Call me Rick

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
RichardBeiswanger

Post by RichardBeiswanger » May 26th, 2020, 8:54 pm

I'm grateful to have discovered this community of like-minded people with a passion for reading, and sharing. I look forward to having some fun with you all! :clap:

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » May 29th, 2020, 1:54 pm

Welcome to LibriVox Rick! And you can call me Phil. You will enjoy being creative here as well as having fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin (who is currently working from her home of course) welcomes you too with her happy dance Image
Phil Chenevert is inviting you to a Zoom meeting.
LibriVox Chit-Chat - Poetry & stuff Time: Sep 27, 2020 12:00 NOON Central Time
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88926698339
Meeting ID: 889 2669 8339

Be nice to everyone.

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » May 29th, 2020, 1:57 pm

Hello, Rick; welcome to LibriVox. It's a friendly and (almost always!) good-mannered community. You can find plenty of help, either through the wiki pages (there are links at the top of the main forum page), or simply by asking in the Help Needed forum towards the bottom of the main page. There are also lots of short videos covering various aspects of the system (you can see links to them in the wiki).

Book enthusiasts welcome! ... but we have to limit our enthusiasm to work that's definitely in the public domain in the USA ... plus definitely in the public domain for the reader.

I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger