[COMPLETE][Magazine][Short Stories]The Rover Vol. 01 No. 03 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vonkluver

Post by vonkluver » January 4th, 2021, 9:23 pm

Ah okay.
www.robklyver.com should redirect to my Linked In : https://www.linkedin.com/in/robklyver/
Thanks

vonkluver

Post by vonkluver » January 4th, 2021, 9:31 pm

New guy question & clarification

I decided to script out the intro and exit.

Please confirm that this is okay and pleas clarify the" ( - 0)" at the last. As I read the instructions I see say " minus zero "... but it is Monday so...
~~~
START of recording (Intro)
"Section 4 of The Rover Volume 1, Number 3. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by Rob Klyver, Playa Del Rey, California"
Say:
"The Rover Volume 1, Number 3, edited by Seba Smith and Lawrence Labree. Section 4, The Jewel of the Harem (see MW)

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section 4"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by Rob Klyver, [Playa Del Rey, California"
At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of The Rover Volume 1 Number 3, edited by Seba Smith and Lawrence Labree ( - 0)"

Thanks ...-rob

queenk8

Post by queenk8 » January 4th, 2021, 9:47 pm

vonkluver wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 9:31 pm
New guy question & clarification

I decided to script out the intro and exit.

Please confirm that this is okay and pleas clarify the" ( - 0)" at the last. As I read the instructions I see say " minus zero "... but it is Monday so...
~~~
START of recording (Intro)
"Section 4 of The Rover Volume 1, Number 3. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by Rob Klyver, Playa Del Rey, California"
Say:
"The Rover Volume 1, Number 3, edited by Seba Smith and Lawrence Labree. Section 4, The Jewel of the Harem (see MW)

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section 4"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by Rob Klyver, [Playa Del Rey, California"
At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of The Rover Volume 1 Number 3, edited by Seba Smith and Lawrence Labree ( - 0)"

Thanks ...-rob
Hey Rob - I think I can help here.
Before you launch into your section, you'll read this:

"Recording by Rob Klyver, Playa Del Rey, California"
"The Rover Volume 1, Number 3, edited by Seba Smith and Lawrence Labree. Section 4, The Jewel of the Harem, by Lawrence Labree"

Then, obviously, read the story.

At the end of the story, you only need to say:
"End of Section 4."

If you want, you can repeat "recording by Rob Klyver", but that's optional.
The longer exit (with the curious symbol - maybe an emoji gone wrong?) is only said at the end of the entire book, so that part's on me.
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 5th, 2021, 4:46 am

vonkluver wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 9:23 pm
Ah okay.
www.robklyver.com should redirect to my Linked In : https://www.linkedin.com/in/robklyver/
Thanks
ok I think it works now, thank you. I took the full linkedin name, I hope that was ok. If not I can change it.

As for the intro/outro, thank you Kate, for replying so fast while I was off for the night. :thumbs: And yes, the strange symbol at the end is gone now, I forgot to delete it manually.

Thank you

Sonia

vonkluver

Post by vonkluver » January 5th, 2021, 10:02 am

Thank you team.
...-rob

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 6th, 2021, 12:26 pm

as promised, the next volume is launched: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=84732

Sonia

queenk8

Post by queenk8 » January 6th, 2021, 5:56 pm

Here is section 5 ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0103_5_smith_128kb.mp3
Time is 23:09

(Don't cry.) :shock:
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 7th, 2021, 1:50 pm

queenk8 wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 5:56 pm
:shock: thanks for the warning, but when he killed that child it was too much after all. And your expressive reading enhanced the horror even more. A typical story of self-fulfilling prophecy. He would never have done it if he hadn't known his future. A very tragical story. :( But wonderfully narrated, thank you so much, Kate. And I hope it wasn't too hard for your to read. I know I would have sobbed audibly by the end if I had to read this aloud.

PL ok.

Sonia

queenk8

Post by queenk8 » January 7th, 2021, 6:34 pm

Kitty wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 1:50 pm
queenk8 wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 5:56 pm
:shock: thanks for the warning, but when he killed that child it was too much after all. And your expressive reading enhanced the horror even more. A typical story of self-fulfilling prophecy. He would never have done it if he hadn't known his future. A very tragical story. :( But wonderfully narrated, thank you so much, Kate. And I hope it wasn't too hard for your to read. I know I would have sobbed audibly by the end if I had to read this aloud.

PL ok.

Sonia
Thank you. I always speed read ahead of time, so I knew it was coming. Even so, I was feeling the horror. I love these old stories for stretching my characterizations, even if I'm not always fond of the characters!
Kate Follis

Sshoger

Post by Sshoger » January 7th, 2021, 7:02 pm

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 8th, 2021, 8:50 am

queenk8 wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 6:34 pm
I love these old stories for stretching my characterizations, even if I'm not always fond of the characters!
yes exactly like me, I love the drama and enjoy creating characters for my readings. That's why I love stage plays so much too :9:

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 8th, 2021, 8:53 am

Sshoger wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 7:02 pm
Section 2 ready for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0103_2_smith_128kb.mp3
Duration: 35:26
thank you, wow, another very sad story with a tragic ending. The days of the Terreur must have been really dark in French history :( Nothing worse than an angered mob of zealots.

The story is wonderfully narrated, I really enjoyed it and was holding my breath how it would go on. Loved it. :9: So great that you are lending your voice to this magazine.

I have a couple of notes to correct though:

> at 1:03: between "such a being" and "the stamp of nobility" - I hear an audible sound, I don't know what it is, but it could be easily cut here

> from 23:34-23:54: (p. 40) repetition of 4 lines from "and then fixing her full dark eyes" till "from excess of emotion" - one version can be cut

thanks

Sonia

vonkluver

Post by vonkluver » January 9th, 2021, 11:43 am

Hi crew hope are all well and safe
I have been rehearsing my section - some great syllables in my section.
Just heard that next Saturday I can return to the silent room to record my part - I live on a busy road near LAX - so post production is bit of work.
Wanted to update so y'all don't think I have flaked. :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 9th, 2021, 11:55 am

vonkluver wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 11:43 am
Hi crew hope are all well and safe
I have been rehearsing my section - some great syllables in my section.
Just heard that next Saturday I can return to the silent room to record my part - I live on a busy road near LAX - so post production is bit of work.
Wanted to update so y'all don't think I have flaked. :D
don't worry, after half a week absence, nobody here yet thinks of flaking :lol: We start to worry after we haven't heard from you in a month or so...the deadline for each section is two months, if by then I hear nothing from you, I start to think maybe the interest has waned. It would be good to check in regularly and give a status update, but that doesn't have to be once a week ;) If you don't disappear without a word till the two months are up, then we are perfectly happy here.

Good luck in the studio !!!

Sonia

Sshoger

Post by Sshoger » January 17th, 2021, 3:58 pm

Thanks for your kind words, Sonia! And here's the updated version. New duration is 35:15.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0103_2_smith_128kb.mp3

-Scott