[GROUP/SERMONS] A Selection of the most celebrated sermons of John Calvin-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
ECMinistry
Posts: 24
Joined: February 3rd, 2021, 1:48 pm

Post by ECMinistry » February 5th, 2021, 2:09 am

I wanted to read some of the available works of John Calvin and I saw many that looked open but I didn't see how to apply. Could anyone help me?

InTheDesert
Posts: 586
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » February 5th, 2021, 4:14 am

ECMinistry wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 2:09 am
I wanted to read some of the available works of John Calvin and I saw many that looked open but I didn't see how to apply. Could anyone help me?
Sermon 6 and 10-12 in this collection are all available if you'd like them!
Freshly catalogued for your listening pleasure:
The Fundamentals Vol 2
Readers wanted:
Creeds from throughout Christian history,
Treatises of Athanasius (including 3 DR dialogues)

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7810
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 5th, 2021, 8:50 pm

ECMinistry wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 2:09 am
I wanted to read some of the available works of John Calvin and I saw many that looked open but I didn't see how to apply. Could anyone help me?
Welcome to LibriVox! InTheDesert mentioned above which sections are available here. You can just post in this thread, telling him which one(s) you'd like. Be sure you check out this guide on getting started, too, especially the one-minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording :)

ECMinistry
Posts: 24
Joined: February 3rd, 2021, 1:48 pm

Post by ECMinistry » February 6th, 2021, 2:55 am

I would be willing to read all three of the available works and I have good voice over equipment
InTheDesert wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 4:14 am
ECMinistry wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 2:09 am
I wanted to read some of the available works of John Calvin and I saw many that looked open but I didn't see how to apply. Could anyone help me?
Sermon 6 and 10-12 in this collection are all available if you'd like them!

InTheDesert
Posts: 586
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » February 6th, 2021, 2:58 am

ECMinistry wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:55 am
I would be willing to read all three of the available works and I have good voice over equipment [quote=InTheDesert
Fabulous, I'll reserve them for you as soon as the one minute test is passed :)
Freshly catalogued for your listening pleasure:
The Fundamentals Vol 2
Readers wanted:
Creeds from throughout Christian history,
Treatises of Athanasius (including 3 DR dialogues)

Enneos88
Posts: 9
Joined: January 12th, 2021, 12:16 pm

Post by Enneos88 » February 6th, 2021, 1:35 pm

InTheDesert wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 7:02 am
Enneos88 wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 4:13 pm
I have uploaded Section 4. I hope it sounds good.
-Andrew
Thanks Andrew. Great recording quality.

PL Notes (Sermon 4):
~17:01 Repeat
~18:17 Repeat
~22:09 Repeat
Edited it and uploaded it. Hope this is better.

ECMinistry
Posts: 24
Joined: February 3rd, 2021, 1:48 pm

Post by ECMinistry » February 7th, 2021, 6:19 pm

What is the 1-minute test and how do I submit it?
InTheDesert wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:58 am
ECMinistry wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:55 am
I would be willing to read all three of the available works and I have good voice over equipment [quote=InTheDesert
Fabulous, I'll reserve them for you as soon as the one minute test is passed :)

InTheDesert
Posts: 586
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » February 7th, 2021, 7:09 pm

ECMinistry wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 6:19 pm
What is the 1-minute test and how do I submit it?
The info is in the link that Devorah supplied above but you can find everything you need to know here.
Freshly catalogued for your listening pleasure:
The Fundamentals Vol 2
Readers wanted:
Creeds from throughout Christian history,
Treatises of Athanasius (including 3 DR dialogues)

InTheDesert
Posts: 586
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » February 7th, 2021, 8:11 pm

Enneos88 wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Edited it and uploaded it. Hope this is better.
Sorry, I should have given more detailed notes. My fault.

