grp/ Novel The Marquis de Villemer by George Sand-ag

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
roboro
Posts: 67
Joined: September 7th, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by roboro » January 24th, 2021, 2:19 pm

Chapter 10 complete

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/marquisdevillemer_rgp_sand_128kb.mp3

Track Length
9:9.38 (m:ss.ss)

Please let me know if you need any fixes etc.

I may try to pick up another chapter later in the week if my weekend is looking clear :)

Scarbo
Posts: 504
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Post by Scarbo » January 24th, 2021, 3:14 pm

roboro wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 2:19 pm
Chapter 10 complete

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/marquisdevillemer_rgp_sand_128kb.mp3

Track Length
9:9.38 (m:ss.ss)

Please let me know if you need any fixes etc.

I may try to pick up another chapter later in the week if my weekend is looking clear :)
Chapter 10 sounds great! I have just a few notes:

- Could you change the file name to marquisdevillemer_10_sand_128kb.mp3 ?

And the following are minor things, but I mention them because they result in a change of meaning:

- At 6:46, "recovering from his stupefaction," you say "recovering from his stupification."
- At 7:38 "the strange project," you say "their strange project."

roboro
Posts: 67
Joined: September 7th, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by roboro » January 24th, 2021, 4:14 pm

Scarbo wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 3:14 pm
roboro wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 2:19 pm
Chapter 10 complete

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/marquisdevillemer_rgp_sand_128kb.mp3

Track Length
9:9.38 (m:ss.ss)

Please let me know if you need any fixes etc.

I may try to pick up another chapter later in the week if my weekend is looking clear :)
Chapter 10 sounds great! I have just a few notes:

- Could you change the file name to marquisdevillemer_10_sand_128kb.mp3 ?

And the following are minor things, but I mention them because they result in a change of meaning:

- At 6:46, "recovering from his stupefaction," you say "recovering from his stupification."
- At 7:38 "the strange project," you say "their strange project."
Uurgh... Stupid mistakes... I will try to fix these tomorrow. Thanks.

miss stav
Posts: 16275
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » January 24th, 2021, 9:55 pm

Thank you both.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

roboro
Posts: 67
Joined: September 7th, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by roboro » January 25th, 2021, 2:11 pm

Hi
I re-recorded the second half of Chapter 10 from 5.58 onward. Fixes should be in place, including the correct filename.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/marquisdevillemer_10_sand_128kb.mp3

Track Length
9:11.03 (m:ss.ss)

Here's praying there are no errors in the re-take! Ha ha.
Let me know and I will try to sort anything minor if I can.

Scarbo
Posts: 504
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Post by Scarbo » January 25th, 2021, 4:26 pm

roboro wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 2:11 pm
Hi
I re-recorded the second half of Chapter 10 from 5.58 onward. Fixes should be in place, including the correct filename.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/marquisdevillemer_10_sand_128kb.mp3

Track Length
9:11.03 (m:ss.ss)

Here's praying there are no errors in the re-take! Ha ha.
Let me know and I will try to sort anything minor if I can.
PL OK, you're all set! Just so you know, it's possible to edit a small part of a file, such as a word or phrase, so that you don't have to re-record a big section. There should be some helpful YouTube videos on the topic that can take you through the steps and save you a lot of trouble! :)

roboro
Posts: 67
Joined: September 7th, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by roboro » January 26th, 2021, 1:42 am

Scarbo wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 4:26 pm
roboro wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 2:11 pm
Hi
I re-recorded the second half of Chapter 10 from 5.58 onward. Fixes should be in place, including the correct filename.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/marquisdevillemer_10_sand_128kb.mp3

Track Length
9:11.03 (m:ss.ss)

Here's praying there are no errors in the re-take! Ha ha.
Let me know and I will try to sort anything minor if I can.
PL OK, you're all set! Just so you know, it's possible to edit a small part of a file, such as a word or phrase, so that you don't have to re-record a big section. There should be some helpful YouTube videos on the topic that can take you through the steps and save you a lot of trouble! :)
Whew! Yes, I am aware that it is possible to edit just a word or phrase, but I find it difficult to attain the same tone and energy in my voice, so to avoid making an edit sound too obvious I try to re-record the paragraph or a few sentences around the error. In this case, I decided that I could improve the whole tone of the ending by re-recording it anyway. :)
Glad it is PL OK! Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Murphy8104
Posts: 81
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Post by Murphy8104 » January 27th, 2021, 1:05 pm

Hello
May I read Section 11 and 12 please?
Thanks. Lisa

miss stav
Posts: 16275
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » January 27th, 2021, 1:46 pm

Sure. Have a lot of fun.
Murphy8104 wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 1:05 pm
Hello
May I read Section 11 and 12 please?
Thanks. Lisa
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

Reden
Posts: 46
Joined: October 22nd, 2020, 6:17 am

Post by Reden » February 1st, 2021, 12:02 pm


miss stav
Posts: 16275
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » February 1st, 2021, 2:05 pm

Huge thanks. Would you like to continue with chapter 9?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

Scarbo
Posts: 504
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Post by Scarbo » February 1st, 2021, 4:20 pm

Reden wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 12:02 pm
Here is chapter 8. Run time is 15:46.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/marquisdevillemer_08_sand_128kb.mp3
Chapter 8 sounds great! I have just a few notes that I mention only because they result in a change of meaning:

- At 9:23, "even his descriptive eloquence," you say "scriptive."
- At 9:46, "Be assured that when you exclaim," "Be assured" is missing.
- At 14:26, "or to disgust of my fellow creatures," you say "or to disgust my fellow creatures."
- At 14:56, "he was peculiarly cold to her," you say "he was cold to her."

Reden
Posts: 46
Joined: October 22nd, 2020, 6:17 am

Post by Reden » February 2nd, 2021, 7:58 am

Thanks! I will fix these. My cutting and pasting skills on Audacity are still being developed! But the magnifier will be my friend!



Chapter 8 sounds great! I have just a few notes that I mention only because they result in a change of meaning:

- At 9:23, "even his descriptive eloquence," you say "scriptive."
- At 9:46, "Be assured that when you exclaim," "Be assured" is missing.
- At 14:26, "or to disgust of my fellow creatures," you say "or to disgust my fellow creatures."
- At 14:56, "he was peculiarly cold to her," you say "he was cold to her."
[/quote]

Reden
Posts: 46
Joined: October 22nd, 2020, 6:17 am

Post by Reden » February 2nd, 2021, 9:04 am


Scarbo
Posts: 504
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Post by Scarbo » February 2nd, 2021, 3:43 pm

Reden wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 9:04 am
Here is edited chapter 8. Run time 15:55


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/marquisdevillemer_08_sand_128kb.mp3
Thank you! Just one quick thing: at 14:56, "he was peculiarly cold to her," you say "he was particularly cold to her."

Post Reply