[WOMEN BIOGRAPHIES] The Empresses of Rome, by Joseph McCabe-leni

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 23rd, 2020, 7:27 am

felicia0wang wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 8:09 pm
Can I claim section 12?

Thanks,

Felicia Wang
Section assigned, thanks!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only six sections to go! :D

RhiannonD
Posts: 17
Joined: January 11th, 2018, 10:39 am

Post by RhiannonD » March 23rd, 2020, 11:50 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesrome_04_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Completed Section 4. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the audio that I maybe didn't catch. Thanks!

BillTurns
Posts: 78
Joined: February 28th, 2020, 7:45 am
Location: The Great Plains

Post by BillTurns » March 23rd, 2020, 1:40 pm

RhiannonD wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:50 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesrome_04_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Completed Section 4. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the audio that I maybe didn't catch. Thanks!
Good afternoon RhiannonD,

Section 4: PL complete, here are the things that need fixing:
1. Volume is high, needs to be brought down about 5.7dB.
2. The closing of the file does not need to contain "The Empresses of Rome, by Joseph McCabe" as this is not the final track of the book. Just needs simply, 'end of chapter 3' or 'end of section 3' however the book is ordered.

Your reading was clear and easy to follow. Caligula was one of many interesting insane emperors of Rome, how unfortunate were the women he pulled into his life...

~Bill
Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
~Benjamin Franklin

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 23rd, 2020, 2:17 pm

RhiannonD wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:50 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesrome_04_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Completed Section 4. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the audio that I maybe didn't catch. Thanks!
Also, please let us know the length of the recording. Thanks! :)
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only six sections to go! :D

RhiannonD
Posts: 17
Joined: January 11th, 2018, 10:39 am

Post by RhiannonD » March 23rd, 2020, 6:19 pm

Leni wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 2:17 pm
RhiannonD wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:50 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesrome_04_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Completed Section 4. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the audio that I maybe didn't catch. Thanks!
Also, please let us know the length of the recording. Thanks! :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesrome_04_mccabe_128kb.mp3

I lowered the audio, but it is difficult to get an exact db so I can adjust again until it is just right. Also took off the last part with the title and author.

The length of the recording is 31.27 minutes. Thank you!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 23rd, 2020, 8:45 pm

RhiannonD wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 6:19 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesrome_04_mccabe_128kb.mp3

I lowered the audio, but it is difficult to get an exact db so I can adjust again until it is just right. Also took off the last part with the title and author.

The length of the recording is 31.27 minutes. Thank you!
Thanks much!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only six sections to go! :D

CookieR123
Posts: 10
Joined: March 25th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Post by CookieR123 » March 26th, 2020, 8:39 am

Can I read Section 5?

Best wishes,
Aubrey

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 27th, 2020, 8:18 pm

CookieR123 wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 8:39 am
Can I read Section 5?

Best wishes,
Aubrey
Hello, Aubrey

Sorry, another reader claimed it a few days ago, but she hasn't given her name which is why she cannot be added to the window yet. Can I perhaps interest you in another section?
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only six sections to go! :D

CookieR123
Posts: 10
Joined: March 25th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Post by CookieR123 » March 28th, 2020, 7:11 pm

Leni wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 8:18 pm
CookieR123 wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 8:39 am
Can I read Section 5?

Best wishes,
Aubrey
Hello, Aubrey

Sorry, another reader claimed it a few days ago, but she hasn't given her name which is why she cannot be added to the window yet. Can I perhaps interest you in another section?
I’ll take section 20 if it is still available, thanks!

felicia0wang
Posts: 19
Joined: January 25th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Post by felicia0wang » March 28th, 2020, 7:58 pm

When narrating, do we read out loud words in parentheses?

Example: "Roman world from Eboracum (York)."

Also, when there are pictures, do we ignore the title/description of the picture?

Example:
*normal text*

*Image*
"Sabina, Bust in the british museum"

*continuation of text*

Thanks

Felicia Wang

BillTurns
Posts: 78
Joined: February 28th, 2020, 7:45 am
Location: The Great Plains

Post by BillTurns » March 29th, 2020, 1:53 am

RhiannonD wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 6:19 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesrome_04_mccabe_128kb.mp3

I lowered the audio, but it is difficult to get an exact db so I can adjust again until it is just right. Also took off the last part with the title and author.

The length of the recording is 31.27 minutes. Thank you!
The spot PL is good. I've updated the MW.

If you are using Audacity, lowering or raising volume is simple:
Run your draft audio through the Checker program after making your edits. Finding the Volume in the Information tab, and do this little math problem...

(Checker Volume - 89)(-1) = Amplify Change

Back in Audacity, use the Effect Amplify on the whole track and set the adjustment to equal the Amplify Change from above.
Exporting again, and using the Checker again, and now the output is right at or near 89 dB.

~Bill
Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
~Benjamin Franklin

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 29th, 2020, 9:36 am

CookieR123 wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 7:11 pm
I’ll take section 20 if it is still available, thanks!
Sure, thank you for contributing to the project!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only six sections to go! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 29th, 2020, 9:39 am

felicia0wang wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 7:58 pm
When narrating, do we read out loud words in parentheses?

Example: "Roman world from Eboracum (York)."

Also, when there are pictures, do we ignore the title/description of the picture?

Example:
*normal text*

*Image*
"Sabina, Bust in the british museum"

*continuation of text*

Thanks

Felicia Wang
Thanks for asking, Felicia. Yes, please, do read what is in parentheses, but no, don't read the picture descriptions. :)
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only six sections to go! :D

felicia0wang
Posts: 19
Joined: January 25th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Post by felicia0wang » March 29th, 2020, 12:01 pm

Leni wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 9:39 am
felicia0wang wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 7:58 pm
When narrating, do we read out loud words in parentheses?

Example: "Roman world from Eboracum (York)."

Also, when there are pictures, do we ignore the title/description of the picture?

Example:
*normal text*

*Image*
"Sabina, Bust in the british museum"

*continuation of text*

Thanks

Felicia Wang
Thanks for asking, Felicia. Yes, please, do read what is in parentheses, but no, don't read the picture descriptions. :)
Alright, thanks! When I read what's in the parentheses, do I just say Eboracum and then York after a short pause, or should I add in some transition words such as "Eboracum, now known as York.."?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12136
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 29th, 2020, 12:42 pm

felicia0wang wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 12:01 pm

Alright, thanks! When I read what's in the parentheses, do I just say Eboracum and then York after a short pause, or should I add in some transition words such as "Eboracum, now known as York.."?
I usually just make a pause, I think it makes it clear. :)
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only six sections to go! :D

Post Reply