C0MPLETE: The Workers, an Experiment in Reality: The Eastby Walter Wyckoff -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV » March 15th, 2021, 10:10 am

The last 3 sections (15-17) are now ready.

Jo, I can't see how to delete the sections from 18 on - is that something you do? If I should be doing it, can you let me know how?
Also, I'd like to add the following keywords to the East -
Working Class
Working Conditions
Economic History

I wanted to check to make sure the genre's matched the second volume as I was pretty sure I added more to The West, but I don't see any genres listed at all for it. Let me know if you need me to reassign them.

Thanks all!

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » March 15th, 2021, 6:28 pm

Hi Phyllis,
I will delete the unneeded sections. Deleting is an MC only task. :) I'll also add the additional keywords. Will get back to you on the genres for East vs. West after I take a look in the database.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » March 15th, 2021, 6:36 pm

The East
Genre:
Non-fiction, Non-fiction/Social Science (Culture & Anthropology), Nonfiction/History/Modern (19C)
Keywords:
social science, ethnography, working class, working conditions, economic history

The West
Genre:
Non-fiction/Social Science (Culture & Anthropology) - Note: I added this one since you didn't enter anything in the template

Keywords:
social science, working class, working conditions, economic history
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

silverquill

Post by silverquill » March 15th, 2021, 9:33 pm

Oh, wow, we're done!

Ran out of time this morning, but glad I was able to finish it tonight.

I guess this was my favorite chapter, since logging was a big deal in Oregon, my home state. I worked in a plywood mill during the summers while in college, but never out in the woods, where the work was even tougher and more dangerous. We also had logging competitions at the country fair in our little town.

Anyway, Jo can put the ribbons on this and give it to the waiting world!

Thanks again for the pleasure of listening to this. :9:
~ Larry

PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV » March 16th, 2021, 6:20 am

knotyouraveragejo wrote:
March 15th, 2021, 6:36 pm
The East
Genre:
Non-fiction, Non-fiction/Social Science (Culture & Anthropology), Nonfiction/History/Modern (19C)
Keywords:
social science, ethnography, working class, working conditions, economic history

The West
Genre:
Non-fiction/Social Science (Culture & Anthropology) - Note: I added this one since you didn't enter anything in the template

Keywords:
Jo, let me look at the genres again. I had thought I added a bunch to the West, but for some reason that field gets really wonky on me when I’m trying to select them from the drop down. I’ll go through again and find the ones I wanted to add and will let you know.

PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV » March 16th, 2021, 7:21 am

silverquill wrote:
March 15th, 2021, 9:33 pm
Oh, wow, we're done!

Ran out of time this morning, but glad I was able to finish it tonight.

I guess this was my favorite chapter, since logging was a big deal in Oregon, my home state. I worked in a plywood mill during the summers while in college, but never out in the woods, where the work was even tougher and more dangerous. We also had logging competitions at the country fair in our little town.

Anyway, Jo can put the ribbons on this and give it to the waiting world!

Thanks again for the pleasure of listening to this. :9:
I really enjoyed this book. The earlier chapters taking place in the Hudson Valley really fascinated me as my husband and I enjoy going there. I'm guessing that what he called Middletown is now Middleton, which we've been to. A really great perspective on the times and hardships.

PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV » March 16th, 2021, 7:25 am

PhyllisV wrote:
March 16th, 2021, 6:20 am
knotyouraveragejo wrote:
March 15th, 2021, 6:36 pm
The East
Genre:
Keywords:

The West
Genre:

Keywords:
Jo, let me look at the genres again. I had thought I added a bunch to the West, but for some reason that field gets really wonky on me when I’m trying to select them from the drop down. I’ll go through again and find the ones I wanted to add and will let you know.
So after looking through the genres, let's just have the same for the West that was listed for the East. I think I was getting confused between genres/keywords. All is good. Thanks Jo.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » March 16th, 2021, 11:06 am

Congratulations Phyllis on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed.

https://librivox.org/the-workers-an-experiment-in-reality-the-east-by-walter-a-wyckoff/
Jo
My Librivox Solos

PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV » March 17th, 2021, 7:34 am

Jo, in the summary of the book, can you add this as the last sentence -

This volume covers the Eastern part of the United States.

Thanks much. I love the cover!

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » March 17th, 2021, 6:21 pm

Added line to summary. I agree, great cover. :)
Jo
My Librivox Solos