COMPLETE Ghost and Horror Story Collection Vol. 052 - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
digitizer
Posts: 334
Joined: November 8th, 2020, 4:47 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by digitizer » May 9th, 2021, 7:57 pm

Good Afternoon:

Lost Hearts
By M.R. James
From Ghost Stories of an Antiquary
Read by Cliff Stone
Time 24:39

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_losthearts_james_cs_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8486

Thanks
Cliff
~ Digitizer

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11462
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » May 10th, 2021, 8:06 am

Thank you, Greg, Alix, Colleen and Cliff :9:

alixsquish
Posts: 192
Joined: August 11th, 2020, 8:31 am
Location: North East England

Post by alixsquish » May 10th, 2021, 8:33 am

digitizer wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 3:55 am
Good Evening:

Count Magnus
By M.R. James
From Ghost Stories of an Antiquary
Read by Cliff Stone
Time 33:5

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_countmagnus_james_cs_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8486

Thanks
Cliff
PL ok! Thanks again
Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog

digitizer
Posts: 334
Joined: November 8th, 2020, 4:47 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by digitizer » May 10th, 2021, 1:03 pm

Good Morning:

Number 13
By M.R. James
From Ghost Stories of an Antiquary
Read by Cliff Stone
Time 37:10

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_number13_james_cs_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8486

Thanks
Cliff
~ Digitizer

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11462
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » May 10th, 2021, 1:12 pm

Thank you, Alix and Cliff! :clap:

gridsock
Posts: 11
Joined: May 11th, 2021, 12:35 pm

Post by gridsock » May 11th, 2021, 5:52 pm

Hello!

The Stranger
By Ambrose Bierce
Cosmopolitan, February 1909
Read by Vianne Bozza
Time 14:30
Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_thestranger_bierce_vb_128kb_mp3.mp3
Text at:
https://www.steve-calvert.co.uk/public-domain-texts/ambrose-bierce-the-stranger.html

Hope your day is going well! :)

gridsock
Posts: 11
Joined: May 11th, 2021, 12:35 pm

Post by gridsock » May 11th, 2021, 5:53 pm

Hello again!

A Diagnosis of Death
By Ambrose Bierce
New York Journal, December 1901
Read by Vianne Bozza
Time 07:14
Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_adiagnosisofdeath_bierce_vb_128kb_mp3.mp3
Text at:
https://www.steve-calvert.co.uk/public-domain-texts/ambrose-bierce-a-diagnosis-of-death.html

Grothmann
Posts: 1042
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » May 11th, 2021, 6:30 pm

Good Evening:


Midnight Realism
By William Sanford
From Weird Tales, November 1925 
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 12:19


Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_midnightrealism_sanford_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV06N05192511/page/n37/mode/2up


A short ghost tale.
Thanks
Dale

If my count is correct, this may have to go into the next collection. Fortunately, there will probably be a "Next Collection."

alixsquish
Posts: 192
Joined: August 11th, 2020, 8:31 am
Location: North East England

Post by alixsquish » May 12th, 2021, 11:25 am

Grothmann wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 11:05 pm
Good Evening:

Pity Me!
By Bertha Russell (age 15)
From Weird Tales November 1925
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 5:03


Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_pittyme_russell_dg_128kb.mp3

Text At:
https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV06N05192511/page/n127/mode/2up

I haven;t looked it up. I wonder if she continued writing.
Thanks
Dale
Thanks Dale!
PL ok

One thing for Rapunzelina - not sure if it matters for cataloguing but there's a typo in the file title - pity with two 't's
FoxSox wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 1:51 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_buckstowninn_anderson_lf_128kb.mp3

Ghost of Buckstown Inn by Arnold M. Anderson
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/53419/53419-0.txt

9 Minutes, 18 seconds

Happy to just be listed as my username :) I used the checker and passed, hope this is ok.
Thank you FoxSox - welcome to the horror thread :)
This is mostly PL ok, well done! Just one note - you don't have 5 seconds of silence at the end of your file. I count two seconds (with a couple of audible mouse clicks as well).
Please could you reupload a version with the 5 seconds of silence included?
Thank you - and let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks again for everyone's patience while I work through these.
Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11462
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » May 12th, 2021, 11:31 am

alixsquish wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 11:25 am
One thing for Rapunzelina - not sure if it matters for cataloguing but there's a typo in the file title - pity with two 't's
Thank you, Alix! I'll sort it out :thumbs:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11462
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » May 12th, 2021, 1:37 pm

gridsock wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 5:52 pm
Hello!

The Stranger
By Ambrose Bierce
Cosmopolitan, February 1909
Read by Vianne Bozza
Time 14:30
Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_thestranger_bierce_vb_128kb_mp3.mp3
Text at:
https://www.steve-calvert.co.uk/public-domain-texts/ambrose-bierce-the-stranger.html

Hope your day is going well! :)
gridsock wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 5:53 pm
Hello again!

A Diagnosis of Death
By Ambrose Bierce
New York Journal, December 1901
Read by Vianne Bozza
Time 07:14
Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_adiagnosisofdeath_bierce_vb_128kb_mp3.mp3
Text at:
https://www.steve-calvert.co.uk/public-domain-texts/ambrose-bierce-a-diagnosis-of-death.html
Hey gridsock! Welcome to Librivox and to the Ghost and Horror Collection!