At 16:28, there is a paragraph that gets repeated from 16:57.
The same happens at 17:24 (repeated at 17:54)
and 21:38 (repeat at 22:14)
Freshly catalogued for your listening pleasure:
The Fundamentals Vol 2
Readers wanted:
Creeds from throughout Christian history,
Treatises of Athanasius (including 3 DR dialogues)

Enneos88
Posts: 9
Joined: January 12th, 2021, 12:16 pm

Post by Enneos88 » February 10th, 2021, 3:32 pm

InTheDesert wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 8:11 pm
Enneos88 wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Edited it and uploaded it. Hope this is better.
Sorry, I should have given more detailed notes. My fault.

At 16:28, there is a paragraph that gets repeated from 16:57.
The same happens at 17:24 (repeated at 17:54)
and 21:38 (repeat at 22:14)
I uploaded the file. I made the edits that you mentioned. Thank you so much for finding them. This should be much better now. Let me know if there is anything else please. :)

ECMinistry
Posts: 24
Joined: February 3rd, 2021, 1:48 pm

Post by ECMinistry » February 14th, 2021, 10:40 pm

I recorded the 1-minute test and submitted it on the forum in the instructions but it mentioned if I had requested a book, like (A selection of the most celebrated sermons of John Calvin) that I should post the link with the project coordinator? Not sure who that is
InTheDesert wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:58 am
ECMinistry wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:55 am
I would be willing to read all three of the available works and I have good voice over equipment [quote=InTheDesert
Fabulous, I'll reserve them for you as soon as the one minute test is passed :)

InTheDesert
Posts: 586
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » February 14th, 2021, 11:22 pm

ECMinistry wrote:
February 14th, 2021, 10:40 pm
I recorded the 1-minute test and submitted it on the forum in the instructions but it mentioned if I had requested a book, like (A selection of the most celebrated sermons of John Calvin) that I should post the link with the project coordinator? Not sure who that is
InTheDesert wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:58 am
ECMinistry wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:55 am
I would be willing to read all three of the available works and I have good voice over equipment [quote=InTheDesert
Fabulous, I'll reserve them for you as soon as the one minute test is passed :)
Looks like you're all clear to record! Which sections would you like to take? Let's say 2 at a time and then you can add more if you're still keen.
Freshly catalogued for your listening pleasure:
The Fundamentals Vol 2
Readers wanted:
Creeds from throughout Christian history,
Treatises of Athanasius (including 3 DR dialogues)

ECMinistry
Posts: 24
Joined: February 3rd, 2021, 1:48 pm

Post by ECMinistry » February 15th, 2021, 1:04 am

InTheDesert wrote:
February 14th, 2021, 11:22 pm
ECMinistry wrote:
February 14th, 2021, 10:40 pm
I recorded the 1-minute test and submitted it on the forum in the instructions but it mentioned if I had requested a book, like (A selection of the most celebrated sermons of John Calvin) that I should post the link with the project coordinator? Not sure who that is
InTheDesert wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:58 am


Fabulous, I'll reserve them for you as soon as the one minute test is passed :)
Looks like you're all clear to record! Which sections would you like to take? Let's say 2 at a time and then you can add more if you're still keen.
Ok what about 10 and 11? where do we read the section from?

InTheDesert
Posts: 586
Joined: August 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Post by InTheDesert » February 15th, 2021, 1:08 am

ECMinistry wrote:
February 15th, 2021, 1:04 am
Ok what about 10 and 11? where do we read the section from?
Ok, I'll put your name on them. The link is under point 4 of the first post!
Freshly catalogued for your listening pleasure:
The Fundamentals Vol 2
Readers wanted:
Creeds from throughout Christian history,
Treatises of Athanasius (including 3 DR dialogues)

ECMinistry
Posts: 24
Joined: February 3rd, 2021, 1:48 pm

Post by ECMinistry » February 15th, 2021, 7:20 pm

I can't seem to find the text for sermon text for number 10 and 11 to read it. could someone help me?

Post Reply