Classic Law Review articles

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » July 14th, 2020, 7:11 pm

I'd still be interested in seeing what interesting law review articles you and your peers have come up with that are published before 1925.

The piece I'm unsure about is how to check the PD status if PDFs of the articles are behind a paywall. I see that a number of reviews publish their content on lawreviewcommons.com If you could link to a pdf of the articles from a site like that, we could easily verify PD status and readers could easily find the text they are to read.

MaryAnn
(former Notes editor, Cornell Law Review)

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » July 14th, 2020, 10:00 pm

You can find articles from the Harvard Law Review and others on JSTOR. Some examples:

JStor search for Law Review articles through 1924
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

Kazbek

Post by Kazbek » July 15th, 2020, 6:35 am

I'm interested in the subject, but not well acquainted with it. It would be ideal if these articles were selected by those know them well, but one could use most-cited articles as a surrogate. Skimming this article, it would seem that about a dozen entries from the various tables are PD, which may be enough for a first collection:

https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1084&context=mlr
Fred R. Shapiro, Michelle Pearse (2012) The Most-Cited Law Review Articles of All Time

Also, one could invite readers to select additional articles themselves.

Michael