Writings of Samuel Adams, Vol 2 by Samuel Adams-lny

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
cimt

Post by cimt » July 10th, 2020, 3:45 pm

The Writings of Samuel Adams, Volume 2 by Samuel Adams (1722 - 1803).

2/7/2021 This abandoned solo has been opened as a group project by Linny.
The writings of Samuel Adams between 1770 and 1773.
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2092
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book:
    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Section[number] of The Writings of Samuel Adams, Volume 2. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Writings of Samuel Adams, Volume 2, by Samuel Adams. [Section title]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of Section [number]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Writings of Samuel Adams, Volume 2, by Samuel Adams. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename samueladamsv2_##_adams_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. samueladamsv2_01_adams_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Ignore tags. These are added automatically during the catalog process.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: linny
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

cimt

Post by cimt » July 10th, 2020, 4:13 pm

I wanted to add that I am considering combining some writings as 91 sections is quite long and some writings are very short. I am reluctant to because I haven't gone through the writings and am not sure how I should group them as they are probably of very different topics.

I would appreciate an experienced opinion once this project is off its feet and I need to decide the grouping.
Carisa

"Anything's better than lying and deceit." -Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » July 11th, 2020, 6:59 am

Carisa,
I can MC this for you. Do you have a DPL?

cimt

Post by cimt » July 11th, 2020, 7:02 am

linny wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 6:59 am
Carisa,
I can MC this for you. Do you have a DPL?
I don’t have a DPL.
Carisa

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » July 11th, 2020, 7:21 am

I added a ~ to your posting indicating you need a DPL.

I will need the genre and any keywords prior to cataloging.

I changed your intro/endings to 'section' instead of 'chapter'. I also shortened the file name. These are both automatically created and you're welcome to change them for future projects.

If this were my project with a group of folks I would cut the sections up some but not per writing. 1770 part 1, part 2, etc.
1770 is 34,357 words. I try and keep word counts less than 7000 words but you can go shorter or longer as long as a single section isn't longer that 72 minutes. Of course you are welcome to do each writing as a stand alone section. With using the subsequent file intro it shouldn't be bad.

cimt

Post by cimt » July 11th, 2020, 7:23 am

Thank you so much for your help, I will start working on grouping later today.
Carisa

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » July 11th, 2020, 7:29 am

Sounds good. Let me know when you are finished and I'll delete the extra sections.

As soloist you are responsible for updating the MW; titles, file links, flie duration, and toggling the status (workflow). Let me know if you have questions.

cimt

Post by cimt » July 11th, 2020, 10:09 am

linny wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 7:29 am
Sounds good. Let me know when you are finished and I'll delete the extra sections.
I finished writing in all my sections.I had to add an extra one but I don’t know how to assign it to me, could you do it?

Thank you
Carisa

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » July 11th, 2020, 10:15 am

All done! At the top of the MW working screen are "add new section", "add new reader", "assign reader sections". If you click on the last one "assign reader sections" then you can enter the section number and the reader name. Sometimes scrolling is required to get to the name...it just depends on how fast you can type. :wink:

cimt

Post by cimt » July 13th, 2020, 9:09 am

Carisa

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » July 14th, 2020, 9:06 am

Remember as Soloist you are also the Book Coordinator and need to put the links and times in the MW along with changing the status as "Ready for PL".

cimt

Post by cimt » July 14th, 2020, 10:21 am

linny wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 9:06 am
Remember as Soloist you are also the Book Coordinator and need to put the links and times in the MW along with changing the status as "Ready for PL".
Ok, thanks for the reminder. Do I just copy and paste the links?
Carisa

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » July 14th, 2020, 1:24 pm

cimt wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 10:21 am
linny wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 9:06 am
Ok, thanks for the reminder. Do I just copy and paste the links?
yes. That’s correct. As a soloist you don’t need to post the link in the thread just make sure it’s in the MW. As a soloist when you post a link to the MW make sure to post something in the thread such as “section 12 and 13 ready for PL.

As a DPL there are a couple of ways we can check if there is something for us to PL. The above method will ensure your DPL knows there a section waiting for their attention.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » September 7th, 2020, 8:41 am

I had a little time so I got you jump started on the PLing. Sections 1 and 2 are both PL OK. The background noise is within limits however it is a bit more than I typically hear.

cimt

Post by cimt » September 9th, 2020, 10:05 am

linny wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 8:41 am
I had a little time so I got you jump started on the PLing. Sections 1 and 2 are both PL OK. The background noise is within limits however it is a bit more than I typically hear.
i will work on the background noise when I jump back into the project. Thank you for PLing.
Carisa