Complete - Priče iz davnine Ivane Brlić Mažuranić-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 24th, 2019, 3:04 am

jospe wrote:
January 24th, 2019, 3:00 am
Hello! I meant to post these updates earlier but I have been quite busy lately.
4 sections finished :shock: ok, I need a bit of time to PL those. Patience, but I'm on it.

And thanks for the summary, it will help my understanding of the story :)

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 24th, 2019, 3:09 am

jospe wrote:
January 24th, 2019, 3:00 am
I fixed the first recording. It should be corrected now.
I made a spot check and both errors are perfectly corrected. PL ok now.

Congrats on your first finished section. :clap:

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 24th, 2019, 4:29 am

I finished the second story. Wonderful reading again. I really love this language, just like Russian, it sounds so melodious. :9: And thanks for the summary, it helped me find some parts which I understood a bit.

It's basically word perfect again. I only found one small deviation, but I even think it's a typo in the text, but I'm not sure, so I prefer to note it down and you can decide if this changes the meaning and if it’s worth correcting

> at 8:37: (p. 28): “nasred ostrva dragi samen” – you say “kamen”

Apart from that, all is well.

I try to listen to another story today, but I can't promise to do both today.

Sonia

jospe

Post by jospe » January 24th, 2019, 6:41 am

Hi Sonia, thanks, you are so fast :)
Kitty wrote:
January 24th, 2019, 4:29 am
It's basically word perfect again. I only found one small deviation, but I even think it's a typo in the text, but I'm not sure, so I prefer to note it down and you can decide if this changes the meaning and if it’s worth correcting

> at 8:37: (p. 28): “nasred ostrva dragi samen” – you say “kamen”
I also noticed this while recording. Yes, that must be a typo. "Samen" doesn't mean anything, and "kamen" means stone/rock.

Here is a short(er) summary of Section 3 (Regoč):
One day, while playing with some wild horses, the fairy Kosjenka gets carried away on horseback by the most untamed horse of the herd. She dismounts near the walls of the city of Legen, where she meets Regoč, a giant with a long beard, whose only task is to count the stones of Legen. The lively and curious fairy manages to convince Regoč to travel with her underground and explore the wonders of the world. Regoč digs a hole, and they roam underground discovering in this manner various vestiges of the times of old, which the earth buried. After a small incident, they emerge onto the surface in a region with two neighbouring hamlets, surrounded by a beautiful forest, a river, and large fields of gold. They soon meet and befriend a group of local children. The adults from the two hamlets, however, do not get along, and so the inhabitants of one hamlet decide to drill a hole in the dam and make the river Zlovoda ("Evilwater") flood the rival hamlet. To their surprise, the massive river floods both villages and only Regoč, Kosjenka and the children manage to find refuge on a hill. After an interval of panic, the smart fairy Kosjenka instructs Regoč how to seal the hole and repair the dam. All rejoice, but not for long, as they learn that all the other inhabitants apart from them had perished in the flood. However, they find hope and relief in a grandmother and grandfather: the only two inhabitants of the region, who were wise enough to escape from the flood onto a high roof. The elderly couple teaches the children how to rebuild their homes, and Kosjenka stays to live and be merry with them. Tired of all the commotion and drama, Regoč goes back to his city of Legen, and carries on counting his stone in peace and quiet.

Cheers! :)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 24th, 2019, 7:00 am

jospe wrote:
January 24th, 2019, 6:41 am
I also noticed this while recording. Yes, that must be a typo. "Samen" doesn't mean anything, and "kamen" means stone/rock.
ok I had a feeling this was a typo, but I wanted to be sure. Chapter 2 is PL ok then.
Here is a short(er) summary of Section 3 (Regoč)
thank you !!! I already started on the story before, but the summary really helped tu understand a bit :lol: It's a good story with a sad ending (for the villagers) but a good moral that people have to try to live together in peace. :thumbs:

This story is also totally PL ok. You're making my job easy here ;)

But now I need a break, I have concentrated too long now and am a bit tired. The third story I will listen to tomorrow.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 25th, 2019, 5:40 am

And Neva Nevicica is also PL ok. This sounded like a romance, even if I didn't understand much. :9: Very nicely read.

