Writings of Samuel Adams, Vol 2 by Samuel Adams-lny

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
tyoung667
Posts: 13
Joined: January 30th, 2021, 9:14 am

Post by tyoung667 » March 3rd, 2021, 12:08 pm

linny wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 1:50 pm
tyoung667 wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 7:23 am
See how this sounds.

Section 20 -14:29
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_20_adams_128kb.mp3
Hi there and welcome to LV! I've been away for a week. I can see you have been working with our DPL so I won't repeat what has already been told. In the future please do claim a section prior to recording it. It would be awful if while you were recording someone else claimed it and then we couldn't use your version. We hate to waste work.

Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/15884 The Reader section details link is a great way to keep track of your claims.
Thanks linny.

Make me smart. Is there a change to the tag when I resubmit? That is, when I rerecord with corrections do I upload with a different file name? I know I've seen this somewhere but I can't find it.

Ciufi
Posts: 873
Joined: December 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Location: Rohnert Park, California

Post by Ciufi » March 3rd, 2021, 12:42 pm

Here's section 39 (8:26).

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_39_adams_128kb.mp3

And I would like to claim 40 and 41.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 3rd, 2021, 1:31 pm

tyoung667 wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 12:08 pm
Thanks linny.

Make me smart. Is there a change to the tag when I resubmit? That is, when I rerecord with corrections do I upload with a different file name? I know I've seen this somewhere but I can't find it.
No, please use the same file name. The server will automatically rename the existing file (in case we need to roll back to it) and the new file will take its place.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 3rd, 2021, 1:33 pm

Ciufi wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 12:42 pm
Here's section 39 (8:26).

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_39_adams_128kb.mp3

And I would like to claim 40 and 41.
Thank you for the extra claims! :clap: 39 is in for PL.

Kalamareader
Posts: 1172
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » March 3rd, 2021, 4:25 pm

Ciufi wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 12:42 pm
Here's section 39 (8:26).

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_39_adams_128kb.mp3

And I would like to claim 40 and 41.
I have the extreme pleasure of again repeating myself: Another GREAT recording. PLOK :thumbs: right out of the box.

Thanks so much,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

tyoung667
Posts: 13
Joined: January 30th, 2021, 9:14 am

Post by tyoung667 » March 4th, 2021, 5:28 am

linny wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 1:31 pm
tyoung667 wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 12:08 pm
Thanks linny.

Make me smart. Is there a change to the tag when I resubmit? That is, when I rerecord with corrections do I upload with a different file name? I know I've seen this somewhere but I can't find it.
No, please use the same file name. The server will automatically rename the existing file (in case we need to roll back to it) and the new file will take its place.
14:29
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_20_adams_128kb.mp3

Ciufi
Posts: 873
Joined: December 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Location: Rohnert Park, California

Post by Ciufi » March 4th, 2021, 1:34 pm


Kalamareader
Posts: 1172
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » March 4th, 2021, 8:22 pm

tyoung667 wrote:
March 4th, 2021, 5:28 am
linny wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 1:31 pm
tyoung667 wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 12:08 pm
Thanks linny.

Make me smart. Is there a change to the tag when I resubmit? That is, when I rerecord with corrections do I upload with a different file name? I know I've seen this somewhere but I can't find it.
No, please use the same file name. The server will automatically rename the existing file (in case we need to roll back to it) and the new file will take its place.
14:29
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_20_adams_128kb.mp3
I don't know how to break this to you, but I think that your 'second upload' of Chapter 20 is the 'original' upload of Chapter 20. It seems that you re-uploaded your first attempt. I hope you still have the corrected copy. I am looking forward to listening to it.

Sooooo sorry,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

Kalamareader
Posts: 1172
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » March 4th, 2021, 8:50 pm

Ciufi wrote:
March 4th, 2021, 1:34 pm
Here is section 40 (9:06):


https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_40_adams_128kb.mp3
Again, a great reading, but there are a couple of spots that need a little correction:

1:55 that it was fair to call this the address of the body of the congregational ministers of the province? Left out the and of I think that they are needed to give the accurate meaning of the sentence.

4:50 with all due respect Missed all. Maybe doesn't really change the meaning, but I think it should be in there. But that is just me.

These should be easy.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

WanderingWalker
Posts: 46
Joined: January 1st, 2021, 6:45 am
Location: Worcester, UK

Post by WanderingWalker » March 5th, 2021, 6:55 am

Section 25 and 27 please :)
WW

tyoung667
Posts: 13
Joined: January 30th, 2021, 9:14 am

Post by tyoung667 » March 5th, 2021, 8:22 am

[/quote]

I don't know how to break this to you, but I think that your 'second upload' of Chapter 20 is the 'original' upload of Chapter 20. It seems that you re-uploaded your first attempt. I hope you still have the corrected copy. I am looking forward to listening to it.

Sooooo sorry,

Wayne
[/quote]

I'm an idiot.

14:16
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_20_adams_128kb.mp3

Ciufi
Posts: 873
Joined: December 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Location: Rohnert Park, California

Post by Ciufi » March 5th, 2021, 11:43 am

Here is section 40, corrected (same length):


https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_40_adams_128kb.mp3


I appreciate your pickiness :D ! No matter how minor the change, these are Samuel Adams' words, not mine, and they should be read exactly as he wrote them.

Kalamareader
Posts: 1172
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » March 5th, 2021, 12:11 pm

tyoung667 wrote:
March 5th, 2021, 8:22 am
I don't know how to break this to you, but I think that your 'second upload' of Chapter 20 is the 'original' upload of Chapter 20. It seems that you re-uploaded your first attempt. I hope you still have the corrected copy. I am looking forward to listening to it.

Sooooo sorry,

Wayne
[/quote]

I'm an idiot.

14:16
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_20_adams_128kb.mp3
[/quote]

No, you are not an 'idiot', you are 'human'. :D

Isn't it interesting that when we listen to our reading after making the corrections we made, that we still miss stuff? I guess we are all human (at least I hope we are all humans!!).

Your corrections were seamless. Chapter 20 PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne

P.S. If you have time and interest, please sign up for one of the many sections left. :D
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

Kalamareader
Posts: 1172
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » March 5th, 2021, 12:20 pm

Ciufi wrote:
March 5th, 2021, 11:43 am
Here is section 40, corrected (same length):


https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/samueladamsv2_40_adams_128kb.mp3


I appreciate your pickiness :D ! No matter how minor the change, these are Samuel Adams' words, not mine, and they should be read exactly as he wrote them.
Perfect, and seamless!! Thank you. Section 40 is PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

MFD32
Posts: 84
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am
Location: Boston

Post by MFD32 » March 5th, 2021, 2:34 pm

Hello, all. I can take 23 if it's still available.

-Mark-

Post Reply