[CHILD/FOLKTALES] A Selection from the Norse Tales for the Use of Children by Sir George-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 17288
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 19th, 2021, 8:11 pm

Jud3 wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 2:34 pm
Hi,
I can take #20, "Not a Pin..."
JD
Thank you!
That would be a great help.

Just let me know how you would like to be listed in the LV catalog -- real name, pseudonym or any nick name you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work.
~ Larry

Smilingjade
Posts: 75
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » April 20th, 2021, 2:44 pm

Hello,
I would like to read the following sections :
20 - Not a Pin to choose between
33 - Dapplegrim

Thanks for the opportunity,
SmilingJade

Jud3
Posts: 10
Joined: February 25th, 2020, 9:28 pm

Post by Jud3 » April 20th, 2021, 4:40 pm

Hi,
Here is #20. Please use J Denning in all my recordings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_20_dasent_128kb.mp3

JD

silverquill
Posts: 17288
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 20th, 2021, 9:44 pm

Smilingjade wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 2:44 pm
Hello,
I would like to read the following sections :
20 - Not a Pin to choose between
33 - Dapplegrim

Thanks for the opportunity,
SmilingJade
Section 20 has already been claimed and recorded, but I'm happy to assign you Section 33.
We would like fast turn around so we can complete this book by the end of the month.

Thanks so much.
We are now again full. :)
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 17288
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 20th, 2021, 9:58 pm

Jud3 wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 4:40 pm
Hi,
Here is #20. Please use J Denning in all my recordings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_20_dasent_128kb.mp3

JD
Great! I appreciate the fast turn around on this. :thumbs:

Just a reminder that we like to have the file length poste along with the link as mm:ss.
I've done this for you since I wanted to take a quick listen.

Very nice reading on the samples I listened to. There are some plosives that you might want to work on in further recordings. All the tech specs are fine. The only thing that needs changed is the silence at the end that needs to be close to 5 seconds, and this recording has only about two.

Lomond will be along to give you a full proof listening report, so wait for that before uploading a corrected file to see if he spots anything else.

Thanks again for your contribution to this project.
Oh, just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your personal catalog page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many!

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry

Smilingjade
Posts: 75
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » April 22nd, 2021, 12:56 pm

Hello,
I have completed recording Section 33 - Dapplegrim
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_33_dasent_128kb.mp3

Duration is 30:17

Please provide any feedback,
Thank you,
SmilingJade

Smilingjade
Posts: 75
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » April 22nd, 2021, 12:56 pm

Hello,
I have completed recording Section 33 - Dapplegrim
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_33_dasent_128kb.mp3

Duration is 30:17

Please provide any feedback,
Thank you,
SmilingJade

silverquill
Posts: 17288
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 22nd, 2021, 8:45 pm

Smilingjade wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 12:56 pm
Hello,
I have completed recording Section 33 - Dapplegrim
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_33_dasent_128kb.mp3

Duration is 30:17

Please provide any feedback,
Thank you,
SmilingJade
Thanks for the fast turnaround!
Stay tuned for your proof listening report.
~ Larry

bluoraj
Posts: 7
Joined: April 12th, 2021, 2:05 pm

Post by bluoraj » April 23rd, 2021, 10:38 am


silverquill
Posts: 17288
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 23rd, 2021, 7:58 pm

bluoraj wrote:
April 23rd, 2021, 10:38 am
I uploaded chapter 26 to MIGHTYFELIX.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_26_dasent_128kb.mp3
Wonderful!
All specs look good, Julie, so stand by for your listening report.
~ Larry

lomond
Posts: 2107
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » April 23rd, 2021, 11:51 pm

Greetings -

Just one technical problem to fix with Chapter 33 and it will be ready to wear the mantle of PL OK.

The audio level needs to be boosted. It shows at 82.9 dB with our lower limit at 86 dB.

If we are keeping track of how gruesome some of these stories are, this one comes in with only 35 foals being killed. :shock: :shock: Don't share it with the neighborhood children if they love horses.

Lomond

lomond
Posts: 2107
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » April 24th, 2021, 1:24 am

Jud3 wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 4:40 pm
Hi,
Here is #20. Please use J Denning in all my recordings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_20_dasent_128kb.mp3

JD
Greetings -

Welcome to LibriVox, Jud3!

You have a good voice for reading stories like these. Pace and pronunciation were spot on.

I have some opportunities for honing your editing skills:

TIME: 05:00 TEXT: “Oh,” she answered, “I’m only carrying in a little sun;" Reading has the word "asked" instead of "answered".

TIME: 07:45 TEXT: "mind that the second only was" At the word "second", the audio chops or jumps a bit and sounds like a word is missing.

