Hi Timtmalexander01 wrote: ↑December 19th, 2020, 11:30 am[Chapter 4]
I hope this sounds alright. I'm sorry the filename is wrong, I did correct the name in my files, but after I converted the file to MP3 it defaulted back to the original. If you like I can rename it, but it'll probably take a few hours.
I had a brief listen but stopped, because your file just is not ready for PL yet.
1. Your volume is too low. Now, this was brought up on your original reading test, and Adrian took the trouble to give you some very good advice about increasing it, about using the Checker program to check your own reading (before uploading), about reducing the noise, and a bunch of helpful links.
You should reread what Adrian said - here. posting.php?mode=quote&f=21&p=1790122
There's a lot of breathy noise on this reading, which will probably increase when you magnify the volume. I'd like to hear more voice, matching the specs required, and less noise.
2. The bit rate is wrong. Must be 128 kps.
3. The bit rate is also variable, must be constant.
4. Finally, we never submit recordings in stereo, all must be in mono.
5. As you already picked up, your file name is wrong.
Now, the Checker program would have pointed out 1-5 if you had used it before uploading. Please do use it for your first few recordings, it saves us all time.
I will listen to this reading again when you have fixed points 1-5 and re-uploaded, with the recording length. Naturally, you will also have listened all the way through to your recording, and corrected any reading errors you found.
If you need help to do any of this, just ask. Many here to help.