[NONFIC]: Oracles of Nostradamus by Charles A. Ward - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Ellaqyint
Posts: 51
Joined: April 25th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Post by Ellaqyint » November 13th, 2019, 3:43 pm

I'll take sections 3 and 4!
Stay home. Stay Safe. Stay Sane. :thumbs:

gibhere2
Posts: 386
Joined: July 8th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Post by gibhere2 » November 14th, 2019, 7:31 am

3 and 4 are yours! Thank you.
Kind Regards!
CJ

************
My Librivox Contributions

Ellaqyint
Posts: 51
Joined: April 25th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Post by Ellaqyint » December 1st, 2019, 4:44 pm

Stay home. Stay Safe. Stay Sane. :thumbs:

gibhere2
Posts: 386
Joined: July 8th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Post by gibhere2 » December 6th, 2019, 10:20 am

Thank you!
Kind Regards!
CJ

************
My Librivox Contributions

gibhere2
Posts: 386
Joined: July 8th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Post by gibhere2 » December 6th, 2019, 10:42 am

TriciaG,

The magic window is missing. :hmm: :hmm: I sent you a PM as well. Hopefully, it is an easy fix.
Kind Regards!
CJ

************
My Librivox Contributions

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 45813
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 6th, 2019, 11:02 am

Must be a problem with your web browser. The MW shows up just fine for me.

If you can't see the link to access it, here is the link: https://librivox.org/section_compiler/14006
Samuel Smiles Self-Help: Character
Hatfields & McCoys Sensationalist Account: An American Vendetta

gibhere2
Posts: 386
Joined: July 8th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Post by gibhere2 » December 6th, 2019, 11:32 am

TriciaG wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 11:02 am
Must be a problem with your web browser. The MW shows up just fine for me.

If you can't see the link to access it, here is the link: https://librivox.org/section_compiler/14006
Apparently there was an issue with a Chrome update that interfered with showing sites with "mixed content". Fixed in the settings. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Never thought it could be my browser settings! Thanks!
Kind Regards!
CJ

************
My Librivox Contributions

gibhere2
Posts: 386
Joined: July 8th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Post by gibhere2 » December 6th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Ellaqyint wrote:
December 1st, 2019, 4:44 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/oraclesofnostradamus_03_ward_128kb.mp3

33min 47sec for section 3 :)
Beautifully read! Thank you!

I have just a couple of things for you to consider:

@ 10:00 throat clearing and pause
@ 15:32 there is a repeated line, "it remained to the....."
Kind Regards!
CJ

************
My Librivox Contributions

Ellaqyint
Posts: 51
Joined: April 25th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Post by Ellaqyint » December 8th, 2019, 11:57 am

Stay home. Stay Safe. Stay Sane. :thumbs:

ghaelen
Posts: 14
Joined: December 8th, 2019, 10:58 am

Post by ghaelen » December 9th, 2019, 11:47 am

Hi all,

I'd like to help with this book. I'm new to Librivox reading, but not to recording audio. As a medieval historian I'm not afraid of Latin and not really afraid of French though I might have to look up some pronunciation. I thought I'd look through the chapters, but if there's one in particular that needs a reader with Latin skills I could look at that chapter first.

gibhere2
Posts: 386
Joined: July 8th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Post by gibhere2 » December 9th, 2019, 12:05 pm

ghaelen wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 11:47 am
Hi all,

I'd like to help with this book. I'm new to Librivox reading, but not to recording audio. As a medieval historian I'm not afraid of Latin and not really afraid of French though I might have to look up some pronunciation. I thought I'd look through the chapters, but if there's one in particular that needs a reader with Latin skills I could look at that chapter first.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Not sure which I would point you to first but you can have as much as you want to bite off! Welcome aboard! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kind Regards!
CJ

************
My Librivox Contributions

ghaelen
Posts: 14
Joined: December 8th, 2019, 10:58 am

Post by ghaelen » December 9th, 2019, 12:57 pm

gibhere2 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 12:05 pm
ghaelen wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 11:47 am
Hi all,

I'd like to help with this book. I'm new to Librivox reading, but not to recording audio. As a medieval historian I'm not afraid of Latin and not really afraid of French though I might have to look up some pronunciation. I thought I'd look through the chapters, but if there's one in particular that needs a reader with Latin skills I could look at that chapter first.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Not sure which I would point you to first but you can have as much as you want to bite off! Welcome aboard! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks!

I'd like to start with Section 2 - Preface, if it isn't assigned yet.

Quick question since I'm new and not sure where to find this info - when there are footnotes, quotes, blockquotes, parentheses, definitions, etc. is there a quick link to those conventions - how to (pause to) include them?

gibhere2
Posts: 386
Joined: July 8th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Post by gibhere2 » December 9th, 2019, 6:49 pm

ghaelen wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Thanks!

I'd like to start with Section 2 - Preface, if it isn't assigned yet.

Quick question since I'm new and not sure where to find this info - when there are footnotes, quotes, blockquotes, parentheses, definitions, etc. is there a quick link to those conventions - how to (pause to) include them?
I think most of our readers have just been ignoring the footnotes on focusing on the main text. I think there are a few schools of thought about how to do that, unfortunately, I don't know that I have seen any good suggestions that don't interrupt the text. Certainly open to recommendations or if you have a style and want to include footnotes, go for it.

Parentheses and blockquotes you can do as you prefer if you have your own style but a begin quote, end quote style would be fine.

I notice that you are have finished and passed your test reading. However, you are not yet added as a reader. Before I do that, I wanted to check and see if you had a preferred display name for recorded sections? Section 2 is yours. I will update that magic window as soon as I get clearance on a preferred name. Thanks! And welcome to LibriVox!
Kind Regards!
CJ

************
My Librivox Contributions

ghaelen
Posts: 14
Joined: December 8th, 2019, 10:58 am

Post by ghaelen » December 10th, 2019, 11:00 am

gibhere2 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 6:49 pm
ghaelen wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Thanks!

I'd like to start with Section 2 - Preface, if it isn't assigned yet.

Quick question since I'm new and not sure where to find this info - when there are footnotes, quotes, blockquotes, parentheses, definitions, etc. is there a quick link to those conventions - how to (pause to) include them?
I think most of our readers have just been ignoring the footnotes on focusing on the main text. I think there are a few schools of thought about how to do that, unfortunately, I don't know that I have seen any good suggestions that don't interrupt the text. Certainly open to recommendations or if you have a style and want to include footnotes, go for it.

Parentheses and blockquotes you can do as you prefer if you have your own style but a begin quote, end quote style would be fine.

I notice that you are have finished and passed your test reading. However, you are not yet added as a reader. Before I do that, I wanted to check and see if you had a preferred display name for recorded sections? Section 2 is yours. I will update that magic window as soon as I get clearance on a preferred name. Thanks! And welcome to LibriVox!
I'll use DM Kiser for my display name, if that's ok. Thanks about the footnotes. I think I'll just follow your lead for now, as there really doesn't seem to be a satisfactory way to include them in an audio reading.

gibhere2
Posts: 386
Joined: July 8th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Post by gibhere2 » December 11th, 2019, 9:18 am

Ellaqyint wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 11:57 am
okay, here's the fixed version. :lol:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/oraclesofnostradamus_03_ward_128kb.mp3
Section 2 is PL OK! Thank you. :clap:
Kind Regards!
CJ

************
My Librivox Contributions

Post Reply