[HISTORY]Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1-Leni

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
CJBURN
Posts: 20
Joined: December 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by CJBURN » April 1st, 2020, 10:52 am


CJBURN
Posts: 20
Joined: December 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by CJBURN » April 1st, 2020, 10:58 am

I won't be surprised if this takes me a couple efforts to get it right...but we'll get there. CJB

KevinS
Posts: 7028
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 1st, 2020, 10:59 am

CJBURN wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 10:58 am
I won't be surprised if this takes me a couple efforts to get it right...but we'll get there. CJB
No, it's quite good! You're ready to go!
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

CJBURN
Posts: 20
Joined: December 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by CJBURN » April 1st, 2020, 11:14 am

Great, thanks!

KevinS
Posts: 7028
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 2nd, 2020, 10:33 am

Okay. We're ready to roll! Any question? Don't hesitate to ask!
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

ej400
Posts: 2743
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » April 2nd, 2020, 10:39 am

KevinS wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 10:33 am
Okay. We're ready to roll! Any question? Don't hesitate to ask!
Um... for chapter 2.... where do you want me to break the sections up at?

KevinS
Posts: 7028
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 2nd, 2020, 10:41 am

ej400 wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 10:39 am
KevinS wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 10:33 am
Okay. We're ready to roll! Any question? Don't hesitate to ask!
Um... for chapter 2.... where do you want me to break the sections up at?
Entirely up to you, unless you would like me to make a suggestion for you. One could divide the chapter into 10, 10, and 11 pages (as an example.)
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

ej400
Posts: 2743
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » April 2nd, 2020, 10:44 am

KevinS wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 10:41 am
ej400 wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 10:39 am
KevinS wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 10:33 am
Okay. We're ready to roll! Any question? Don't hesitate to ask!
Um... for chapter 2.... where do you want me to break the sections up at?
Entirely up to you, unless you would like me to make a suggestion for you. One could divide the chapter into 10, 10, and 11 pages (as an example.)
That's a good idea... I'll probably go with that :thumbs:

CJBURN
Posts: 20
Joined: December 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by CJBURN » April 2nd, 2020, 12:11 pm

I just want to double check. As I understand the instructions, we are to introduce and conclude each section only by it's section number and no reference to the underlying chapter? Thanks, Chris


START of recording (Intro)
"Section [number] of Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1, Section [number], Section title by [Your section's author]
"
END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section [number]"

KevinS
Posts: 7028
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 2nd, 2020, 12:22 pm

CJBURN wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 12:11 pm
I just want to double check. As I understand the instructions, we are to introduce and conclude each section only by it's section number and no reference to the underlying chapter? Thanks, Chris


START of recording (Intro)
"Section [number] of Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1, Section [number], Section title by [Your section's author]
"
END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section [number]"
I'll have a look at how I worded things, but ... to be clear:

1. The first section of a chapter should be introduced "Section [number] of Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Say: "Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1, Section [number], CHAPTER TITLE by [Your section's author]

2. Subsequent sections of a chapter would be introduced "Section [number] of Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Say: "Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1, Section [number] by [Your section's author]

I hope this is clear enough. I've been scratching my head over it, but I don't want to have to start with something impossible like Section x of chapter x part x subpart x.
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

KevinS
Posts: 7028
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 2nd, 2020, 12:29 pm

CJBURN wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 12:11 pm
So sorry you had to step into something complicated for your first recordings. Most all the other recordings are much, much easier. Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc.
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

CJBURN
Posts: 20
Joined: December 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by CJBURN » April 2nd, 2020, 12:32 pm

Thanks! Hey this is a fun book. Who ever knew the Germanic tribes could be so interesting. So these are all just details that I want to get right.

KevinS
Posts: 7028
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 2nd, 2020, 12:36 pm

CJBURN wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 12:32 pm
Thanks! Hey this is a fun book. Who ever knew the Germanic tribes could be so interesting.
The do throw a good party.
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

CJBURN
Posts: 20
Joined: December 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm
Location: New Jersey

Post by CJBURN » April 6th, 2020, 10:07 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_35_128kb.mp3

I believe section 35 first cut is now uploaded. CJ

KevinS
Posts: 7028
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » April 7th, 2020, 5:50 am

CJBURN wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 10:07 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_35_128kb.mp3

I believe section 35 first cut is now uploaded. CJ
Thank you!
New modem installation delayed until instructions are clear.

Post Reply