TIME: 07:56 TEXT: "Only middling,” was the answer;" Reading has the word "middling" repeated.

TIME: 09:21 TEXT: "Oh, do you mean him?” said the Goody; “why," Reading has a stutter at "the Goody".

TIME: 12:21 TEXT: "so now he can sell the cart and buy himself a coach" Reading has "have" instead of "sell" in a repeat.

TIME: 12:43 TEXT: "had got the seed-corn from." Reading has "seed-coin" instead of "seed-corn".

No problem, Jud3. Just part of the learning curve.

Lomond

lomond
Posts: 2107
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » April 24th, 2021, 3:00 am

bluoraj wrote:
April 23rd, 2021, 10:38 am
I uploaded chapter 26 to MIGHTYFELIX.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_26_dasent_128kb.mp3
Greetings -

Welcome to LibriVox, bluoraj. As I often say to newbies, be forewarned that this can become a pleasant addiction which will make demands on your time. :)

LV does have a bit of a learning curve, but help is always just a post away.

You have a good strong voice which records easily. I would offer you three suggestions based on this recording:

Move a bit further away from the microphone and speak across it instead of directly into it. This will smooth out your recording and make it easier to listen to.

Slow down a bit and watch the distance between sentences and paragraphs.

Do one final listen to your recording looking for repeats and stutters.

Here are a few things I found that will help you refine your editing skills:

TIME: 05:00 TEXT: "I daresay,” said Peter the Pedlar;" Reading has a stutter at "Peter".

TIME: 15:58 TEXT: "and took out the old rotten stump which" Reading has a stutter/repeat around "old rotten stump".

TIME: 17:18 TEXT: “but I’ve had such a strange dream.” Reading has a stutter/repeat around "a strange dream".

TIME: 18:01 TEXT: "wroth that sparks of fire flew out of his eyes." Reading has a stutter/repeat around "fire flew out".

TIME: 18:32 TEXT: "to go across, he has only to take and throw him" Repeat at "across, he".

TIME: 18:44 TEXT: "else I’ll lead you a pretty dance.” Reading has "lend" instead of "lead".

Hang in there. Everyone goes through this learning curve.

Lomond

Jud3
Posts: 10
Joined: February 25th, 2020, 9:28 pm

Post by Jud3 » April 26th, 2021, 2:12 pm

lomond wrote:
April 24th, 2021, 1:24 am
Jud3 wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 4:40 pm
Hi,
Here is #20. Please use J Denning in all my recordings.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_20_dasent_128kb.mp3

JD
Greetings -

Welcome to LibriVox, Jud3!

You have a good voice for reading stories like these. Pace and pronunciation were spot on.

I have some opportunities for honing your editing skills:

TIME: 05:00 TEXT: “Oh,” she answered, “I’m only carrying in a little sun;" Reading has the word "asked" instead of "answered".

TIME: 07:45 TEXT: "mind that the second only was" At the word "second", the audio chops or jumps a bit and sounds like a word is missing.

TIME: 07:56 TEXT: "Only middling,” was the answer;" Reading has the word "middling" repeated.

TIME: 09:21 TEXT: "Oh, do you mean him?” said the Goody; “why," Reading has a stutter at "the Goody".

TIME: 12:21 TEXT: "so now he can sell the cart and buy himself a coach" Reading has "have" instead of "sell" in a repeat.

TIME: 12:43 TEXT: "had got the seed-corn from." Reading has "seed-coin" instead of "seed-corn".

No problem, Jud3. Just part of the learning curve.

Lomond

Lomond,
Thanks so much for the comments. I'm still learning how to add/edit and can't seem to insert new audio after deleting the old. Can you help?
Thanks,
J

silverquill
Posts: 17288
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 26th, 2021, 8:28 pm

Jud3 wrote:
April 26th, 2021, 2:12 pm

Lomond,
Thanks so much for the comments. I'm still learning how to add/edit and can't seem to insert new audio after deleting the old. Can you help?
Thanks,
J
This is Larry, your friendly book coordinator stepping in.
Did you get the private message that I sent with tips on editing?

As I said, start at the end and work forward. If you need to record something new, do a phrase or sentence.
You will need to open the original file in Audacity, and the the file with the corrections in another instance of Audacity. (I use right click, open with, and select Audacity to get the second on open. Then highlight the corrections and select copy. the click over to the Audacity with the original file then highlight the portion you need to replace, and select Pastr from the Edit menu. You can adjust spacing and volume if needed.

Hopes this addresses your issue and helps.
If not, ask some more; we're here to help! :)

Thanks for working on this!
~ Larry

Post Reply