New to Librivox

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rachelmayferriman

Post by rachelmayferriman » February 5th, 2021, 4:30 am

Hello, my name is Rachel (from Cape Town, South Africa) and I have just submitted my one-minute test. I am looking forward to reading for Librivox and thank you for the opportunity to participate in this project.

Winifred

Post by Winifred » February 5th, 2021, 7:59 am

Hi, My name is Winifred and I am new to Librivox. I am from
the Island of Bermuda a British Colony. :)

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » February 5th, 2021, 8:02 am

Welcome to LibriVox Rachel! It is neat of you to volunteer. At first some things may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to have side effects of joy, happiness and tons of good karma. You may proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included; may contain gluten and great old books.
My emotional support animal is a chicken. A 4 piece. With a biscuit. You're welcome
Need Help? Check out these tutorial videos: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK » March 3rd, 2021, 2:55 pm

rachelmayferriman wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 4:30 am
Hello, my name is Rachel (from Cape Town, South Africa) and I have just submitted my one-minute test. I am looking forward to reading for Librivox and thank you for the opportunity to participate in this project.
Hello Rachel! 🧒

It's nice to see how thoughtful you are about the texts regarding South Africa. I greet you here and wish you tons of fun things and an interesting experience!
Cheers 💛
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ My introduction
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs:

rachelmayferriman

Post by rachelmayferriman » March 5th, 2021, 10:49 am

HandmadePSK wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 2:55 pm
rachelmayferriman wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 4:30 am
Hello Rachel! 🧒

It's nice to see how thoughtful you are about the texts regarding South Africa. I greet you here and wish you tons of fun things and an interesting experience!
Cheers 💛
:9: As with all volunteer work, this seems more rewarding for me than for anyone I intend to benefit. I am learning so much and it is indeed fun and interesting. Thank you for your welcome message!