[GROUP, RELIG]The Other Side of the Hill, F.W. Boreham-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
InglisFamily
Posts: 10
Joined: April 11th, 2021, 5:00 pm

Post by InglisFamily » May 14th, 2021, 3:03 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_02_boreham_128kp.mp3

Here is Part 1, Chapter 2, book section 02, "The Ivied Porch."

Thanks for your patience – I know this took me a long time.

Dan

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8290
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 14th, 2021, 3:14 pm

Thank you, Dan! What is the run time, please?

drandall
Posts: 88
Joined: March 10th, 2018, 12:25 pm
Contact:

Post by drandall » May 15th, 2021, 8:10 pm

Sec. 14 - Part 2, Ch 5: Luxuriating Among Cowslips
Duration - 21:08
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_14_boreham_128kb.mp3

Sec. 15 - Part 2, Ch 6: A Chip of History
Duration - 13:34
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_15_boreham_128kb.mp3

Sec. 18 - Part 2, Ch 9: Punch and Judy
Duration - 13:22
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_18_boreham_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
drandall

Malskinner91
Posts: 4
Joined: May 15th, 2021, 9:07 pm

Post by Malskinner91 » May 17th, 2021, 8:37 pm

may I have section

Part 2, Ch 8: Concerning Samuel Creggan

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8290
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 18th, 2021, 6:42 pm

drandall wrote:
May 15th, 2021, 8:10 pm
Sec. 14 - Part 2, Ch 5: Luxuriating Among Cowslips
Duration - 21:08
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_14_boreham_128kb.mp3

Sec. 15 - Part 2, Ch 6: A Chip of History
Duration - 13:34
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_15_boreham_128kb.mp3

Sec. 18 - Part 2, Ch 9: Punch and Judy
Duration - 13:22
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_18_boreham_128kb.mp3
Thank you! These are in the MW.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8290
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 18th, 2021, 6:43 pm

Malskinner91 wrote:
May 17th, 2021, 8:37 pm
may I have section

Part 2, Ch 8: Concerning Samuel Creggan
Welcome! Yes, you are welcome to that section. I have assigned it to you, and you can get started whenever you are ready. What name would you like to use in the catalogue? It can be your real name, forum name, or some other pseudonym.

This also makes us Fully Claimed, so I'm moving us over to Readers Found!

FreddyB
Posts: 8
Joined: March 19th, 2021, 9:52 pm

Post by FreddyB » May 20th, 2021, 9:12 am

MrsHand wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 8:42 am
FreddyB wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 3:18 pm
Hello again! Here are my recordings for sections 21, 22, and 23. As they are my first submissions, I assume there will be corrections to make. Please don't hesitate to let me know what I can improve upon!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_21_boreham_128kb.mp3
(11:06)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_22_boreham_128kb.mp3
(12:46)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_23_boreham_128kb.mp3
(13:36)

Thank you,

Freddy
Freddy, some very well-read sections!

Section 21 is PL OK.
Section 22 has just a few items to correct:
~At 5:35 a stumble over "Carlyle has written a philosophy of other...of clothes"
~At 9:26 a stumble over "fro...familiarity"
~At 11:46 a stumble over "that did hang dead to...upon the cross:
~at 12:07 a stumble over "that he...that hath"

And section 23 requires just one edit:
~At 8:44 a repeat of "It was to the effect..."
Hello! Sorry it's taken me so long to update; I should have the revised recordings within the next day or so.

Thank you for the notes!

FreddyB
Posts: 8
Joined: March 19th, 2021, 9:52 pm

Post by FreddyB » May 23rd, 2021, 9:45 am

Here are the updated recordings for sections 21, 22, and 23. Changes were made only to sections 22 and 23 at the specified points of error.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_21_boreham_128kb.mp3
(11:06)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_22_boreham_128kb.mp3
(12:43)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_23_boreham_128kb.mp3
(13:32)

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8290
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 23rd, 2021, 2:39 pm

FreddyB wrote:
May 23rd, 2021, 9:45 am
Here are the updated recordings for sections 21, 22, and 23. Changes were made only to sections 22 and 23 at the specified points of error.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_21_boreham_128kb.mp3
(11:06)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_22_boreham_128kb.mp3
(12:43)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_23_boreham_128kb.mp3
(13:32)
Thank you! I've marked 22 and 23 ready for Spot PL.

There was no need to repost the link for 21. Once a section has been marked PL ok, you can just let it lie. :mrgreen:

MrsHand
Posts: 4213
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » May 25th, 2021, 7:41 am

InglisFamily wrote:
May 14th, 2021, 3:03 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_02_boreham_128kp.mp3

Here is Part 1, Chapter 2, book section 02, "The Ivied Porch."

Thanks for your patience – I know this took me a long time.

Dan
Section 2 is PL OK!

MrsHand
Posts: 4213
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » May 25th, 2021, 7:52 am

silverquill wrote:
May 5th, 2021, 8:44 am
MrsHand wrote:
May 5th, 2021, 8:10 am

Section 4 PL Note:

At 7:21 a repeat "As he hears the flapping of the great stripes..."
Here is the corrected file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_04_boreham_128kb.mp3 12:19

Thanks for the good PL. :)
Section 4 is PL OK!

Owlivia
Posts: 532
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » May 25th, 2021, 7:57 am

Owlivia wrote:
April 24th, 2021, 11:36 am
Mud!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_16_boreham_128kb.mp3
11:57.01

I'm afraid with allergy season I'm sounding a bit Bette Davis in sections. :|
Just checking to see that this is on the PL’s list. No pressure, but don’t want to be forgotten!
🙂
🦉

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8290
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » May 25th, 2021, 6:14 pm

Owlivia wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 7:57 am
Owlivia wrote:
April 24th, 2021, 11:36 am
Mud!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_16_boreham_128kb.mp3
11:57.01

I'm afraid with allergy season I'm sounding a bit Bette Davis in sections. :|
Just checking to see that this is on the PL’s list. No pressure, but don’t want to be forgotten!
🙂
It is in the MW, which means it's on the list. :thumbs:

MrsHand
Posts: 4213
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » May 26th, 2021, 11:17 am

drandall wrote:
May 15th, 2021, 8:10 pm
Sec. 14 - Part 2, Ch 5: Luxuriating Among Cowslips
Duration - 21:08
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_14_boreham_128kb.mp3

Sec. 15 - Part 2, Ch 6: A Chip of History
Duration - 13:34
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_15_boreham_128kb.mp3

14 & 15 are PL OK!

MrsHand
Posts: 4213
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » May 26th, 2021, 11:31 am

Owlivia wrote:
April 24th, 2021, 11:36 am
Mud!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/othersideofthehill_16_boreham_128kb.mp3
11:57.01

I'm afraid with allergy season I'm sounding a bit Bette Davis in sections. :|

Section 16 is PL OK!

Post Reply