Thank you

only 2 stories left. You are doing this at a rapid pace. :thumbs:

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 9th, 2019, 1:35 pm

:shock: I saw just by chance that you posted your last three sections ! Please also make a comment in this thread when you upload sections, otherwise I don't get notified and I don't know that there is something to PL.

It's a bit too late today, but I will listen to them tomorrow or Monday at the latest. It's so great that we can finish this project during the March challenge :9:

Sonia

jospe

Post by jospe » March 9th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Hi Sonia!
I was uploading today, and was waiting for it to finish to notify you here, but it took a long time and I had to run some errands.
I also only saw your pm now, I didn't get any notification about it before... :hmm:

I had the recordings ready weeks ago, but I kept postponing editing in some bits at the beginnings and ends of recordings, so it took some time, and it may sound a bit off, but it should be more or less finished now.

I split the last story in two parts since it was too long. Below you will find the summaries of the remaining stories.

Sunce djever i Neva Nevičica (The "Wedding Guest" Sun and Neva Nevičica)
In the guise of an old woman, the shapeshifter Mokoš goes over to a miller and his wife to have her grain ground. As they do not offer her a fair trade, she returns the next day, and is served for free by their kind-hearted daughter Neva Nevičica. Mokoš promises to recommend her to her grandson the Sun and to be of her aid wherever she went.
Soon, it happened so that the evil princess lost the keys to her treasures, and promised to make her closest court attendant, whoever finds the lost keys. Neva Nevičica finds the keys with the help of Mokoš. The princess, however, intended for the valiant ban Oleh to find the keys and make him her husband. Oleh and Neva fall in love instantly, return the keys to the princess, and ride away to get married in the court of ban Oleh.
Out of wrath, the furious princess orders a military attack on Olah and Neva Nevičica. Many wedding guests and ban Olah's allies defend them, but cannot stop the mighty army. Even Mokoš refuses to help them, since Neva Nevičica disobeyed her by refusing to become empress's attendant and chose ban Olah instead. Neva Nevičica turns her plea to the heaven, where the mighty Sun happened to be passing by, and heard her prayers.
Since she kindly provided Mokoš and him with ground grain previously, the Sun takes pity on her. It punished Mokoš and defeats the enemy army with its fierce heat.
Following their victory, Neva Nevičica and ban Oleh finally get married, and even the Sun comes to their wedding, as it was prophesied by fairies at Neva Nevičica's birth.

Šuma striborova (The Forest of Stribor)
A young man wanders into a forest that was said to stay enchanted until it is visited by someone, who prefers their misfortune to all the happiness in the world. As he was cutting wood, a sinful cursed spirit in the form of a serpent takes shape of a young beautiful woman. The naive young man is seduced, and he takes her back home with the intention of marrying her. His old and wise mother, however, is not fooled by the bride's appearance, and she immediately notices her reptilian tongue.
So they live all three together for some time, and the mother's life becomes increasingly unhappy, due to bride's wickedness, but she keeps her quiet, so as not to hurt her son. One day she encounters a poor girl wandering in the cold winter air, and offers to mend her clothes. The kind girl gives the old mother a bundle of firewood as a thanks.
One day, when the old mother used it to light fire, out of the fireplace came jumping and dancing familiar spirits, headed by Malik Tintilinić. They agree to help the mother in revealing the true nature of the bride. They replace bride's hen eggs with those of a magpie, and when the bride eventually finds them, her ophidian tongue and temper become apparent to all. All but her son, who banishes his mother overcome with wrath and shame.
Out in the cold, the old mother lights a fire, and is visited once again by the spirits. They advise her to visit Stribor, the elder of the enchanted forest. Stribor offers her a new life in another time, youthful, happy, and oblivious to anything and everything from the current time. But the old woman refuses, preferring to live an unhappy life with her son, than a happy one without him. At once, the whole forest roars and suddenly disappears together with Stribor, all the spirits, and with the vicious bride. The son immediately falls to his mother's knees in repentance.
After some time, he marries the kind poor girl, and they all continue living happily.

