[PSYCHOLOGY] Group: Psychological Types by Carl Jung -lny

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
YuqingJune
Posts: 598
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » February 9th, 2021, 4:27 am

AVNX wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 3:12 pm
I have a question about recording. For individual non-English words thus far, I have been using Google to get as close to the correct pronunciations as possible. However, in the newest sections that I have just signed up for, there are longer passages from other texts in Latin that Jung quotes, with English translations immediately thereafter. As a reader, is it standard to only read the English translation in a project like this?
I have to admit that this hasn't happened to my other projects before - the Latin paragraphs there were usually short; the volunteers who claimed the sections never really had any issue reading the Latin either.

This isn't anyone's fault, of course!
At this point, though, can I ask our MC, Linette, if it's alright to let someone else record the Latin quotes for AVNX?
Alternatively, is it permissible to skip the quotes altogether?

Thank you in advance for the clarification!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

YuqingJune
Posts: 598
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » February 9th, 2021, 4:34 am

Also, please take note that the overdue sections 00-04 and 32-37 are up for grabs now!

If those who claimed these sections previously would still like to record them, do post below as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 9th, 2021, 10:40 am

YuqingJune wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 4:27 am
AVNX wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 3:12 pm
I have a question about recording. For individual non-English words thus far, I have been using Google to get as close to the correct pronunciations as possible. However, in the newest sections that I have just signed up for, there are longer passages from other texts in Latin that Jung quotes, with English translations immediately thereafter. As a reader, is it standard to only read the English translation in a project like this?
I have to admit that this hasn't happened to my other projects before - the Latin paragraphs there were usually short; the volunteers who claimed the sections never really had any issue reading the Latin either.

This isn't anyone's fault, of course!
At this point, though, can I ask our MC, Linette, if it's alright to let someone else record the Latin quotes for AVNX?
Alternatively, is it permissible to skip the quotes altogether?

Thank you in advance for the clarification!
Would you tell me what pages you are speaking of? I've scanned over 20 pages and haven't found it yet.

Owlivia
Posts: 470
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » February 9th, 2021, 1:00 pm

YuqingJune wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 4:34 am
Also, please take note that the overdue sections 00-04 and 32-37 are up for grabs now!

If those who claimed these sections previously would still like to record them, do post below as soon as possible.

Thank you!
I'd like to claim sections 2, 3, and 4, please.
🦉

AVNX
Posts: 12
Joined: January 7th, 2021, 3:14 am

Post by AVNX » February 9th, 2021, 6:26 pm

linny wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 10:40 am
YuqingJune wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 4:27 am
AVNX wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 3:12 pm
I have a question about recording. For individual non-English words thus far, I have been using Google to get as close to the correct pronunciations as possible. However, in the newest sections that I have just signed up for, there are longer passages from other texts in Latin that Jung quotes, with English translations immediately thereafter. As a reader, is it standard to only read the English translation in a project like this?
I have to admit that this hasn't happened to my other projects before - the Latin paragraphs there were usually short; the volunteers who claimed the sections never really had any issue reading the Latin either.

This isn't anyone's fault, of course!
At this point, though, can I ask our MC, Linette, if it's alright to let someone else record the Latin quotes for AVNX?
Alternatively, is it permissible to skip the quotes altogether?

Thank you in advance for the clarification!
Would you tell me what pages you are speaking of? I've scanned over 20 pages and haven't found it yet.
Pages 284-288 have longer Latin passages that I doubt I could read correctly given my lack of experience with the language. I'm also a bit worried about the list on 274.

Would it be possible to drop the two sections I anticipate having trouble with (24 and 25) and pick up 35, 36, and 37 instead?

YuqingJune
Posts: 598
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » February 9th, 2021, 11:46 pm

Owlivia wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 1:00 pm
YuqingJune wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 4:34 am
Also, please take note that the overdue sections 00-04 and 32-37 are up for grabs now!

If those who claimed these sections previously would still like to record them, do post below as soon as possible.

Thank you!
I'd like to claim sections 2, 3, and 4, please.
Cool, thank you!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 10th, 2021, 5:00 am

AVNX wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 6:26 pm
Pages 284-288 have longer Latin passages that I doubt I could read correctly given my lack of experience with the language. I'm also a bit worried about the list on 274.

