[HISTORY]Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1-Leni

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
Kazbek
Posts: 1567
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » August 25th, 2020, 4:07 pm

pattymarie wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 2:56 pm
Section 67 is PL OK. Thank you, Kazbek.
Thanks, Pattymarie. Do I need to make changes in 68? I'm not sure about the verdict.

Michael

KevinS
Posts: 8942
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 25th, 2020, 5:52 pm

Jmbau13 wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 4:03 pm
KevinS wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm



This project is going right along at a nice speed. It's like a pleasant cruise. Don't put yourself out for it. (Is that the expression?) I mean, don't worry too much.
Very nearly. We would probably say Don’t put yourself out too much or Don’t put yourself out over it rather than ‘for’ it. And yes, I know, English prepositional phrases...
Indeed, only in England, I presume, do people really ride on the bus.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

Jmbau13
Posts: 816
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » August 25th, 2020, 5:53 pm

KevinS wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 5:52 pm
Jmbau13 wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 4:03 pm
KevinS wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm



This project is going right along at a nice speed. It's like a pleasant cruise. Don't put yourself out for it. (Is that the expression?) I mean, don't worry too much.
Very nearly. We would probably say Don’t put yourself out too much or Don’t put yourself out over it rather than ‘for’ it. And yes, I know, English prepositional phrases...
Indeed, only in England, I presume, do people really ride on the bus.
Oh no. We ride on buses and trains here in Australia also. Must be our English heritage :lol:
regards
Jane Bennett

KevinS
Posts: 8942
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 25th, 2020, 5:55 pm

Jmbau13 wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 5:53 pm
KevinS wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 5:52 pm
Jmbau13 wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 4:03 pm

Very nearly. We would probably say Don’t put yourself out too much or Don’t put yourself out over it rather than ‘for’ it. And yes, I know, English prepositional phrases...
Indeed, only in England, I presume, do people really ride on the bus.
Oh no. We ride on buses and trains here in Australia also. Must be our English heritage :lol:
That is, actually ride on top of them!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

Jmbau13
Posts: 816
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » August 25th, 2020, 5:56 pm

On top? :P :P Well, of course. Where else?
regards
Jane Bennett

pattymarie
Posts: 2073
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » August 26th, 2020, 12:06 pm

Section 59 is PL OK. Thank you, Daniel. Btw, I'm delighted to meet, for the first time since my college years, someone else who must have been taught, as I was taught by Sister Mary Nicholas O.P., my professor of world literature, to pronounce the name of the famous bishop of Hippo the way you pronounce it. She said it was to distinguish him from the first archbishop of Canterbury pronounced the way most people pronounce the name they share. :)
Pattymarie

pattymarie
Posts: 2073
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » August 26th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Kazbek wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 4:07 pm
pattymarie wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 2:56 pm
Section 67 is PL OK. Thank you, Kazbek.
Thanks, Pattymarie. Do I need to make changes in 68? I'm not sure about the verdict.

Michael
No, you don't need to make any changes. Thank you so much for your contributions. I'd love to hear more from you if you have time to record more.
Pattymarie

JachinandBoaz
Posts: 227
Joined: May 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm

Post by JachinandBoaz » August 26th, 2020, 1:01 pm

pattymarie wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 12:06 pm
Section 59 is PL OK. Thank you, Daniel. Btw, I'm delighted to meet, for the first time since my college years, someone else who must have been taught, as I was taught by Sister Mary Nicholas O.P., my professor of world literature, to pronounce the name of the famous bishop of Hippo the way you pronounce it. She said it was to distinguish him from the first archbishop of Canterbury pronounced the way most people pronounce the name they share. :)
Thank you so much!!!! :9:

Kazbek
Posts: 1567
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » August 26th, 2020, 8:00 pm

pattymarie wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 12:09 pm
Kazbek wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 4:07 pm

Thanks, Pattymarie. Do I need to make changes in 68? I'm not sure about the verdict.

Michael
No, you don't need to make any changes.

Ok, great. I asked because it's still marked "See PL notes".
Thank you so much for your contributions. I'd love to hear more from you if you have time to record more.
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm hoping to come back for more after I'm done with this chapter... and some other stuff. :)

Michael

KevinS
Posts: 8942
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 26th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Kazbek wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 8:00 pm
Ok, great. I asked because it's still marked "See PL notes".
I updated the MW.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

JachinandBoaz
Posts: 227
Joined: May 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm

Post by JachinandBoaz » August 29th, 2020, 8:19 pm


KevinS
Posts: 8942
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 30th, 2020, 7:39 am

JachinandBoaz wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 8:19 pm
Here is Section 60: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_60_bury_128kb.mp3

Duration: 36:49

Daniel
Thank you!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

pattymarie
Posts: 2073
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » September 1st, 2020, 6:36 am

Section 59 is PL OK. Thank you, Daniel. Your proof listener really needs to return to her first love, history, and quit being so passionately concerned with current events. I had this proofed by yesterday evening but forgot to come and report it after getting caught up in the news of the riots and killing in months-long roiled Portland, where I have family.
Pattymarie

JachinandBoaz
Posts: 227
Joined: May 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm

Post by JachinandBoaz » September 1st, 2020, 4:51 pm

pattymarie wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 6:36 am
Section 59 is PL OK. Thank you, Daniel. Your proof listener really needs to return to her first love, history, and quit being so passionately concerned with current events. I had this proofed by yesterday evening but forgot to come and report it after getting caught up in the news of the riots and killing in months-long roiled Portland, where I have family.
Oh, I agree with you completely. The current events are so distressing that it's a wonder we don't break out into the St Vitus' dance. I'll try to finish off that chapter over the next few days. I need to refocus my restless energies and disengage myself from the unpleasantries of the news.

Daniel

Eysiss
Posts: 203
Joined: January 10th, 2019, 2:55 pm

Post by Eysiss » September 2nd, 2020, 2:50 pm

Hallo everyone.
I would like to read section 32, Chapter 9: The Teutonic Migrations, 378-412 By M. Manitius.

Thank you.
Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Post Reply