List of Unrecorded Horror, Ghost Stories and Weird Tales

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » November 23rd, 2020, 3:17 pm

kadath wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:06 pm
I try to stay on top of removing titles that have been recorded but some slip by me and i'm thankful for any help that I get maintaining this list.
Oh, that was just recorded, not yet catalogued, so no way of knowing except if following the thread. But I thought I'd do it now before I forgot.
I'm glad you're still maintaining this list!!

kadath
Location: "The ghoul-haunted woodland of Weir" Carasoyn, West Virginia

Post by kadath » November 23rd, 2020, 3:26 pm

I saw that Tricia & there will be a bunch that will need to be removed from the list when that's completed & cataloged. It is possible that some of those stories have been recorded already and not removed yet do to the sometimes drastically different translations of his story titles.

thomhaire

Post by thomhaire » December 7th, 2020, 2:45 pm

So I should pick one that suits me and let you know? Or how does the selection process work?

kadath

Post by kadath » December 7th, 2020, 3:04 pm

If you pick one from this list please let me know, you don't have to but it helps me keep up with what's been recorded and what hasn't on this list. Thanks.

OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty » March 4th, 2021, 5:50 pm

kadath wrote:
September 28th, 2015, 1:15 pm
In Kropfsberg Keep - Ralph Adams Cram
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/26687/26687-h/26687-h.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black Spirits and White: A Book of Ghost Stories by Ralph Adams Cram
(Excellent author of weird tales and a favorite of H.P. Lovecraft, GREAT collection)
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26687
Just to update: Black Spirits and White (which includes In Kropfsberg Keep) has now been completed & catalogued :)

Thanks for this list, by the way!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

kadath

Post by kadath » March 5th, 2021, 11:12 am

Thanks for letting me know & thanks for recording "Black Spirits and White," excellent choice! :D

prosfilaes

Post by prosfilaes » March 29th, 2021, 12:33 pm

I'd offer "Beyond the Door" by J. Paul Suter (1884–1970). Unfortunately, the only transcription I know of is on Wikisource, but I can offer scans of the original at archive.org: https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV01n02192304 . I'd note that Weird Tales from 1923 through 1925 are now PD and all available on archive.org.

You've also got some early Lovecraft clearly PD in these Weird Tales issues, all available on Archive.org

Weird Tales Volume 2, No. 4: The Invisible Monster • Sonia H. Greene [ghost written by H. P. Lovecraft]

Weird Tales Volume 3, No. 1: The Picture in the House • H. P. Lovecraft
Weird Tales Volume 3, No. 2: The Hound • H. P. Lovecraft • short story
Weird Tales Volume 3, No. 3: The Rats in the Walls • H. P. Lovecraft
Weird Tales Volume 3, No. 4: The White Ape [aka "Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family"] • H. P. Lovecraft

[s]Weird Tales Volume 4, No. 1: I, Cthulhu • H.P. Lovecraft[/s] (Not on Archive.org)
Weird Tales Volume 4, No. 2: Hypnos • H. P. Lovecraft
Weird Tales Volume 4, No. 3: To a Dreamer • H. P. Lovecraft • verse

McSalt

Post by McSalt » May 10th, 2021, 7:43 pm

Say, if I may, I'd like to put a read on Conrad's The Black Mate. Right on my deck, as it were.