I hadn't realized these were your first ever uploads! Congratulations on your first Librivox recordings, then! :D As they are your first, I did a quick check, with the Checker ( https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker ) and the only technical problem is that the recordings are in stereo, though for the Librivox catalogue, recordings need to be in mono. Will you be able to turn them into mono? Of course, you can wait for the proper proof-listening by Alix, just in case there are any edits needed in the recording, so you can do all in one go.

Thank you so much for contributing in this collection, and I hope you'll enjoy it here at Librivox!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11462
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » May 12th, 2021, 2:05 pm

Grothmann wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 6:30 pm
Good Evening:


Midnight Realism
By William Sanford
From Weird Tales, November 1925 
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 12:19


Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_midnightrealism_sanford_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV06N05192511/page/n37/mode/2up


A short ghost tale.
Thanks
Dale

If my count is correct, this may have to go into the next collection. Fortunately, there will probably be a "Next Collection."
Thank you, Dale! You are now in our Next Collection here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=87288 :thumbs:

I looked up the author, he's already in the catalogue, and you have read the two other stories in the catalogue by him :D
I also googled him to see if I could find a wiki page for him, and what turns up but "William Sanford Nye, popularly known as Bill Nye the Science Guy". I thought it funny because as a science guy, it wouldn't have been improbable to have written for Weird Tales, but as born in 1955 it would have been impossible :lol:

gridsock
Posts: 11
Joined: May 11th, 2021, 12:35 pm

Post by gridsock » May 12th, 2021, 4:00 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 1:37 pm
gridsock wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 5:52 pm
Hello!

The Stranger
By Ambrose Bierce
Cosmopolitan, February 1909
Read by Vianne Bozza
Time 14:30
Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_thestranger_bierce_vb_128kb_mp3.mp3
Text at:
https://www.steve-calvert.co.uk/public-domain-texts/ambrose-bierce-the-stranger.html

Hope your day is going well! :)
gridsock wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 5:53 pm
Hello again!

A Diagnosis of Death
By Ambrose Bierce
New York Journal, December 1901
Read by Vianne Bozza
Time 07:14
Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_adiagnosisofdeath_bierce_vb_128kb_mp3.mp3
Text at:
https://www.steve-calvert.co.uk/public-domain-texts/ambrose-bierce-a-diagnosis-of-death.html
Hey gridsock! Welcome to Librivox and to the Ghost and Horror Collection!

I hadn't realized these were your first ever uploads! Congratulations on your first Librivox recordings, then! :D As they are your first, I did a quick check, with the Checker ( https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker ) and the only technical problem is that the recordings are in stereo, though for the Librivox catalogue, recordings need to be in mono. Will you be able to turn them into mono? Of course, you can wait for the proper proof-listening by Alix, just in case there are any edits needed in the recording, so you can do all in one go.

Thank you so much for contributing in this collection, and I hope you'll enjoy it here at Librivox!
Thanks so much for letting me know! I’ll wait until the pl checks to make any revisions. I’m excited to be a reader at Librivox! Thank you for the warm welcome :)

alixsquish
Posts: 192
Joined: August 11th, 2020, 8:31 am
Location: North East England

Post by alixsquish » May 13th, 2021, 9:49 am

gcarlson wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 11:08 pm
Aloha-
I haven't contributed in a few months, but I wanted to get this one in. I'll check back soon to make sure it's ok.

The Alchemist
By H.P. Lovecraft
1916, November: The Alchemist (The United Amateur, 16, No. 4)
Read by G. Carlson
time 26:11

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_thealchemist_lovecraft_g_carlson_.mp3

thanks!
Thank you! PL ok :)
Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog

alixsquish
Posts: 192
Joined: August 11th, 2020, 8:31 am
Location: North East England

Post by alixsquish » May 14th, 2021, 2:02 am

Thank you for your recordings Andy! A couple of minor PL notes on both - see below!
Ansam wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 7:48 am
Hi Rapunzelina,
Here's a very short one chosen from the list of unrecorded Algernon Blackwood stories:
Imagination by Algernon Blackwood
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=umn.319510023073554;view=1up;seq=15
Length: 11m 14s
Ihope I got my ducks all in order, 'still a bit rusty.
Cheers, Andy

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_imagination_blackwood_as_128kb.mp3
0.20 - you're missing the second inclusion of title and author - this should come after 'recording by...' and the start of the story. Please could you add this?
11.02 - you have your 'end of...' and 'recording by...' the wrong way around - please could you edit so that 'end of...' comes before 'recording by...'
Ansam wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 11:28 am
Hi again Rapunzelina,
here's another short one in a similar vein to the last, but from a different author:
The terror by Guy de Maupassant
https://americanliterature.com/author/guy-de-maupassant/short-story/the-terror
Length 17m 26s
'Hope it's a goody that's not been recorded for LV before

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor052_terror_maupassant_as_128kb.mp3
0.20 - same issue as previous - please add in title and author between 'recording by...' and the start of the story. Please could you add this?
Also, I only count 3 seconds of silence at the end. Please could you check this is 5 seconds when you reupload.

Thanks again, and let us know if you have any questions!
Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog

Post Reply