[SOLO] The Hawaiian Archipelago by Isabella L. Bird - Lt

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Post Reply
quoth
Posts: 52
Joined: November 14th, 2019, 8:48 am

Post by quoth » September 18th, 2020, 1:54 pm

Sections 22 and 23 - PL OK.

It's a refreshing change to have some shorter letters. She certainly was a prolific letter writer.

Jmbau13
Posts: 842
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » September 24th, 2020, 10:36 pm

quoth wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 1:54 pm
Sections 22 and 23 - PL OK.

It's a refreshing change to have some shorter letters. She certainly was a prolific letter writer.
Thanks! and yes, wasn't she just?
regards
Jane Bennett

Jmbau13
Posts: 842
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » October 23rd, 2020, 9:15 pm

regards
Jane Bennett

quoth
Posts: 52
Joined: November 14th, 2019, 8:48 am

Post by quoth » November 4th, 2020, 11:20 am

Jmbau13 wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 9:15 pm
Here is Letter 24 or xxiv ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_24_bird_128kb.mp3
Section 24 - PL OK.

Sand, sand, sand! :wink:

Jmbau13
Posts: 842
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » November 4th, 2020, 7:55 pm

Thank you! Yup, lots of sand.
regards
Jane Bennett

Jmbau13
Posts: 842
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » November 14th, 2020, 9:02 pm

Here's Letter 25. More volcanos. She does like volcanoes.
And unusually, I caught her in a grammatic error over pronouns.


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_25_bird_128kb.mp3
24: 42
regards
Jane Bennett

quoth
Posts: 52
Joined: November 14th, 2019, 8:48 am

Post by quoth » November 23rd, 2020, 3:14 pm

Jmbau13 wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 9:02 pm
Here's Letter 25. More volcanos. She does like volcanoes.
And unusually, I caught her in a grammatic error over pronouns.


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_25_bird_128kb.mp3
24: 42
Section 25 - PL OK

She exudes such wonder and interest in the volcanoes, she probably would have made a fine volcanologist.

Jmbau13
Posts: 842
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » November 29th, 2020, 10:37 pm

Thanks!
regards
Jane Bennett

Jmbau13
Posts: 842
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » December 14th, 2020, 9:20 pm

regards
Jane Bennett

quoth
Posts: 52
Joined: November 14th, 2019, 8:48 am

Post by quoth » December 17th, 2020, 11:56 am

Jmbau13 wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 9:20 pm
Here's another short one, Letter 26.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_26_bird_128kb.mp3
In the intro it says letter 26 instead of section and it was missing the usual "of The Hawaiian Archipelago by Isabella L. Bird. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."

The rest of the content was a-okay. :thumbs:

Jmbau13
Posts: 842
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » December 28th, 2020, 12:18 am

Hooray for you keeping me on the straight and narrow! I must have had a brain blip. Thanks! Fixed. Another shortish one coming along soonish.
regards
Jane Bennett

quoth
Posts: 52
Joined: November 14th, 2019, 8:48 am

Post by quoth » December 29th, 2020, 11:07 am

Jmbau13 wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 12:18 am
Hooray for you keeping me on the straight and narrow! I must have had a brain blip. Thanks! Fixed. Another shortish one coming along soonish.
Thanks for keeping me on my toes :)

Section 26 is now PL OK
Last edited by quoth on January 4th, 2021, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jmbau13
Posts: 842
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » December 30th, 2020, 4:58 am

quoth wrote:
December 29th, 2020, 11:07 am
Jmbau13 wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 12:18 am
Hooray for you keeping me on the straight and narrow! I must have had a brain blip. Thanks! Fixed. Another shortish one coming along soonish.
Thanks for keeping me on my toes :)

Section 16 is now PL OK
Great. Keep those toes going...
regards
Jane Bennett

Jmbau13
Posts: 842
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » January 3rd, 2021, 10:45 pm

Here is Section 27, 13.25s

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_27_bird_128kb.mp3
Which comes after S26 *rather than 16 :lol: *
regards
Jane Bennett

quoth
Posts: 52
Joined: November 14th, 2019, 8:48 am

Post by quoth » January 4th, 2021, 11:23 am

Jmbau13 wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 10:45 pm
Here is Section 27, 13.25s

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hawaiianarchipelago_27_bird_128kb.mp3
Which comes after S26 *rather than 16 :lol: *
Hah! Even the proof listener needs to be proofed :oops:

I retroactively fixed the comment to have section 26 to avoid confusion in the future.

Section 27 is PL OK.

Post Reply