Hello from an Aspiring audiobook narrator

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Cprice78

Post by Cprice78 » February 6th, 2021, 1:11 am

Hello everyone,

I joined the LibriVox community last summer when I started researching about audiobook narration. I was working as a Customer Service Rep for a utility company which was very emotionally draining. I have since left that job after working over 10 years with them and now I finally have more time to invest in my new passion...reading and narrating.

I hope to gain more experience with LibriVox. I think this will be so much fun. I am eager to start recording once my audio has been evaluated and is up to par.

Thank you all for reading!!!

Stay safe!!

geoscoutCJ

Post by geoscoutCJ » February 6th, 2021, 4:21 pm

Cprice78 wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 1:11 am
Hello everyone,

I joined the LibriVox community last summer when I started researching about audiobook narration. I was working as a Customer Service Rep for a utility company which was very emotionally draining. I have since left that job after working over 10 years with them and now I finally have more time to invest in my new passion...reading and narrating.

I hope to gain more experience with LibriVox. I think this will be so much fun. I am eager to start recording once my audio has been evaluated and is up to par.

Stay safe!!
Hi Cprice78,

Welcome to LibriVox. I am also new here myself and wanting to get into Audiobook narration eventually. I am hoping to learn and grow with the support of the LibriVox community!

Do you think you will want to start with doing other smaller paid Voice Over work or just start working with books?

Caleb

Cprice78

Post by Cprice78 » February 6th, 2021, 5:20 pm

Hi Caleb,

I really want to do audiobooks but I have tried doing small voice overs and they were really fun. I’ve only done 3 paid voice overs and only volunteer narration. I feel I need more practice.

I wish you luck in your audiobook career!

Cindy

geoscoutCJ

Post by geoscoutCJ » February 7th, 2021, 9:32 am

Cprice78 wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 5:20 pm
Hi Caleb,

I really want to do audiobooks but I have tried doing small voice overs and they were really fun. I’ve only done 3 paid voice overs and only volunteer narration. I feel I need more practice.

I wish you luck in your audiobook career!

Cindy
You are farther along then I am then. :D I am only just now starting to record things that other people might hear and definitely want to practice. Thank you, good luck to you as well!

Caleb

thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl » February 8th, 2021, 3:52 pm

Greetings! Librivox is definitely a great place to practice lots of things related to VO, for ex:

-recording, getting comfortable with (and listening to) your voice
-using a microphone
-editing programs
-basic audio language
-the narrating itself!
-acting
-collaboration with people from all over the world
-exploring styles and genres
-voices, accents (optional)
-feeling accomplished

See you around! :thumbs:

Cprice78

Post by Cprice78 » February 8th, 2021, 4:37 pm

thestorygirl wrote:
February 8th, 2021, 3:52 pm
Greetings! Librivox is definitely a great place to practice lots of things related to VO, for ex:

-recording, getting comfortable with (and listening to) your voice
-using a microphone
-editing programs
-basic audio language
-the narrating itself!
-acting
-collaboration with people from all over the world
-exploring styles and genres
-voices, accents (optional)
-feeling accomplished

See you around! :thumbs:
Thank you!! I am already having a great time and enjoying the practice.

-Cindy

HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK » March 3rd, 2021, 7:16 pm

Cprice78 wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 1:11 am
Hello everyone,

Stay safe!!
Hi Cindy! 🌈

I see you started with children's literature. I'm sure your voice will be especially appreciated by children all around the world!
Thank you for volunteering!
Take care 🐶
Alexander, by HandmadePSK
Aspire to inspire before we expire! :thumbs: