New here...Hi!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ShiLoves

Post by ShiLoves » May 26th, 2020, 5:04 pm

Hey, this is Shi speaking and id like to take some time to introduce myself.

Im 18, turning 19 this year, and im going to college in the fall. Just graduated high school! I do like reading and ive been interested in voice acting, so reading audiobooks is the water i must test before diving in. I like fantasy, mythical, adventure, comedy, action, and horror stories. i hope to be a great addition!

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » May 29th, 2020, 1:51 pm

Hello, Shi, welcome to LibriVox. It's a helpful and friendly community. You just need to put a sample in the Listeners Wanted forum, so we can make sure that your recording setup fits our needs (it's mainly to do with volume and technical stuff like bit rate ... once that's defined in your editing program you'll never need to think about it again ... and, to a lesser extent, background noise levels). Nothing to do with an audition!

Then I'd advise you to record a short piece in the Readers Wanted: Short Works forum, just to see how the system works. There's a lot of help available in the wiki (there's a link at the top of the main Forum page), together with videos aimed at different aspects of the system .... but you can always ask for specific help in the Need Help forum, further down the page.

I hope you enjoy yourself.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger