Hi!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
skylark2000

Post by skylark2000 » March 2nd, 2021, 10:29 am

Hi everyone, I'm Alesia aka. Sylark2000. I've been actively involved in my community theater over the years, playing various roles, and have always loved to read aloud, especially to my son. He is 12 now, so needless to say, he's not as interested in me reading to him anymore. But, he's always told me I have a good reading voice. We were introduced to Librivox recordings through our homeschool program, and when he discovered that there was a need for volunteers, he suggested I try it! I hope to get some feedback soon, as I am really looking forward to getting started!

OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty » March 2nd, 2021, 12:59 pm

Hi Alesia - welcome! :D

Looks like you've already got some feedback on your 1 Minute Test, so you should be off to the races in no time!

I recommend taking some time to explore the forums, just to get a sense of how everything works - it can seem a bit overwhelming at first, but it's all pretty straightforward once you get used to it. And if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Once your test gets the OK, find a group project that looks interesting and claim a section or two to get started. Seeing as you're a theatre person to begin with, I'd particularly recommend the Dramatic Works section of the forum - always lots of roles over there looking for a voice, many of which are quite short and work great as quick projects for new folks.

Most importantly - have fun! :mrgreen:
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft