[SOLO]兒女英雄傳 The Story of Hero Boys and Hero Girls by Wen-mas

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Post Reply
tding
Posts: 128
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » January 23rd, 2020, 11:54 am

Hello, Yuqing,

Again, thanks for the corrections you sent. On all those related to tones, I didn't change them per my previous explanations.

For the 2 破音字, I struggled because I've known both your ways and mine used in Taiwan. So, I went to the official materials from the Ministry of Education(MOE) found online, which, honestly, I'm not even sure were actually implemented. Anyway, here's what I did:

12:42(should be 13:42) - 爪 in 爪牙, read as “zhao,” but I heard “zhua”......I changed to "zhua".
14:35 - 角 in 角力, read as “jue,” but I heard “jiao;”.................................I kept "jiao". (Interestingly, I ran into a fight online over this exact term that turned kind of ugly with very strong opinions!)

In addition, I found another error of mine which I corrected at 4:50. That is 輻輳 fu2 cou4. I mis-read previously as fu2 zou4.

The updated version has been uploaded for your review. Many thanks again for working with me.

Tina

YuqingJune
Posts: 608
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » January 24th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Section 00 PL OK! :clap:
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

tding
Posts: 128
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » January 30th, 2020, 2:19 pm

Hello, Yuqing,

Section 1 has been uploaded, ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heroboys_01_wen_128kb.mp3

Thank you.

Tina

YuqingJune
Posts: 608
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » January 31st, 2020, 6:49 am

tding wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 2:19 pm
Hello, Yuqing,

Section 1 has been uploaded, ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heroboys_01_wen_128kb.mp3

Thank you.

Tina
Working on it! I'll get back to you really quick :)
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

YuqingJune
Posts: 608
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » February 2nd, 2020, 9:28 pm

Section 01 - See PL Notes

Thanks, Tina! I really enjoyed listening to this chapter! Can’t wait to know what happens next :)

Just a few things to take note of:
10:50 - the text says “忙亂”, but I heard “慌亂” in the recording
18:54 - “等不見” was read as “等不到”
22:48 - “白頭” was read as “白發”
26:03 - “歎贊” was read as “贊歎”
26:24 - “董仲舒” was read as “仲董舒”
31:56 - “稍知自愛” was read as “稍加自愛”


And yes, feel free to disregard some of the suggestions. I have absolutely no problem with that! :wink:
Just let me know in your next post, alright?
Once again, thank you for the wonderful work!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

tding
Posts: 128
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » February 3rd, 2020, 12:40 pm

Hi, Yuqing,

I agree with all your finds and thank you for the detailed listening. Let me target the next one for 'zero error'! By the way, did you run into any character that I pronounced differently from how you would? I'm genuinely interested.

I tried reworking the places you pointed out. Unfortunately, I've been battling a cold for a couple of days. My correction, in my ears, sounds so off from the original recording. I guess I'll have to leave this project alone for a while until I get back to normal!

Tina

tding
Posts: 128
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » February 11th, 2020, 9:05 am

YuqingJune wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 9:28 pm
Section 01 - See PL Notes

Thanks, Tina! I really enjoyed listening to this chapter! Can’t wait to know what happens next :)

Just a few things to take note of:
10:50 - the text says “忙亂”, but I heard “慌亂” in the recording
18:54 - “等不見” was read as “等不到”
22:48 - “白頭” was read as “白發”
26:03 - “歎贊” was read as “贊歎”
26:24 - “董仲舒” was read as “仲董舒”
31:56 - “稍知自愛” was read as “稍加自愛”


And yes, feel free to disregard some of the suggestions. I have absolutely no problem with that! :wink:
Just let me know in your next post, alright?
Once again, thank you for the wonderful work!
I've made the corrections and uploaded the revised file for your review. Thanks.

Tina

YuqingJune
Posts: 608
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » February 12th, 2020, 7:10 am

Thanks Tina!
Section 01 is PL OK now. Can't wait for the subsequent chapters already!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

tding
Posts: 128
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » February 18th, 2020, 2:42 pm

Hello, Yuqing,

Section 02 has been uploaded at https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heroboys_02_wen_128kb.mp3 for your PL.

Thank you.

Tina

tding
Posts: 128
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » March 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm

Hello, Yuqing,

Section 03 has been uploaded at https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heroboys_03_wen_128kb.mp3(43:42), ready for PL.

Thanks.

Tina

YuqingJune
Posts: 608
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » March 5th, 2020, 7:35 am

Section 02 - PL OK

Section 03 - See PL Notes

3:06 - the original text is “再知悔過”, but it was read it as “再加悔過”
5:54 - “查辦事件” was read as “查辦事情”
10:39 - “老爺的相待” was read as “老爺的擔待”
32:46 - “在咱們主僕” was read as “在我們主僕”
41:22 - “大道正路” was read as “大路正路”

Thank you for the wonderful work, Tina! :clap:
Apologies for the late reply. School life has been so hectic for me ever since it started a few weeks ago, but I’ll make sure none of the sections will be left unchecked for too long!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

tding
Posts: 128
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » March 5th, 2020, 10:06 am

YuqingJune wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 7:35 am
Section 02 - PL OK

Section 03 - See PL Notes

3:06 - the original text is “再知悔過”, but it was read it as “再加悔過”
5:54 - “查辦事件” was read as “查辦事情”
10:39 - “老爺的相待” was read as “老爺的擔待”
32:46 - “在咱們主僕” was read as “在我們主僕”
41:22 - “大道正路” was read as “大路正路”

Thank you for the wonderful work, Tina! :clap:
Apologies for the late reply. School life has been so hectic for me ever since it started a few weeks ago, but I’ll make sure none of the sections will be left unchecked for too long!
Wow, Yuqing, you came back real quick! I've made the corrections you identified in Section 03 and it's ready for your review. I need to get my focus back so that you don't need to do so much work!

No worry about the speed. School work is more important. Take care of yourself.

Tina

YuqingJune
Posts: 608
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » March 6th, 2020, 12:11 am

No worries, Tina! We're all doing the best we can.
Many thanks for being so understanding, too! :wink:

Just a really minor issue:
this time, 41:22 - “大道正路” was read as “大路正道”

To be honest, it won't matter if we leave it as it is. It's totally up to you whether you'd like to make one more correction!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

tding
Posts: 128
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » March 9th, 2020, 7:29 am

YuqingJune wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 12:11 am
No worries, Tina! We're all doing the best we can.
Many thanks for being so understanding, too! :wink:

Just a really minor issue:
this time, 41:22 - “大道正路” was read as “大路正道”

To be honest, it won't matter if we leave it as it is. It's totally up to you whether you'd like to make one more correction!
Yuqing,

I'm thankful that you caught that. I must have some eye-brain-speech coordination issue! I'm glad to be corrected and have uploaded the updated version for you to approve. Thanks a lot.

Tina

tding
Posts: 128
Joined: March 18th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Post by tding » March 25th, 2020, 8:59 am

Hello, Yuqing,

Finally, I've got Section 4 done. It's uploaded for your PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heroboys_04_wen_128kb.mp3(42:37).

Tina.

Post Reply