[ANCIENT MEDICINE] Natural History, volume 6, by Pliny the Elder - Leni

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13961
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 20th, 2021, 6:39 pm

MysticHaze wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 9:37 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/naturalhistoryvolume6_04_128kb.mp3
Here's the recording for section 4. It's 39:11 min long. I tried my best with the Latin words. On pages 205 and 212 there were 3 asterisks (***) in the text. I wasn't sure what to do there. It looked like those were sections of text missing but I just kept reading what text was there.
I have proof-listened, and it is PL OK! Thanks, the reading was very good and easy to follow. And PLing this book makes me always thankful for modern medicine... :shock:
Leni
=================
Four sections open at the Library of the World's Best Literature, volume 12!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13961
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 20th, 2021, 6:42 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 5:17 pm
This is the editing I did for section 20
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/naturalhistoryvolume6_20_128kb.mp3 33:56
but I noticed a line was skipped at 14:29 (top half of page 455) "why it [is that the patient performs that operation. A slug is some-] times wrapped" which would need recording.
The reader has never picked up my PM :hmm: What do you think we should do?
Leni
=================
Four sections open at the Library of the World's Best Literature, volume 12!

acholcom
Posts: 16
Joined: January 18th, 2021, 11:23 am

Post by acholcom » January 20th, 2021, 10:25 pm

Can I claim section 14? I'm new here by the way, and have already cleared my minute test.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10979
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » January 21st, 2021, 9:12 am

Leni wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 6:42 pm

The reader has never picked up my PM :hmm: What do you think we should do?
If you are happy with the rest of the recording (I tried to shorten pauses, etc, but still maybe lacking in natural flow) someone with a similarly sounding voice could add the phrase :?:

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13961
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 21st, 2021, 3:54 pm

acholcom wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 10:25 pm
Can I claim section 14? I'm new here by the way, and have already cleared my minute test.
Sure, thanks for claiming! I have assigned you the section.
Leni
=================
Four sections open at the Library of the World's Best Literature, volume 12!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13961
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 21st, 2021, 3:56 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 9:12 am
Leni wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 6:42 pm

The reader has never picked up my PM :hmm: What do you think we should do?
If you are happy with the rest of the recording (I tried to shorten pauses, etc, but still maybe lacking in natural flow) someone with a similarly sounding voice could add the phrase :?:
I will post for help in the Volunteers Wanted forum, thanks!
Leni
=================
Four sections open at the Library of the World's Best Literature, volume 12!

Marya999
Posts: 125
Joined: October 28th, 2020, 3:28 pm

Post by Marya999 » January 27th, 2021, 1:48 pm

Sections 7 and 8 please.

If you still need someone to read that line in section #20 about slugs I am available (if you think my voice would match :)

Marya

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13961
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 27th, 2021, 5:41 pm

Marya999 wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 1:48 pm
Sections 7 and 8 please.

If you still need someone to read that line in section #20 about slugs I am available (if you think my voice would match :)

Marya
Hello, Marya!

Yes, thanks for offering. I think if you recorded the line missing in section 20 it would be fine! :D

And also, thanks for the claiming, sections 7 and 8 are yours.
Leni
=================
Four sections open at the Library of the World's Best Literature, volume 12!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10979
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » January 28th, 2021, 3:34 am

Marya999 wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 1:48 pm


If you still need someone to read that line in section #20 about slugs I am available (if you think my voice would match :)

Marya
Leni wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 5:41 pm

Yes, thanks for offering. I think if you recorded the line missing in section 20 it would be fine! :D
I still have the file from when I edited it, so I can add in the new phrase. I suggest recording the whole sentence, from . to . (or ; to ; whichever it is in that part) :)

devantatlow
Posts: 32
Joined: December 9th, 2020, 10:13 am

Post by devantatlow » February 3rd, 2021, 5:34 pm

Here is section 11, sorry it took a while!
46:08
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/naturalhistoryvolume6_11_128kb.mp3

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13961
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » February 3rd, 2021, 7:55 pm

devantatlow wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 5:34 pm
Here is section 11, sorry it took a while!
46:08
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/naturalhistoryvolume6_11_128kb.mp3
That's fine, thanks much!
Leni
=================
Four sections open at the Library of the World's Best Literature, volume 12!

PatrS
Posts: 23
Joined: June 1st, 2019, 4:25 am

Post by PatrS » February 4th, 2021, 10:35 am

Could I claim section 5?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13961
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » February 4th, 2021, 7:09 pm

PatrS wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 10:35 am
Could I claim section 5?
Sure, thanks! Section assigned.
Leni
=================
Four sections open at the Library of the World's Best Literature, volume 12!

PawnOfPazuzu
Posts: 5
Joined: January 9th, 2021, 10:13 am

Post by PawnOfPazuzu » February 7th, 2021, 11:40 am

Hello,

I would like to record section 18.

Book 30, Chapters 1 to 12. The origin of the magic art.

I am new to recording and my pseudonym on here is PawnOfPazuzu.

Let me know if any other details are needed.

Many Thanks,
POP (PawnOfPazuzu)

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13961
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » February 7th, 2021, 4:12 pm

PawnOfPazuzu wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 11:40 am
Hello,

I would like to record section 18.

Book 30, Chapters 1 to 12. The origin of the magic art.

I am new to recording and my pseudonym on here is PawnOfPazuzu.

Let me know if any other details are needed.

Many Thanks,
POP (PawnOfPazuzu)
Thanks for claiming, and welcome to LibriVox! I see you have already done your 1-minute test, so, as soon as you get it oked, you can start recording here. :D
Leni
=================
Four sections open at the Library of the World's Best Literature, volume 12!

Post Reply