Hi I'm Victor

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Victorgladium

Post by Victorgladium » March 1st, 2021, 1:45 pm

I caught the virus, (the coronavirus) and I am very bored at home. I started listening to audiobooks, but the selection in danish is very limited, so I thought I could contribute with some reading myself. I've never been too much of a tech guy or into bureaucracy, for that matter. But I have a good microphone and a lot of books, and would like to just get started. Is it possible, without reading too many "how to's"? I really would love to just upload audiofiles, nothing else.

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » March 1st, 2021, 6:44 pm

Hi Victor, and welcome to LibriVox! We're so glad you joined, and that you'll be expanding the Danish book selection! Just a note, we only record public domain books (published on or before 1923.)
There are certain technical settings required of all volunteers. A lot of volunteers like to use the platform Audacity to record. Once you record the raw file for your 1-Minute Test, you'll need to set up your tech specs like so. It's not that hard, but it can seem daunting at first. However, setting up everything is a one-time thing and then you'll be able to record as much as you want.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions (I had a bunch when I first started, and I still do!) We're here to help you out.

Rachel

Victorgladium

Post by Victorgladium » March 3rd, 2021, 10:09 am

Thank you very much for the reply. It made everything so much easier for me! I will see to it that I follow your instructions as well as I can.
I can't wait to get started.