This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/librivox-15th-anniversary-collection-by-various/
This year is the 15th anniversary of our beloved LibriVox. The readings in this collection celebrate that "bunch of volunteers" who make up the worldwide LibriVox community. The readings are held together by their connection to the number "15." The collection is multilingual. Readings can be in any language. The selections, which are chosen by the readers, include fiction, nonfiction, poems, short stories, and articles. (KevinS)LibriVox is a hope, an experiment, and a question: can the net harness a bunch of volunteers to bring books in the public domain to life..."
Hugh McGuire, LibriVox's founder, August 9, 2005
LibriVox 15th Anniversary Collection deadline for submissions is August 5 at midnight your time!
1) The reading must have the number "15" or "fifteen" or "fifteenth" in the title or subtitle, or relate to the idea of 15 in some way. All languages are welcome!
2) The selection must be in the public domain. For clarification of what it means for a work to be "in the public domain," please see this section of the LibriVox Wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain. Please stick to works that run less than 60 minutes.
3) Please limit yourself to no more than one contribution per reader. If you would like to contribute a second, please ask first.
4) We will have as many sections as needed. The collection will close at midnight on August 5, 2020 (Your Time.) I know this is a short time frame, but we want to allow time for edits and cataloging. We will enter selections into the MW as soon as the upload is made. To avoid repeated recordings, please announce your selections in the thread.
Basic Recording Guide: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Be sure to set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: Constant 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
At the BEGINNING Say: "[Title of Work], by [Author Name]" "This is a Librivox recording, read in honor of the 15th anniversary of LibriVox. All Librivox Recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit Librivox.org"
At the END, say: "End of [Title], by [Author Name]"
If you wish, you may also say: "Read by ... your name.
Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording. Add 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording.
2. EDIT and SAVE your file:
Need noise-cleaning? See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save or export your recording to an mp3 file at 128kpbs using the following format for the filename:
(all lower case. Please omit a, the, etc from title):
Please keep the file name short. It isn't necessary to put the whole title in the file name - just a word or two. Please omit "a," "the," etc. from the title. Do not put spaces between words. Keep everything lower case. Even your initials should be lower case. The only underscores should be the separations between the fourteen, title, author's name, and your initials. There are only 4 underscores in a title!
3.UPLOAD your recording:
Please upload your finished recording using the LibriVox uploader: http://librivox.org/login/uploader. When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please copy and post to this thread. If you don't post the fact that you've uploaded your recording, the book coordinator won't know that you did it!
If you have trouble reading the image above, please send a private message to any admin.
To upload, you'll need to select the MC, which for the 15th Anniversary Collection is TriciaG.
If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
4. POST the following information in this thread:
- The link you copied from the uploader to your file.
- Source from which you read (i.e. Gutenberg or other etext url. NOTE: If posting a Gutenberg link please provide the link to the download page, e.g. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/# where # is the PG project number for the book.)
- Length in minutes and seconds.
- If this is your first Librivox recording, We will also need your name as you would like it to appear on the catalog page and the URL of your homepage if you have one and would like it linked to your name on the catalog page.
5. DEADLINE FOR EDITS on recordings you have submitted:
The level of proof listening on this project is "standard." Your recording does not need to be word perfect; we will just proof for "repeated words or passages that the reader likely intended to edit out" and such. For a discussion of the levels of proof listening, please see this Wiki page: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners#Levels_of_Proof-listening.
We do ask that you complete any editing requested by the Dedicated Proof Listener as soon as possible (ASAP) after the PL's request, or, if you need more time than this, that you post in this thread to request an extension. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen. Extensions are, however, at the discretion of the Book Coordinator.
If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
BC Admin .
Please post below