COMPLETE: Up from Slavery by Booker T. Washington - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mwalimu

Post by mwalimu » November 26th, 2008, 8:37 am

Hello again! I would be happy to read chapter 16 if you would like. This is a very enjoyable read. :) I won't be able get it done until after Thanksgiving though. (20 people for dinner and week end guests kind of blow the reading time!)

Carol

cereselle

Post by cereselle » November 26th, 2008, 7:59 pm

Carol, chapter 16 is yours, and it's no problem waiting till after Thanksgiving. :) This really is fascinating, isn't it?

Crash and Jay, you are princes among men. :) Wow, I can't believe this has gone so fast!

Gesine

Post by Gesine » November 27th, 2008, 8:40 am

Yes, this is amazing progress. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

klcislc

Post by klcislc » December 19th, 2008, 10:01 pm

is chapter 13 taken? if not, may i record it?

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » December 21st, 2008, 4:36 am

PLEASE allow me to do the available sections, 13 and 14. I named my son after GW Carver, and was only prevented from naming another after BT Washington because my wife wouldn't cooperate.

Preston
Nobody questions the manhood of a guy who shaves with a straight razor. Only his sanity.

Gesine

Post by Gesine » December 21st, 2008, 8:43 am

Preston, klcislc claimed 13 before you, so I'm going to assign it to him/her. I'll sign you up for section 14, though.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine

Post by Gesine » December 21st, 2008, 8:48 am

klcisic, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

Also, if this is your first recording, you may want to send a sample recording of a minute or so, to make sure the sound quality etc is all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. To do this, first upload your test recording:
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please copy it):
    http://upload.librivox.org
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select the MC, which for this purpose is: xx - Non-project files
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Now please go to the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum and start a new thread (click 'New Topic' at the top left of your screen). For subject, put something like "CC - Titleofrecording by Author" (CC stands for constructive criticism) and include in the message: the link to your file and what type of feedback you would like to receive. Please note: In order to keep this forum current, requests for feedback on test recordings and similar individual files will be deleted ~ one month after they are first posted.

Gesine

Post by Gesine » December 21st, 2008, 8:49 am

I'm moving us over to the Readers Found forum.

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » December 21st, 2008, 9:04 am

I've recorded and uploaded Chapter 14. Duration is 24:10.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/upfromslavery_14_washington.mp3

I'm glad I got to participate in recording this book. Thanks, everyone!

Cheers,

Preston
Nobody questions the manhood of a guy who shaves with a straight razor. Only his sanity.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » December 22nd, 2008, 3:48 am

Preston McConkie wrote:I've recorded and uploaded Chapter 14. Duration is 24:10.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/upfromslavery_14_washington.mp3

I'm glad I got to participate in recording this book. Thanks, everyone!

Cheers,

Preston
PL OK :thumbs:

cereselle

Post by cereselle » December 22nd, 2008, 11:51 am

Sorry, all-- internet was down for a few days at my house, and I didn't expect such a rush. :) Wow, we're fully subscribed (and almost done!)

Preston, I'm glad you got to record as well. :) Keep watching-- if any chapters get returned, you might want to jump on them.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » December 22nd, 2008, 12:24 pm

cereselle wrote:Sorry, all-- internet was down for a few days at my house, and I didn't expect such a rush. :) Wow, we're fully subscribed (and almost done!)

Preston, I'm glad you got to record as well. :) Keep watching-- if any chapters get returned, you might want to jump on them.
I added 14 to the MW - me PLing it before it got there confused things a bit - but I had a few minutes and wasn't sure when the next few might arise
Anne

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » December 22nd, 2008, 12:32 pm

cereselle wrote:Preston, I'm glad you got to record as well. :) Keep watching-- if any chapters get returned, you might want to jump on them.
I'd love to do anything that comes my way by Sunday. On Monday I'll be on the road for 4 weeks straight, so if I don't post or participate during most of January, it's not from loss of interest.

Cheers,

Preston

fortunecookiebride

Post by fortunecookiebride » December 22nd, 2008, 12:45 pm

Just a note to cheer you all on...

I can't wait for this to be finished!

cereselle

Post by cereselle » December 23rd, 2008, 11:45 am

PMed galaxieman63, CarlManchester, mwalimu and Andy Yu.