[COMPLETE] Original Short Stories of Guy De Maupassant by Guy de Maupassant - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
afutterer
Posts: 3934
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » December 9th, 2020, 8:59 am

I can pick up DPL for Stav on this. Miss Stav, I hope you feel better soon!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 50501
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 9th, 2020, 9:01 am

Thanks, Anthony. I'll put you in now. :)
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
New York scenes, 1897: Darkness and Daylight
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5

tac107
Posts: 298
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by tac107 » December 9th, 2020, 2:31 pm

afutterer wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 8:59 am
I can pick up DPL for Stav on this. Miss Stav, I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for deciding to help me out!

And Miss Stav, if you see this, thanks for your help and I hope you feel great soon!
Tatiana

Thinking about returning to the Great Smoky Mountains :9:

Help us finish The Book of Jubilees!

tac107
Posts: 298
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by tac107 » December 9th, 2020, 7:00 pm

53-62 are ready!
Tatiana

Thinking about returning to the Great Smoky Mountains :9:

Help us finish The Book of Jubilees!

afutterer
Posts: 3934
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » December 10th, 2020, 9:02 am

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS 32-35

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

afutterer
Posts: 3934
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » December 10th, 2020, 9:56 am

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS 36-40

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 50501
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 10th, 2020, 10:00 am

Tatiana -

Taking a look at your magic window, you may have to split section 120 into two parts. We try to keep a limit of about 72 minutes to the recordings, in order that they fit on an audio CD. A bit over 11,000 words may not make that limit.

If that's the case, your section numbering after that point will change. So I'd advise you to either split the section into 2 parts beforehand, or be sure not to read sections past that point until you are sure whether or not 120 will need to be divided (so you don't have to go back later and change the section numbers in the intros and outros.)

Does this make sense? :)

I should have advised this for that 10,000 word section as well, but I see you've recorded past that one already. And it's quite possible a 10,000 word section will fit the limit just fine.
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
New York scenes, 1897: Darkness and Daylight
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5

tac107
Posts: 298
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by tac107 » December 10th, 2020, 11:00 am

TriciaG wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 10:00 am
Tatiana -

Taking a look at your magic window, you may have to split section 120 into two parts. We try to keep a limit of about 72 minutes to the recordings, in order that they fit on an audio CD. A bit over 11,000 words may not make that limit.

If that's the case, your section numbering after that point will change. So I'd advise you to either split the section into 2 parts beforehand, or be sure not to read sections past that point until you are sure whether or not 120 will need to be divided (so you don't have to go back later and change the section numbers in the intros and outros.)

Does this make sense? :)

I should have advised this for that 10,000 word section as well, but I see you've recorded past that one already. And it's quite possible a 10,000 word section will fit the limit just fine.
Makes total sense. Based on what I have calculated from previous long readings the 10,000 word section should fit. I will split 120 on your advice since that one is longer.

EDIT: It fits! Your message convinced me to bite the bullet and record 52. Ready for PL.
Tatiana

Thinking about returning to the Great Smoky Mountains :9:

Help us finish The Book of Jubilees!

miss stav
Posts: 16327
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » December 10th, 2020, 5:54 pm

Thanks a lot for your concern about me. It is very kind of you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

tac107
Posts: 298
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by tac107 » December 12th, 2020, 1:19 pm

63 and 64 are up
Tatiana

Thinking about returning to the Great Smoky Mountains :9:

Help us finish The Book of Jubilees!

afutterer
Posts: 3934
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » December 14th, 2020, 7:34 am

PL NOTES:

SECTION 41

At ~5.248s, during the introduction, there is one edit that was not removed.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

tac107
Posts: 298
Joined: July 17th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by tac107 » December 14th, 2020, 7:43 am

afutterer wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 7:34 am
PL NOTES:

SECTION 41

At ~5.248s, during the introduction, there is one edit that was not removed.
Happened to be browsing the forum just as you posted! Reuploaded
Tatiana

Thinking about returning to the Great Smoky Mountains :9:

Help us finish The Book of Jubilees!

afutterer
Posts: 3934
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » December 14th, 2020, 8:11 am

PL NOTES:

SECTION 42

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

afutterer
Posts: 3934
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » December 14th, 2020, 8:32 am

PL NOTES:

SECTION 43

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

afutterer
Posts: 3934
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » December 14th, 2020, 8:35 am

tac107 wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 7:43 am
afutterer wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 7:34 am
PL NOTES:

SECTION 41

At ~5.248s, during the introduction, there is one edit that was not removed.
Happened to be browsing the forum just as you posted! Reuploaded
Section 41 is now PL OK. Thanks!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

Post Reply