COMPLETE The Jay Bird Who Went Tame by John Breck - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ares

Post by Ares » February 19th, 2021, 12:59 am

The Jay Bird Who Went Tame by John Breck

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/the-jay-bird-who-went-tame-by-john-breck/
The Jay Bird Who Went Tame is a children's story about different animals from the nature relating with humans in a rural environment. (Summary by Ares)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/64586

Target completion date: 0-12-00

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Keywords that describe the book: nature, children, tale, story, fantasy

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter # of The Jay Bird Who Went Tame. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Jay Bird Who Went Tame, by John Breck. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of The Jay Bird Who Went Tame, by John Breck. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Jay Bird Who Went Tame, by John Breck."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: jaybird_##_breck_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. jaybird_01_breck_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Rapunzelina

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by Ares on March 4th, 2021, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » February 20th, 2021, 4:00 am

Hi, Ares! Let me MC this project. I'll set you up with a magic Window.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » February 20th, 2021, 4:17 am

Magic Window is in place, and, as a soloist, you are the BC for this project. Here is a guide about the Magic Window:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC's:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

Follow the steps in "Accessing the System – First Time Login" to create a password that will allow you to access the Magic Window, so then you can update it with your file links whenever you upload, and file durations, etc.

Please keep in mind that we will need a short summary for the book, which you can write now or after you've read it. Let's stay in the launch pad a little longer in case a DPL shows up, then we'll move in Going Solo.

Have fun!

Ares

Post by Ares » February 21st, 2021, 3:15 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 4:00 am
Hi, Ares! Let me MC this project. I'll set you up with a magic Window.
Hi! yeah sure! thanks for everything. I'll read everything on the last link you posted.
I'll have fun and i'll make something entertaining :D :) :) :) keep in touch.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » February 22nd, 2021, 5:16 am

Awesome! I have now moved us to Going Solo.

Ares

Post by Ares » March 1st, 2021, 10:16 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 5:16 am
Awesome! I have now moved us to Going Solo.
Great!, i did ch 1. I think i add it right on the magic window, if need to do whatever more, plz tell me :)

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » March 1st, 2021, 10:27 am

Yes, it looks good! So, whenever you upload a file, you add it in the magic window, then post on the thread that you've uploaded. Just like you did now :thumbs:

If you want, you can advertise for a proof listener now, or later when you've got more files. Here's the info: viewtopic.php?p=318668#p318668

Ares

Post by Ares » March 1st, 2021, 2:16 pm

ty! i did one chapter more. Maybe i could wait to finish the book before finding PLs? It's a short book, i think i can have it done in a couple of days.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » March 2nd, 2021, 4:29 am

:thumbs:

Ares

Post by Ares » March 3rd, 2021, 10:51 am

I did some chapters more.

I think i do it much better on the last ones. Also, I have had to change the mic after one the chapters.
Should I carry on and finish the book, or could i repeat all the chapters? I think I can do them much better.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » March 3rd, 2021, 11:18 am

Hi Ares! Well done on your work so far!

Whether you redo the chapters is your decision, if you feel that the difference in quality justifies the extra work.
Since they haven't been proof-listened yet, it's only your extra work to think about. So, up to you!

Ares

Post by Ares » March 4th, 2021, 10:41 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 11:18 am
Hi Ares! Well done on your work so far!

Whether you redo the chapters is your decision, if you feel that the difference in quality justifies the extra work.
Since they haven't been proof-listened yet, it's only your extra work to think about. So, up to you!

Now that I've finished the book i've reconsidered. I'm just gonna leave it like that, i suppose i didn't do it too bad. I will do the process to find readers, but on the mean time. I'm gonna start another solo project for another children's book, so i don't stop reading. Would you be my BC again plz? :D

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » March 4th, 2021, 10:53 am

I'm glad you're enjoying it! When you're ready for your next project, post it in the Launch Pad and I'll take it up from there, unless another MC has, which is OK, because in Librivox we try to be "First come, First served" :mrgreen:

Ares

Post by Ares » March 4th, 2021, 12:31 pm

Great:
I've posted a new proyect on the lunch pad
And I've posted on Listeners & Editors Wanted using the template part in https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_Template
I'm not sure if i did it ok :?

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » March 4th, 2021, 1:25 pm

It looks good! I added the 5-digit number for the magic window to appear. That's the number in the URL when you are in the magic window. Now fingers crossed that you won't have to wait long for a listener.

I'll go check out your new project! :D