Hello from AZ high country

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
tomjones67

Post by tomjones67 » February 27th, 2021, 12:28 pm

Hello. My name is Tom Jones. Not the famous guy that sings, just one of the other 10,000+ people with that name in the US. Finally living in the mountains of Arizona after 20 years in the desert.

I've been told I have a face for radio and a voice for print but decided to give this a go anyways. While I do have a technical background in electronics and computers, it's not sound engineering as I'm reminded every time I try to kill my background noise.

Looking forward to not just reading, but growing into the role of a reader and learning the skills to make something people enjoy listening to.

GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan » March 1st, 2021, 6:36 pm

Hey, Tom, your sense of humor is delightful! You'll find many opportunities to use it here, regardless of your current skill level. LibriVox is full of people who want to share what they know and what you want to learn. The forums and LibriVox Wiki are loaded with suggestions to get you up and running.

Best wishes for your experience here,
Grace
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome feedback

HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK » May 2nd, 2021, 7:02 pm

tomjones67 wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 12:28 pm
Hello. My name is Tom Jones. Not the famous guy that sings, just one of the other 10,000+ people with that name in the US. Finally living in the mountains of Arizona after 20 years in the desert.

I've been told I have a face for radio and a voice for print but decided to give this a go anyways. While I do have a technical background in electronics and computers, it's not sound engineering as I'm reminded every time I try to kill my background noise.

Looking forward to not just reading, but growing into the role of a reader and learning the skills to make something people enjoy listening to.
Welcome, Tom! 🤠
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