(COMPLETE) A Christmas Hamper: Stories and Tales for Little Folks - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
spatel2
Posts: 376
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Contact:

Post by spatel2 » December 15th, 2020, 9:20 am

philchenevert wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 10:08 pm
Ok! I don't think she will resume this project, so we can turn it into a group project! Am I experienced enough to be BC or do we need to find another one? I'm fine any way you decide to go! And I agree that we should keep my recordings and just find a DPL. Thanks again!
Yes, you can be BC and you will do a fine job. Remember I am here to help. I will change the title to remove duet and add a tilde to advertise for a DPL. Then I'll move this to Readers Wanted for a bit and see what happens. :D
Ok! Thanks! Do I need to change the 'Important Note to Duetist:' to something else?
~ Shriya

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20326
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 15th, 2020, 2:05 pm

spatel2 wrote:
December 15th, 2020, 9:20 am
philchenevert wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 10:08 pm
Ok! I don't think she will resume this project, so we can turn it into a group project! Am I experienced enough to be BC or do we need to find another one? I'm fine any way you decide to go! And I agree that we should keep my recordings and just find a DPL. Thanks again!
Yes, you can be BC and you will do a fine job. Remember I am here to help. I will change the title to remove duet and add a tilde to advertise for a DPL. Then I'll move this to Readers Wanted for a bit and see what happens. :D
Ok! Thanks! Do I need to change the 'Important Note to Duetist:' to something else?
That would be a nice idea. Just rewrite anything that you feel would be appropriate for a normal project. Just edit the first post.
Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.
Need Help? Check out these tutorial videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

spatel2
Posts: 376
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Contact:

Post by spatel2 » December 15th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Great! I changed the first post to a normal group project post, so now we wait for a DPL and readers, right?
~ Shriya

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20326
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 15th, 2020, 4:56 pm

spatel2 wrote:
December 15th, 2020, 4:23 pm
Great! I changed the first post to a normal group project post, so now we wait for a DPL and readers, right?
Right. I am distracted now with stuff in real life but we will get this going just fine.
EDIT: I did change the first post so that everyone reads the full disclosure. That is normal.
Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.
Need Help? Check out these tutorial videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

MsToniHillK
Posts: 7
Joined: November 16th, 2020, 12:49 pm

Post by MsToniHillK » December 16th, 2020, 7:01 pm

I can do sections 10 and 11

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20326
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 16th, 2020, 8:51 pm

MsToniHillK wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 7:01 pm
I can do sections 10 and 11
Shriya, do you know how to post claims in the magic window? This LibriVoxer has the OK on his test and another recording so it is a simple matter. Just let me know.
Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.
Need Help? Check out these tutorial videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

spatel2
Posts: 376
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Contact:

Post by spatel2 » December 16th, 2020, 10:18 pm

philchenevert wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 8:51 pm
MsToniHillK wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 7:01 pm
I can do sections 10 and 11
Shriya, do you know how to post claims in the magic window? This LibriVoxer has the OK on his test and another recording so it is a simple matter. Just let me know.
Yes, I do :D

To sum it up, you make sure the reader has a catalog page and OK on his/her test, and then add their name in the Magic Window the same way I would do in a solo. I also answer any questions they have. If they don't have a catalog name, I don't know what to do...

I did read all the information/readiness quiz to be a BC on the LibriVox Wiki, and I saw some videos on tips to use the MW by another MC.

I'm hoping I'm getting the information correct so I don't mess up...
Last edited by spatel2 on December 16th, 2020, 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~ Shriya

spatel2
Posts: 376
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Contact:

Post by spatel2 » December 16th, 2020, 10:19 pm

MsToniHillK wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 7:01 pm
I can do sections 10 and 11
Welcome to the project!
~ Shriya

wleeh85
Posts: 7
Joined: November 23rd, 2020, 7:14 am

Post by wleeh85 » December 17th, 2020, 6:10 pm

Hi,
I would like to record the Section 9, The Prize Boat. This will be my first recording and it can be posted using wleeh. I have already completed my 1 minute test and it was approved. :)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you,
Lee

spatel2
Posts: 376
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Contact:

Post by spatel2 » December 17th, 2020, 8:19 pm

wleeh85 wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 6:10 pm
Hi,
I would like to record the Section 9, The Prize Boat. This will be my first recording and it can be posted using wleeh. I have already completed my 1 minute test and it was approved. :)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you,
Lee
Hi! Welcome to LibriVox! I have you down for Section 9.

Here's your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/15451 Have fun recording! :)
~ Shriya

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20326
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 17th, 2020, 10:28 pm

wleeh85 wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 6:10 pm
Hi,
I would like to record the Section 9, The Prize Boat. This will be my first recording and it can be posted using wleeh. I have already completed my 1 minute test and it was approved. :)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you,
Lee
Hi Lee and welcome. Are you saying that you want your catalog name to be wleeh? Your forum name is already wleeh85.
Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.
Need Help? Check out these tutorial videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

PSHarvey106
Posts: 372
Joined: November 17th, 2020, 10:56 pm

Post by PSHarvey106 » December 19th, 2020, 4:35 am

Hi,

If it's still available, I would like to record section 7.

Thank you,
Paul
Paul

SoundsLikeJack
Posts: 19
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 11:49 am
Location: Brasília, Brasil

Post by SoundsLikeJack » December 19th, 2020, 5:38 am

May I claim section 8, A Lesson in Manners?

It is my first recording, you can use my username as my credit thanks!
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20326
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 19th, 2020, 9:02 am

PSHarvey106 wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 4:35 am
Hi,

If it's still available, I would like to record section 7.

Thank you,
Paul
Section 7 is all yours. :D
Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.
Need Help? Check out these tutorial videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20326
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 19th, 2020, 9:03 am

SoundsLikeJack wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 5:38 am
May I claim section 8, A Lesson in Manners?

It is my first recording, you can use my username as my credit thanks!
Welcome! I am assigning that section to you since you got the OK on your test! Have fun. (Shriya, I am just jumping in here since I have the time. We are now full up and just need a DPL)
Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.
Need Help? Check out these tutorial videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

Post Reply