COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cradle Song by Sierra - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 7th, 2021, 11:43 am

ToddHW wrote:
March 7th, 2021, 11:41 am
I already had the rest of your part cut into the master file, so all I'll use is the missing line portion.
you will check thhis immediately while editing ? Then I won't have to relisten to the whole file again ?

Tiffany, for just one missing sentence there was really no need to re-do it all. That was way too much work for you, especially because the rest of the act was totally fine. Spot editing is always preferred to re-recording. It's also less work for the DPL.

Sonia

mamatiff82

Post by mamatiff82 » March 7th, 2021, 12:59 pm

ToddHW wrote:
mamatiff82 wrote:
March 7th, 2021, 10:57 am
Kitty wrote:
March 4th, 2021, 1:33 am

sorry to hear about the hard weather conditions. And we are so lucky we had an exceptionally sunny and warm February and it's really springtime here.

Mistress of Novices again beautifully acted, thank you so much. You only missed one of the quotes (sorry....need to get once more behind the microphone :? )

> at about 0:50: (p. 46) missed line: "It is too late to forbid her now."

And that only leaves us with Sister Tornera's part and then we can wrap this up. :9: Looking forward to hearing it all assembled.

Sonia

I rerecorded Act 2. Had to do a couple of lines over as I got a bit tripped up :P . Let me know if this is ok. Thank you!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cradlesong_mistressofnovices_2_128kb.mp3
I already had the rest of your part cut into the master file, so all I'll use is the missing line portion.

The extra line is PL OK.

Thanks, Todd

(Note: It is almost never necessary to rerecord an entire file, and it just creates more work to repeat PL. Editing in just the needed fix is best.)
Thanks for the clarification and patience with my first Librivox recording.

mamatiff82

Post by mamatiff82 » March 7th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Kitty wrote:
March 7th, 2021, 11:43 am
ToddHW wrote:
you will check thhis immediately while editing ? Then I won't have to relisten to the whole file again ?

Tiffany, for just one missing sentence there was really no need to re-do it all. That was way too much work for you, especially because the rest of the act was totally fine. Spot editing is always preferred to re-recording. It's also less work for the DPL.

Sonia
Thanks Sonia. First time doing this, so I didn't know. But I know now for next time.

mamatiff82

Post by mamatiff82 » March 7th, 2021, 1:00 pm

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » March 7th, 2021, 2:09 pm

Extra line PL OK.

So now I just need to get the assembled acts ready for final PL....

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » March 9th, 2021, 8:46 am

Act 1 is ready for final PL. I think you all sound wonderful together.

NOTE: I might have to move the poet's Interlude to the end of Act 1 here from the Act 2 file if the Act 2 file is too long when I finish with it. (Currently the Act 2 draft is just over 74 minutes - the very limit.) The interlude makes much more sense dramatically if it is at the start of the Act 2 file though.....

Thank, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 10th, 2021, 3:20 am

ToddHW wrote:
March 9th, 2021, 8:46 am
Act 1 is ready for final PL. I think you all sound wonderful together.
:clap: wow I agree, we all sound great together. Todd, the merging of voices was quite extensive this time, but you managed well, especially when spacing the sentences out a bit. :thumbs: It's nicely understandable. The nuns all have a distinct personality, I loved to listen to this. Great job.

Can be marked PL ok right away.

The interlude might fit better at the beginning of Act 2, or maybe it could be a separated section altogether ? But of course then we would need another intro/outro as well. It wouldn't sound too odd at the end of act 1 either though, if all else fails. I'm ok with whatever you decide.

Thanks, very entertaining. Looking forward to act 2.

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » March 10th, 2021, 4:47 am

Glad you enjoyed it.

The interlude is just over 5 minutes - seems too short for a separate section. It is included in that 74 minutes I gave for Act 2, so it should make it. Maybe.

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » March 11th, 2021, 9:48 am

Act 2 is ready for final PL. Wonderful performance, all of you.

(I was able to keep the interlude in the Act 2 file after all. Barely.)

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 12th, 2021, 2:07 am

ToddHW wrote:
March 11th, 2021, 9:48 am
Act 2 is ready for final PL. Wonderful performance, all of you.
(I was able to keep the interlude in the Act 2 file after all. Barely.)
and done :clap: all PL ok and wonderful to listen to. Especially when there are so many nuns discussing together at one point, it's so great to hear all the voices switching from one to the other. It gives a real feeling of a busy place full of people.

Great job, all of you, excellent editing as always. Thanks for the treat.

This is ready for the catalogue. Let's put it on our March Archievement list :mrgreen:

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » March 12th, 2021, 4:31 am

Glad you liked it - it is a wonderfully sweet story.

Cataloging now.

EDIT: It is in Archive.org's (virtual) hands now, waiting for their processing....

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » March 12th, 2021, 3:25 pm

This project is complete. Audio files can be found on our catalog page at https://librivox.org/the-cradle-song-by-gregorio-martinez-sierra/

Thank you all for your wonderful voices, plus Sonia's ears!

Todd

(More after the March Cleanup.)