COMPLETE [Fortnightly Poetry] Longing for Spring-time by George Moore - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » February 28th, 2021, 9:26 am

Thanks for your reading Isabella, the volume is very low at 63.2 dB, amplifying will increase any background noise level present. I think you are using a chrome book, I am not familiar with the program you would be using, but I hope this helps a bit...
You should aim for your waveforms to peak near the 0.5 mark, like this:

You can check your volume using our Checker program - see info at http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker You will find the volume in decibels on the Information tab. For your information, we look for around 89 dB (87-91 is OK) (all the other tech specs are there also) Then again, Checker may not work with the Chrome system :? )

* I cut down the silences to the required length, amplified and applied noise reduction to your file, please tell me what you think.. https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/springtime_moore_icg_128kb.mp3
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

Generoushorse

Post by Generoushorse » February 28th, 2021, 3:21 pm

Here is my contribution: https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/springtime_moore_crm_128kb.mp3 02:30

Any PL would be appreciated! Thanks a million!
Roxy

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » February 28th, 2021, 8:53 pm

Welcome to LibriVox Generoushorse, a couple of PL notes...
- there is a 'buzzing' behind the vocal parts on your file, they are not present in your test recording, have you changed your recording setup?
- there is a repeat at 2:01 "All...All bright with flowers..."

*Please let me know under what name would you like to appear in the LV catalog and if you have one, we can put your personal URL link on your catalog page too.
You can view your brand new LV Catalog page by clicking your forum name in the Magic Window.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

Monicha1

Post by Monicha1 » March 1st, 2021, 3:36 am

Here is my contribution. I know it's not great. I am just testing out the new audacity stuff.
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/springtime_moore_md_128kb.mp3

Veggrower

Post by Veggrower » March 1st, 2021, 4:06 am

Hi David - here's my rendering:

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/springtime_moore_gln_128kb.mp3

...with a length of 2:27. Thanks a lot,

Garth

Generoushorse

Post by Generoushorse » March 1st, 2021, 6:41 am

aradlaw wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:53 pm
Welcome to LibriVox Generoushorse, a couple of PL notes...
- there is a 'buzzing' behind the vocal parts on your file, they are not present in your test recording, have you changed your recording setup?
- there is a repeat at 2:01 "All...All bright with flowers..."

*Please let me know under what name would you like to appear in the LV catalog and if you have one, we can put your personal URL link on your catalog page too.
You can view your brand new LV Catalog page by clicking your forum name in the Magic Window.
I currently have no website. I've used C. Roxanne Maxwell as my pseudonym for years, I see no reason to change it.

I'm recoding in the same place I did before... not sure what's different. I'll listen again for the buzz. Do you need me to delete the double "all?"
Roxy

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » March 1st, 2021, 7:53 am

Monicha1 wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 3:36 am
Here is my contribution. I know it's not great. I am just testing out the new audacity stuff.
Thank you Monica, welcome to Librivox :D your file has a couple of technical issues...
- the bitrate should be 128 kbps (constant), yours is ~98 kbps (variable) this is set when you export/save the file as an .mp3

there are a couple of stumbles at 1:30 and 1:38 you may wish to correct...
And the glad thrush sing softly from the tree,
Filling the clear air with his loveful lays;
* Please give the file length when posting the link :wink:

**Please let me know under what name would you like to appear in the LV catalog and if you have one, we can put your personal URL link on your catalog page too.
David Lawrence

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » March 1st, 2021, 7:56 am

Thank you Garth. :thumbs:
David Lawrence

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » March 1st, 2021, 7:58 am

Generoushorse wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 6:41 am
I currently have no website. I've used C. Roxanne Maxwell as my pseudonym for years, I see no reason to change it.

I'm recoding in the same place I did before... not sure what's different. I'll listen again for the buzz. Do you need me to delete the double "all?"
We aim for word perfect in the poetries if we can, so if you can edit, it would be great. :D

Your Catalog page has been updated.
David Lawrence

brucek

Post by brucek » March 1st, 2021, 8:33 am

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » March 1st, 2021, 12:25 pm

Thank you Bruce. :thumbs:
David Lawrence

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » March 1st, 2021, 7:11 pm

David Lawrence

Rohan31

Post by Rohan31 » March 1st, 2021, 8:48 pm

Hi, here is my recording of the Poem,

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/springtime_moore_rf_128kb.mp3
time: 02:17
Thanks,
Rohan

Monicha1

Post by Monicha1 » March 1st, 2021, 9:50 pm

aradlaw wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 7:53 am
Monicha1 wrote:
March 1st, 2021, 3:36 am
Thank you Monica, welcome to Librivox :D your file has a couple of technical issues...
- the bitrate should be 128 kbps (constant), yours is ~98 kbps (variable) this is set when you export/save the file as an .mp3

there are a couple of stumbles at 1:30 and 1:38 you may wish to correct...
And the glad thrush sing softly from the tree,
Filling the clear air with his loveful lays;
* Please give the file length when posting the link :wink:

**Please let me know under what name would you like to appear in the LV catalog and if you have one, we can put your personal URL link on your catalog page too.
thank you for the feedback

OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty » March 2nd, 2021, 3:32 pm

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft