Hi, I'm Elizabeth

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
elizabethesther

Post by elizabethesther » March 3rd, 2021, 10:56 am

Hello Librivox community! I joined a few days ago and I was learning to use the forum plataform. i joined because I'd like to contribute to the spanish section of Librivox, as that is my mother language. Also I graduated from Visual Arts in college so I'd be very glad to contribute to the cd cover section as well.

I know we only read public domain books so I already read the author's copyright law in my country and it is very similar to the USA's one.

Hope I can be useful!

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » March 3rd, 2021, 5:49 pm

Hi Elizabeth, and welcome to LibriVox! We’re so happy you joined!
I’m half fluent in Spanish as well (I’m Latina but never fully learned the language. It’s much harder to learn now that I’m not a kid anymore.) So glad to hear that you’ll be contributing to our Spanish section- the foreign languages books always need more contributions! Though I suppose that, depending on where one lives, all the other countries are considered “foreign” :lol: And we’d love to have your visual art experience for our CD covers as well.

Before you do any actual recording, you’ll need to complete a 1-Minute Test- not an audition, just a short recording to make sure your tech specs are correct. You can find information on that in the Wiki.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re here to help you out!

God bless!

Rachel

elizabethesther

Post by elizabethesther » March 4th, 2021, 12:17 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 5:49 pm
Hi Elizabeth, and welcome to LibriVox! We’re so happy you joined!
I’m half fluent in Spanish as well (I’m Latina but never fully learned the language. It’s much harder to learn now that I’m not a kid anymore.) So glad to hear that you’ll be contributing to our Spanish section- the foreign languages books always need more contributions! Though I suppose that, depending on where one lives, all the other countries are considered “foreign” :lol: And we’d love to have your visual art experience for our CD covers as well.

Before you do any actual recording, you’ll need to complete a 1-Minute Test- not an audition, just a short recording to make sure your tech specs are correct. You can find information on that in the Wiki.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re here to help you out!

God bless!

Rachel

Thank You! I'll make the test :D