Hello to one and all

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mf5810

Post by mf5810 » March 4th, 2021, 8:20 am

Hello everyone

I have watched a number of videos by Phil Chenevert on Youtube which is how I got to know about LibriVox. I love a good read, have a passion for public speaking and would love to become an audiobook narrator. I have a pleasant and soothing voice which I think will be suitable for all kinds of reads. I would be thrilled to share my voice with those who love to listen to audiobooks. Have been poking around on the various LibriVox forums the past couple of days trying to take in whatever I can. Thanks to all you folks who took so much trouble explaining stuff in such detail. I have all the necessary equipment and I think I am ready to do my 1-minute test. Am excited and nervous. Hope to get onto the forums to share and learn.

I have a question. I live in Canada. I hope I am allowed to record audiobooks for LibriVox from here?

Cheers

Michelle

sjmarky

Post by sjmarky » March 5th, 2021, 4:16 pm

Greetings. Sure, Canadians can record LibriVox audiobooks, as long as the text is in the public domain in the US. There is guidance on where to look in the Wiki under Book Resources.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page