COMPLETE Sermons to Children by S. Baring-Gould - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 11th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Sermons to Children, by Sabine Baring-Gould (1834 - 1924)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/sermons-to-children-by-sabine-baring-gould/
Twenty-three sermons where the truth to be taught is appended to a story as a Moral. (Summary by MaryAnn)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/sermonstochildr00barigoog

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Sermons to Children. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Sermons to Children, by Sabine Baring-Gould. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Sermons to Children, by Sabine Baring-Gould. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Sermons to Children, by Sabine Baring-Gould."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: sermons_##_baringgould_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. sermons_01_baringgould_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: maryannspiegel

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Join us to MARCH to the finish line by completing as many projects as we can during March! This thread tracks our progress and lists projects in need of readers/PLers.

My Librivox solos

silverquill

Post by silverquill » February 11th, 2021, 9:38 pm

Mmm. I'd be glad to join you as DPL, unless you have someone already lined up.
~ Larry

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 11th, 2021, 9:48 pm

That would be great Larry. I'm reading this one upstairs, and the Spurgeon one downstairs ... so what you get depends on where I am sitting when I start recording! :lol:

MaryAnn
Join us to MARCH to the finish line by completing as many projects as we can during March! This thread tracks our progress and lists projects in need of readers/PLers.

My Librivox solos

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 15th, 2021, 1:41 pm

Larry,
Uploading a batch. These are going pretty quickly. No rush on the PLing, I know I'm pushing out a lot of files to you at once.
MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 15th, 2021, 2:48 pm

I may have forgotten to amplify one or two to 89 dB. If so, I'll catch those when I catalog.
MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

silverquill

Post by silverquill » February 17th, 2021, 9:56 am

Oh, my! I forgot to bookmark this, and just now saw it on my workflow page.
I'll get started on these as soon as I can. Really looking forward to them. :)
~ Larry

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 17th, 2021, 10:24 am

Thanks Larry.
MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

silverquill

Post by silverquill » February 17th, 2021, 11:57 am

Well, I got a start on these.
Chapter one has the intro repeated.
2-5 are PL OK
~ Larry

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 17th, 2021, 12:44 pm

Oops, corrected section 1 uploaded.
MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

silverquill

Post by silverquill » February 18th, 2021, 12:09 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 12:44 pm
Oops, corrected section 1 uploaded.
MaryAnn
PL OK, also 6 and 7
~ Larry

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 18th, 2021, 12:47 pm

Thanks Larry.

My Librivox solos

silverquill

Post by silverquill » February 19th, 2021, 10:06 am

Really enjoying these! I've listened through 15 and all are PL OK except for 14 where I heard one little thing you might want to change.

Section 14 6:18 I hear “the poison went out of the womb” I think that should be "wound."
~ Larry

silverquill

Post by silverquill » February 19th, 2021, 11:05 pm

I've finished the remainder of these, and they are all PL OK :clap:

So, with the exception of the not above, if you want to make a correction, this worthy volume is ready to go.

It's been my pleasure to listen to your reading of these little sermons. :)
~ Larry

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 20th, 2021, 11:31 am

Larry,

You ROCK! thank you. I don't agree with all of his theology (the infant baptism and transubstantiation), but I thought the sermons were good reminders and gentle prods toward living a life of submission to Christ for both adults and children.

I'll go back and listen to 14 and see if I can do better on enunciating that word ... or maybe it's another situation of "calvery cavalry" where my tongue only does so much and after that you get what you get ...

MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

silverquill

Post by silverquill » February 20th, 2021, 9:24 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 11:31 am
Larry,

You ROCK! thank you. I don't agree with all of his theology (the infant baptism and transubstantiation), but I thought the sermons were good reminders and gentle prods toward living a life of submission to Christ for both adults and children.

I'll go back and listen to 14 and see if I can do better on enunciating that word ... or maybe it's another situation of "calvery cavalry" where my tongue only does so much and after that you get what you get ...

MaryAnn
I hear you in all counts!
~ Larry