Would it be possible to drop the two sections I anticipate having trouble with (24 and 25) and pick up 35, 36, and 37 instead?
You are always welcome to drop sections you are uncomfortable with. I will leave that between you and your BC.

What I saw was a sentence in Latin followed by the translation, then another sentence; repeat. In this case, I would leave the Latin. If it was a paragraph or page of Latin followed by the translation then I would be ok with eliminating the Latin entirely. If you do decide to drop 24 and 25 maybe a note should be added to those sections for the next reader mentioning there is Latin.

AVNX
Posts: 12
Joined: January 7th, 2021, 3:14 am

Post by AVNX » February 15th, 2021, 1:20 pm

linny wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 5:00 am
AVNX wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 6:26 pm
Pages 284-288 have longer Latin passages that I doubt I could read correctly given my lack of experience with the language. I'm also a bit worried about the list on 274.

Would it be possible to drop the two sections I anticipate having trouble with (24 and 25) and pick up 35, 36, and 37 instead?
You are always welcome to drop sections you are uncomfortable with. I will leave that between you and your BC.

What I saw was a sentence in Latin followed by the translation, then another sentence; repeat. In this case, I would leave the Latin. If it was a paragraph or page of Latin followed by the translation then I would be ok with eliminating the Latin entirely. If you do decide to drop 24 and 25 maybe a note should be added to those sections for the next reader mentioning there is Latin.
I tried to do the Latin passages, but even using a pronunciation tool I wasn't really able to get through entire sentences without stumbling. In the interest of getting a better reader for those parts, I think I'd prefer to just do what I mentioned initially and swap 24 and 25 for 35, 36, and 37.

YuqingJune
Posts: 598
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » February 16th, 2021, 1:41 am

AVNX wrote:
February 15th, 2021, 1:20 pm
I tried to do the Latin passages, but even using a pronunciation tool I wasn't really able to get through entire sentences without stumbling. In the interest of getting a better reader for those parts, I think I'd prefer to just do what I mentioned initially and swap 24 and 25 for 35, 36, and 37.
Thanks for putting in so much effort! :thumbs:
And of course, yes, I've updated the MW as per your wishes.
Have fun!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

Anautumnous
Posts: 20
Joined: October 26th, 2017, 4:27 am

Post by Anautumnous » February 17th, 2021, 10:33 am

Section 68 is complete:


https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/psychologicaltypes_68_jung_128kb.mp3
13:20

May I claim sections 0 and 1 as long as I'm here?

Thank you!

-Anautumnous

YuqingJune
Posts: 598
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » February 17th, 2021, 10:52 pm

Anautumnous wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 10:33 am
Section 68 is complete:


https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/psychologicaltypes_68_jung_128kb.mp3
13:20

May I claim sections 0 and 1 as long as I'm here?

Thank you!

-Anautumnous
Sure, thank you! MW updated.
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

Sunrise2020
Posts: 394
Joined: August 28th, 2020, 5:41 am
Location: Sylt, Germany

Post by Sunrise2020 » February 18th, 2021, 9:10 am

PL for Section 68 is okay.
==========
Susanne

Owlivia
Posts: 470
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » February 18th, 2021, 9:48 pm

🦉

Juls11
Posts: 22
Joined: January 27th, 2021, 10:29 am

Post by Juls11 » February 18th, 2021, 10:29 pm

Section 73, Chapter 11 Definitions, Part 15 pp 601-610 51. Symbol, 601
Length 00h:27m:25s

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/psychologicaltypes_73_jung_128kb.mp3

ENJOY your night!

YuqingJune
Posts: 598
Joined: March 31st, 2019, 4:09 am
Location: Singapore

Post by YuqingJune » February 19th, 2021, 5:50 pm

Owlivia wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 9:48 pm
Introduction
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/psychologicaltypes_02_jung_128kb.mp3

11:20.33
Juls11 wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 10:29 pm
Section 73, Chapter 11 Definitions, Part 15 pp 601-610 51. Symbol, 601
Length 00h:27m:25s

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/psychologicaltypes_73_jung_128kb.mp3

ENJOY your night!
Thanks, both of you! They've been marked ready for PL now.
Cheers,
Yuqing :D

Readers needed
Othello by Shakespeare

Post Reply