[CHILDREN]The Boy Scouts Down in Dixie by Herbert Carter - icequeen

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25712
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 23rd, 2021, 9:18 pm

Chapters 7 and 8 are PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."


icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25712
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 24th, 2021, 8:48 pm

Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25712
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 26th, 2021, 9:48 pm

Chapter 9 is PL OK!

Chapter 10 is not chapter 10, it is chapter 11.

Chapter 11 is fine, except for the outro, at 17:25, you say, "End of chapter 10."
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shasta
Posts: 608
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » March 3rd, 2021, 4:26 pm

Here is Chapter 11 with corrected Outro. I don't know how Chapter 10 has essentially disappeared. But I do have a draft in my trash and will edit it and submit it.
Russ Bruno

Shasta
Posts: 608
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » March 3rd, 2021, 4:27 pm

Here is Chapter 11 with corrected Outro. I don't know how Chapter 10 has essentially disappeared. But I do have a draft in my trash and will edit it and submit it.




https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_11_carter_128kb.mp3 Time: 17:32
Russ Bruno

Shasta
Posts: 608
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » March 3rd, 2021, 5:28 pm

Russ Bruno

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25712
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 3rd, 2021, 9:42 pm

Shasta wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 4:27 pm
Here is Chapter 11 with corrected Outro. I don't know how Chapter 10 has essentially disappeared. But I do have a draft in my trash and will edit it and submit it.




https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_11_carter_128kb.mp3 Time: 17:32
Shasta wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 5:28 pm
Here is Chapter 10



https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_10_carter_128kb.mp3 Time: 16:59.5

Thank you! Chapter 11 is now PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Ares
Posts: 134
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 12:57 am

Post by Ares » March 4th, 2021, 1:19 pm

Hi! May I do 15 and 16 ?

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25712
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 4th, 2021, 2:10 pm

Ares wrote:
March 4th, 2021, 1:19 pm
Hi! May I do 15 and 16 ?
You may! Thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25712
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 4th, 2021, 9:13 pm

Chapter 10 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Ares
Posts: 134
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 12:57 am

Post by Ares » March 7th, 2021, 1:02 pm

hi, i did ch 15:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_14_carter_128kb.mp3
duration -> 19:57

I'm afraid there are parts i suppose i didn't understand 100%. like:

"“hit happens thisaway, yuh see; we’s bound tuh pass right neah thet holler tree, whar Ricky allers looks fo’ letters; an’ if so be yuh guv me a note tuh stick in the hole, chances are he’d see me do hit, an’ be ahookin’ theh same out arter I quits.”"

and maybe some other.

If you want me to clarify, fix or repeat whatever part, please tell me, i'll do it glady, and i'll learn a lot doing it.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25712
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 7th, 2021, 2:45 pm

Ares wrote:
March 7th, 2021, 1:02 pm
hi, i did ch 15:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_14_carter_128kb.mp3
duration -> 19:57

I'm afraid there are parts i suppose i didn't understand 100%. like:

"“hit happens thisaway, yuh see; we’s bound tuh pass right neah thet holler tree, whar Ricky allers looks fo’ letters; an’ if so be yuh guv me a note tuh stick in the hole, chances are he’d see me do hit, an’ be ahookin’ theh same out arter I quits.”"

and maybe some other.

If you want me to clarify, fix or repeat whatever part, please tell me, i'll do it glady, and i'll learn a lot doing it.
Oh, those parts where the writers trying to make the character speak as a local are always hard to do. I'm sure it will be find, but I will let you know. Thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shasta
Posts: 608
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » March 8th, 2021, 6:08 pm

Here are Chapters 24 through 28.




https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_27_carter_128kb.mp3 Time: 13:14
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_24_carter_128kb.mp3 Time: 17:26
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_25_carter_128kb.mp3 Time: 16:46
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_26_carter_128kb.mp3 Time: 18:51
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsdownindixie_28_carter_128kb.mp3 Time: 13:22

This has been one of the more interesting things I have read. But how does the Sheriff come off claiming the reward? He and his posse weren't the ones who tracked Jasper down, captured him and identified the hiding place of the loot. No justice in Dixie :(
Russ Bruno

Shasta
Posts: 608
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » March 8th, 2021, 6:10 pm

I would now like to claim Chapters 17 through 21.
Russ Bruno

Post Reply