[COMPLETE-POLISH]Sklepy cynamonowe by Bruno Schulz - cs

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Luc Kordas

Post by Luc Kordas » September 19th, 2009, 7:08 am

as for the tiny mistake in PTAKI I apparently made. that could well be but I guess we'll all agree that doesn't make much of a difference - i would have to record it all over again which doesn't appeal to me at all:) I say let's just leave it as it is.

macandal

Post by macandal » October 19th, 2009, 11:42 am

What are the chances of bringing this into English or Spanish? I love this book and would contribute to one or both.

None, right? (Too bad.)

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » October 19th, 2009, 1:27 pm

I've updated the Magic Window based on the notes here ... I'm quite in agreement that minor changes from the text are fine (we aim for a 99% accuracy rate, which on a longer story is some seconds!) I can fix the little notes on background noise, silence and odd sounds, too.

Luc, could you have a look at Nawiedzenie..? It would be easy to sort out the introduction and I'm happy to do that in Audacity from another of your readings, but Kasia noted some missing text - that might be a difference in the online text we're using, so if you could check and let me know, that would be great!
kasiapatrycja wrote:4:59 text missing (two paragraphs)
macandal - we did have a separate-to-LV translation project runnning for a while ... this WOULD be a marvellous addition to it, should it start up again.

So, just one story to record, and then four to proof-listen ... we're nearly there!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

tomker

Post by tomker » October 24th, 2009, 12:43 am

PL of chapter 07 - "Traktat... dokończenie"

4:07 you've clearly modified that part and it might need recording once more because you stumble upon "mówił ojciec mój"
6:14 you read "przysypującym się" instead of "przesypującym sie"
8:11 sounds like "skucie w ich w jedną" instead of "skucie ich w jedną"
8:51 you read "która nawiedzała go czasem" instead of "który nawiedzał go czasem"
9:58 you stumble upon "przybrała naraz"

All these are barely noticeable things. You may be able to edit it without recording again at 8:11 and 9:58 but it's not going to be easy. If it's not going to help I'd say leave it. This recording is ok and needs not to be done again.

macandal

Post by macandal » October 24th, 2009, 11:21 am

Cori wrote:macandal - we did have a separate-to-LV translation project runnning for a while ... this WOULD be a marvellous addition to it, should it start up again.
Cori, thanks. I went to that link and posted that I would be interested in translating. I found a translation of Bruno Schulz's works into Spanish. Would it be okay to record these?

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » October 25th, 2009, 3:37 am

macandal wrote:I found a translation of Bruno Schulz's works into Spanish. Would it be okay to record these?
Yes, as long as they were published before 1923. :) (That's the cutoff date for things to be completely in the public domain in the US. After that date, the legal things get very confusing very quickly, and I'd think it unlikely a Spanish translation would qualify.)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

Luc Kordas

Post by Luc Kordas » October 26th, 2009, 4:09 am

Cori: indeed, there are two short paragraphs missing! No idea how this could have happened. I'll sort it out this week.

As for the Spanish version - I,too, have Sklepy Cynamonowe in Spanish, but I doubt this was published before 1923. It would need further looking into it.

An English version published before '23 is probably a better bet. Check it out.

kasiapatrycja

Post by kasiapatrycja » January 24th, 2010, 4:12 am

PL of chapter 8 Nemrod
1:59 "cząstkę" insted of "cząsteczkę"

Everything else is perfect :)

kasiapatrycja

Post by kasiapatrycja » January 24th, 2010, 4:50 am

PL of chapter 15 - Noc wielkiego sezonu

Everything OK

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » January 24th, 2010, 6:03 am

Thanks, Kasia!

Unless Tomker pops up and is willing to reread that line from Nemrod, I'm going to count it as 'OK'.

Now, any chance you might take Sklepy cynamonowe itself, Kasia..? It's long past time to get this collection finished. :D

tomker

Post by tomker » January 24th, 2010, 9:18 am

i could try, but i don't think i'll be able to make it sound simmilar to the rest of the chapter and in my opinion such a small difference is better than surprising the listener with different sounding paragraph or sentence. i won't be able to recreate good recording conditions i had when working on "nemrod".
let me know if you agree. if not - i can try to fix it.
i'll also look at the last unclaimed chapter and if i get enough time and patience i might be willing to try and record it.

what about the parts that need corrections but the readers are not responding? will we be doing them once again?

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » January 25th, 2010, 4:51 am

Such a small variation is fine, Tomker -- we generally say "99% accuracy" since that's a number that Project Gutenberg uses with their texts. (I know it doesn't mean very much in audio terms, but anyway. In a 20 min recording, that's a little over 10 seconds, which easily covers your recording.)

I think, unless you, Kasia and other contributors disagree, that we should ignore all the corrections except the missing text - and what I suggest there is that someone else might record the text and we'll paste it in at the right place. It's a long way from ideal, but it seems a shame to waste the existing recordings by getting new recordings made, and it would be great to get this book finished so we can start on something else. :D (New complete recordings would probably take quite a while to do.)

exturio

Post by exturio » March 4th, 2010, 2:21 pm

I would like to read part 11: "Sklepy cynamonowe" if it's still available.

exturio

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » March 4th, 2010, 2:36 pm

Yes, please read it, exturio! Welcome to LibriVox :D

Could you please send a short sample file (the first paragraph of the story?) just so I can check that all your technical settings are okay, and that your volume is good? (I've recorded some things too quietly myself, and it's horrible to have to rerecord!) There's more information about sample files here.

Also, can you let me know how you want to be credited in the catalogue (your name or pseudonym) and whether you have a personal URL you'd like linked.

exturio

Post by exturio » March 4th, 2010, 3:51 pm

My sample:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/test_exturio.mp3

I'd like to be posted as "Mateusz Wycislik" (it's actially my name). And with my e-mail adress, if it's possible. (exturio@gmail.com)

Thanks,
exturio