Bratac Jaglenac i sestrica Rutvica (Brother Jaglenac and sister Rutvica)
Running away from an enemy attack on her town, a noble and kind-hearted princess stumbles upon a cabin in a valley under the Kitež mountain. The shepherdess Milojka hides the princess and her baby boy prince. The princes departs again soon afterwards, but leaves with Milojka a golden belt and a golden cross on a red ribbon, which Milojka after many years on her death bed entrusts to her daughter Rutvica and son Jaglenac. After the funeral, Rutvica gets snatched by an eagle and carried onto the Kitež mountain. She manages to free herself and find refuge in a church in the middle of a sacred lake, on the top of the mountain.
In the meantime, the toddler Jaglenac leaves home to search for his sister. On his way up the Kitež mountain, Jaglenac is assaulted in various ways by the evil fairies (Zatočnice), but his golden cross and childish innocence protect him throughout his journey. Eventually he reaches the top of the mountain, where he reunites with Rutvica.
The noble princess meanwhile was living in a far-away land with her son Relja, who grew up into a fine but proud young prince. Longing for his lost princedom, Relja departs to find the proofs of his status: the golden belt and the cross. He learns of the two siblings' whereabouts, and on his way up the mountain, slays the fire dragon out of withheld rage, and is persuaded and lead forward by one of the evil fairies, who also desired the golden belt. When they reach Jaglenac and Rutvica, Relja does not have the heart to take the lost emblems by force, but instead joins the children and sends away the evil fairy. The newly founded party makes way down the mountain with the sacred candle and cresset, which were found in the church, and which keep away all evil. Having happily returned into the valley, they send for the princess, who rejoices in meeting Jaglenac and Rutvica. So they all lived together in the valley for some time, and the inhabitants of those lands eventually recognised their nobility and virtues. Their conquered town eventually became desert due to the prodigal ways of life of their current lords. Thus, the princess and Relja take back their rightful principality. After some time, Rutvica and Relja marry, while Jaglenac grows up into a handsome and swift horse-rider.

Happy listening! :D
-J

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 9th, 2019, 2:01 pm

jospe wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 1:55 pm
I was uploading today, and was waiting for it to finish to notify you here, but it took a long time and I had to run some errands.
oh ok...I was afraid they had been waiting in the MW for days already :lol:

thank you for the summaries, they will help

As for the split section....you could have just fit it into one section. The maximum length for one section is 74 minutes, and your two sections together are just under that time. So if you wish to merge them, you can still do that, just cutting out the intro in the middle. ;)

So that means there will come one more story after these ?

Sonia

jospe

Post by jospe » March 9th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Kitty wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 2:01 pm
As for the split section....you could have just fit it into one section. The maximum length for one section is 74 minutes, and your two sections together are just under that time. So if you wish to merge them, you can still do that, just cutting out the intro in the middle. ;)
I ran the whole file through the checker programme, and it said that the file was too long and needed to be cut in two. I think it is better this way. It gives the listener a little break. Also, I cut the file at a logical half-way point in the story.
Kitty wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 2:01 pm
So that means there will come one more story after these ?
No, one of the stories (Sunce djever i Neva Nevičica) was already posted before, and is already PLed, but I had the summary lying around, so I posted that one as well for completion's sake ;) All the stories have been recorded and are in the MW.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 9th, 2019, 2:37 pm

jospe wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 2:12 pm
I ran the whole file through the checker programme, and it said that the file was too long and needed to be cut in two.
ah yes, checker tells you that with every file over 1 hour, but actually our maximal accepted length is 74 minutes. I think it's the length that would fit on a CD if some people wish to burn it on CD. :hmm: So it would have fit.

But I agree, I also prefer smaller sections, and I see you break it at Day 1 and Day 2, if I understood the title correctly, so it's a good break-point. :thumbs:

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 11th, 2019, 1:44 am

Šuma striborova is excellently read and totally PL ok. I'm glad there was a happy ending. 8-)

And on to the last story...I think I can finish it today

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 11th, 2019, 2:25 am

First part of Bratac Jaglenac i sestrica Rutvica is also PL ok. I loved the voice of the witch (or evil spirit), talking to the sister. So tempting but very dangerous. :thumbs:

Thank you for the summaries, they really help a lot enjoying this more.

On to the final part....

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 11th, 2019, 3:01 am

And the second part of the story is also PL ok. Happy ending all around. :9:

Congratulations on your first finished Solo :clap: You've done very well, almost word-perfect everywhere, you made the PL job very easy.

Now we'll leave it to MaryAnn to catalogue the project.

Sonia

jospe

Post by jospe » March 11th, 2019, 3:24 am

Awesome, thanks for PL-ing this Sonia! :)
Josip