Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 19th, 2021, 12:44 am

NarratorKD wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 1:28 pm
Hello there!
May I claim Section 5?
Hello Kat, and welcome to our forum :)

So cool that you want to have your LV debut in the Rover Magazine 8-) I can definitely reserve you section 5 for the time being.

However, before you start recording, I would strongly advice to complete a one-minute-test first. This is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard.
You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the section officially. For that I would need to open a personal reader page for you, so please also tell me which reader name you want to go by. Can be the same as the forum name or your real name, or whatever.

For the moment, I will reserve the section for you for one month, to give you time to sort out the test. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 19th, 2021, 12:48 am

SimonaLovin wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 4:23 pm
Hi! Could I claim section 5, Count Julian and his Family, by Washington Irving? Thank you.
Hello Simona and als a warm welcome to the forum and the Rover project to you. :) I see you already started with a test :thumbs: I had a quick look and the tech specs seem to be fine, only the volume needs to be raised by a few decibels. But best wait for an official feedback during the day.

Unfortunately, another new reader claimed section 5 just a few hours before you and I didn't have the time to update the Magic Window yet. Only sections 6 and 7 are available for the time being. Maybe you are interested in one of those instead ?

Please let me know and as soon as the test is ok'ed I can assign you another section officially and will also open a reader page for you. For that only tell me which reader name you want to go by, real name or forum name or any other pseudonym.

Thanks

Sonia

HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko » January 19th, 2021, 3:01 am

Hi Sonia)
Kitty wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 12:42 am

I hope this helps.
Yes) Now I understand)
Thank you!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 19th, 2021, 4:53 am

neecheelok70 wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 8:22 am
Here is Section 2--I am glad he won! :thumbs: :
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0104_2_various_128kb.mp3
this was a very bizarre story...the opium den at court was a bit surrealistic. :lol: But interesting nevertheless, so thank you for this, Jim.

I only found one small stumble to cut out:

> at 0:47: (p. 50) stumble and repeat: "while by his beer-drinking" – one "his" can be cut

> also while you are at it, please reupload with the correct file name: _smith_ instead of _various_ so we keep all the filenames similar.

Thank you

Sonia

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 » January 19th, 2021, 7:12 am

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 » January 19th, 2021, 8:09 am

Here is Section 4. Superbly written, but heart-wrenchingly sad!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0104_4_smith_128kb.mp3

14:01

Jim :(

NarratorKD

Post by NarratorKD » January 19th, 2021, 9:26 am

Kitty wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 12:44 am
NarratorKD wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 1:28 pm
Hello there!
May I claim Section 5?
Hello Kat, and welcome to our forum :)

So cool that you want to have your LV debut in the Rover Magazine 8-) I can definitely reserve you section 5 for the time being.

However, before you start recording, I would strongly advice to complete a one-minute-test first. This is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard.
You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the section officially. For that I would need to open a personal reader page for you, so please also tell me which reader name you want to go by. Can be the same as the forum name or your real name, or whatever.

For the moment, I will reserve the section for you for one month, to give you time to sort out the test. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !

Sonia
Wonderful! Will do! Thank you!!

SimonaLovin

Post by SimonaLovin » January 19th, 2021, 8:28 pm

Hi Kitty,

Section 6 would work well, same for section 7. I would like to go by my real name, Simona Lovin. Thank you! :)

Simona
Kitty wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 12:48 am
SimonaLovin wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 4:23 pm
Hi! Could I claim section 5, Count Julian and his Family, by Washington Irving? Thank you.
Hello Simona and als a warm welcome to the forum and the Rover project to you. :) I see you already started with a test :thumbs: I had a quick look and the tech specs seem to be fine, only the volume needs to be raised by a few decibels. But best wait for an official feedback during the day.

Unfortunately, another new reader claimed section 5 just a few hours before you and I didn't have the time to update the Magic Window yet. Only sections 6 and 7 are available for the time being. Maybe you are interested in one of those instead ?

Please let me know and as soon as the test is ok'ed I can assign you another section officially and will also open a reader page for you. For that only tell me which reader name you want to go by, real name or forum name or any other pseudonym.

Thanks

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 20th, 2021, 12:19 am

SimonaLovin wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 8:28 pm
Section 6 would work well, same for section 7. I would like to go by my real name, Simona Lovin. Thank you! :)
Simona
great, thank you. And I see you have passed your test already :thumbs: so I can open your reader page right away, here it is: https://librivox.org/reader/15618 You will see all the projects listed in there in which you participate.

I have assigned you Section 6 then, since that was the first available on the list ;) As a new reader, please consult the first post carefully, where you can find all the details on how to say the intro/outro/title correctly and how to name the finished file. If there are any questions still, please don't hesitate to ask. You may have seen in the Magic Window that there are pages missing in the original link, so for your story it's best to read from this link: https://archive.org/details/rover01labrgoog/page/n86/mode/2up

Have fun. I hope you enjoy the story and the recording process. :D I'm looking forward to hearing a new voice.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 20th, 2021, 5:56 am

neecheelok70 wrote:Here is corrected Section 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0104_2_smith_128kb.mp3

Here is Section 4. Superbly written, but heart-wrenchingly sad!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0104_4_smith_128kb.mp3
oh yes indeed :( another tragic story. But the realism was excellently conveyed. I wonder why so many stories are published anonymously in this magazine. Would have been fun to know who wrote them. Or maybe it was the editors themselves :hmm:

Both sections PL ok now, thank you, Jim

Sonia

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 » January 20th, 2021, 6:42 am

Thanks. Jim :thumbs:

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 » January 20th, 2021, 11:26 am

May I claim 7?

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 » January 20th, 2021, 12:21 pm

Forgive. I really wanted to do this one. So I went ahead, assuming approval. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0104_7_smith_128kb.mp3

17:51

Jim

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 20th, 2021, 1:34 pm

neecheelok70 wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 11:26 am
May I claim 7?
;) I see you have been over-eager to start, so thanks for the section. Will PL tomorrow.

That means we are fully claimed and I move us over to Readers Found. Will probably start the next issue tomorrow, but it's a bit late for it tonight.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 22nd, 2021, 1:09 am

as promised, here is the next issue: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85103

maybe I'll hear some of your voices in there as well. 8-)

Sonia