[solo] Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds by National Intelligence Council-dlo

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
pmchaffie
Posts: 285
Joined: November 9th, 2008, 7:43 pm
Location: chicago, usa
Contact:

Post by pmchaffie » April 8th, 2021, 4:15 pm

Thank you Alexander. I'll try to speak as clearly and understandably as I can :D
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)

HandmadePSK
Posts: 795
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Contact:

Post by HandmadePSK » April 8th, 2021, 6:05 pm

pmchaffie wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 4:15 pm
Thank you Alexander. I'll try to speak as clearly and understandably as I can :D
There is no need of extra efforts, for you already do it very well! 👍
Nice to meet you) 👦

Cheers
Alexander | HandmadePSK
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:

HandmadePSK
Posts: 795
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Contact:

Post by HandmadePSK » April 8th, 2021, 6:06 pm

dlolso21 wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 4:12 pm
I have set you up as the project DPL, welcome!

David
Nice to be aboard! Thanx) ✨
Alexander | HandmadePSK
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:

pmchaffie
Posts: 285
Joined: November 9th, 2008, 7:43 pm
Location: chicago, usa
Contact:

Post by pmchaffie » April 30th, 2021, 7:05 am

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)

HandmadePSK
Posts: 795
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Contact:

Post by HandmadePSK » May 1st, 2021, 5:00 pm

Sec 11 PL notes:
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), being 85.7 dB.
36:00 - modernization program, and Afghanistan is a still a battleground (p. 119) – “and Afghanistan” is missed

Patrick, I didn`t hear it in your previous recordings, perhaps because I`ve listened to very short pieces of them, but here there are various unneeded sounds all recording long – it sounds like somebody plays with a lighter, keyboard etc. I suppose, this time it will not be considered a crucial obstacle, but for the following recordings I absolutely ask you to overcome it… What do you think about it?

Cheers & blessings! 🐻
Alexander | HandmadePSK
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:

HandmadePSK
Posts: 795
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Contact:

Post by HandmadePSK » May 1st, 2021, 6:51 pm

Moreover:

Sec 05
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), being 85.3 dB.

Sec 07
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), being 92.2 dB.

Sec 09
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), being 93.1 dB.

Sec 10
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), being 85.7 dB.

I hope, there is no need to re-PL these sections deeply, but I suppose, they need to be adjusted to the expected volume`s level… Am I right? If it is so, I`ll sign them as “See PL notes”. 🧐
Alexander | HandmadePSK
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:

pmchaffie
Posts: 285
Joined: November 9th, 2008, 7:43 pm
Location: chicago, usa
Contact:

Post by pmchaffie » May 3rd, 2021, 5:43 am

thanks for your help, in particular noticing the dropped word - i will repair. sections 1-10 have been pl'd and approved. i honestly am not certain what sound's you are referring to - i don't own a lighter or smoke, and i never touch the keyboard while recording. i do everything possible to eliminate unnecessary sound and i believe the quality of these recordings is fine. i am not working in a sound studio, it is my office. normally i am alone in the house and the door and window are closed. i apply noise reduction to all recordings, and i carefully level the recordings to levels that are in the range that i have used for over 11 years.
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)

HandmadePSK
Posts: 795
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Contact:

Post by HandmadePSK » May 3rd, 2021, 10:17 am

pmchaffie wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 5:43 am
thanks for your help, in particular noticing the dropped word - i will repair. sections 1-10 have been pl'd and approved. i honestly am not certain what sound's you are referring to - i don't own a lighter or smoke, and i never touch the keyboard while recording. i do everything possible to eliminate unnecessary sound and i believe the quality of these recordings is fine. i am not working in a sound studio, it is my office. normally i am alone in the house and the door and window are closed. i apply noise reduction to all recordings, and i carefully level the recordings to levels that are in the range that i have used for over 11 years.
Okay, do as you believe to be better. However, this
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), being 85.7 dB.
has to be corrected, otherwise PLing has no sense, imho. Unless it will be changed by the MC during the cataloging.
Thanx! 🙏
Alexander | HandmadePSK
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4643
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » May 3rd, 2021, 11:50 am

HandmadePSK wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 10:17 am
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), being 85.7 dB.
has to be corrected, otherwise PLing has no sense, imho. Unless it will be changed by the MC during the cataloging.
I can fix that and catalog if that is all that is wrong with each section.

David O

HandmadePSK
Posts: 795
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Contact:

Post by HandmadePSK » May 3rd, 2021, 12:57 pm

dlolso21 wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 11:50 am
HandmadePSK wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 10:17 am
The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB), being 85.7 dB.
has to be corrected, otherwise PLing has no sense, imho. Unless it will be changed by the MC during the cataloging.
I can fix that and catalog if that is all that is wrong with each section.

David O
Great, thanx! I`ll keep it in my mind. 👍
Alexander | HandmadePSK
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:

Post Reply