Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Lion24
Posts: 65
Joined: August 9th, 2019, 1:54 am

Post by Lion24 » April 26th, 2021, 3:24 am

Storia di una capinera by Giovanni Verga https://librivox.org/storia-di-una-capinera-by-giovanni-verga/

Upload https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/storiacapinera_2104.zip

On a side note, the link for life of Philip Melanchthon isn't working, here's the link again https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/life_melanchthon_2104.zip

Thank you :clap:

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 34527
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » April 26th, 2021, 4:14 am

1 cover caught -- and linked . Thank you :D

Philip Melanchthon was the 1 we replaced because of a missing h wasn't it, maybe the change got stuck somewhere, I'll look and give it a nudge.
Looks Ok now

Anne

AndrewNash
Posts: 90
Joined: June 19th, 2020, 3:19 am

Post by AndrewNash » April 27th, 2021, 12:39 pm

I am pre-claiming the cover for:
SOLO The Idea of a University by John Henry Newman-mtf
Andrew Nash

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 50975
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » April 27th, 2021, 12:42 pm

AndrewNash wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 12:39 pm
I am pre-claiming the cover for:
SOLO The Idea of a University by John Henry Newman-mtf
Andrew Nash
Please provide the project number (the number at the end of the URL when you're in the MW, or in the link when you hover over the BC Admin link in the first post). :) It saves us having to hunt your thread and that number ourselves. ;)
By John Muir: Our National Parks
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
New York scenes, 1897: Darkness and Daylight
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5

AndrewNash
Posts: 90
Joined: June 19th, 2020, 3:19 am

Post by AndrewNash » April 27th, 2021, 12:55 pm

Actually, having looked at the process of making a cover, I don't think I'm up to doing this. So I hereby unpreclaim the cover for 'The Idea of a University' - I'll leave it to someone experienced. But may I make a plea for the designer to use this image of John Henry Newman:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=6%2FpTjjvj&id=1ACAD1EF1695CAEDCAC0B3900FF4E08E1391C4C9&thid=OIP.6_pTjjvjiWlI3BdWtU1FqgHaLS&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cardinaljohnhenrynewman.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F07%2F7-Engraving-of-Newman-by-Henry-MacLean-based-on-a-portrait-by-George-Richmond.jpg&cdnurl=https%3A%2F%2Fth.bing.com%2Fth%2Fid%2FRebfa538e3be3896948dc1756b54d45aa%3Frik%3DycSRE47g9A%252bQsw%26pid%3DImgRaw&exph=6999&expw=4593&q=john+henry+newman&simid=608024351083468672&ck=D62E4A97ADBAE70FEE68B5C3D5D3EE19&selectedindex=210&form=IRPRST&ajaxhist=0&vt=0

It's out of copyright and is of Newman as he would have looked at the time he wrote this book.

Many thanks,

Andrew Nash.


annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 34527
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » April 28th, 2021, 9:11 pm

Cover caught ...... and all liked, Thank you :D and congratulations on getting it all correct first go - it is a bit tricky at firstand it only works if they are all exact, :clap:

Anne

sanved23
Posts: 25
Joined: April 26th, 2021, 10:55 am
Location: India
Contact:

Post by sanved23 » April 28th, 2021, 10:59 pm

annise wrote:
April 28th, 2021, 9:11 pm
Cover caught ...... and all liked, Thank you :D and congratulations on getting it all correct first go - it is a bit tricky at firstand it only works if they are all exact, :clap:

Anne
Thanks a lot!
Sanved

sanved23
Posts: 25
Joined: April 26th, 2021, 10:55 am
Location: India
Contact:

Post by sanved23 » April 29th, 2021, 12:07 am

Could you tell me if this works?
I couldn't resize a lot as the image was becoming illegible.
But I hope this would suffice.
Cover:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/one_fool_makes_many_2104.zip

For:
https://librivox.org/one-fool-makes-many-by-antonio-de-solis/
Sanved

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 50975
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » April 29th, 2021, 6:03 am

sanved23 wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 12:07 am
Could you tell me if this works?
I couldn't resize a lot as the image was becoming illegible.
But I hope this would suffice.
Cover:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/one_fool_makes_many_2104.zip

For:
https://librivox.org/one-fool-makes-many-by-antonio-de-solis/
I think the image looks great! The title is wrong, though. (You have "A Fool Makes Many" but it's "ONE Fool Makes Many".) ;)

The 600x600 without the _itemimage tag is a really large file size. :hmm:

I think I'll retire from cover-making. Yours are spectacular. :lol:
By John Muir: Our National Parks
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
New York scenes, 1897: Darkness and Daylight
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5

sanved23
Posts: 25
Joined: April 26th, 2021, 10:55 am
Location: India
Contact:

Post by sanved23 » April 29th, 2021, 8:40 am

TriciaG wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 6:03 am
sanved23 wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 12:07 am
Could you tell me if this works?
I couldn't resize a lot as the image was becoming illegible.
But I hope this would suffice.
Cover:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/one_fool_makes_many_2104.zip

For:
https://librivox.org/one-fool-makes-many-by-antonio-de-solis/
I think the image looks great! The title is wrong, though. (You have "A Fool Makes Many" but it's "ONE Fool Makes Many".) ;)

The 600x600 without the _itemimage tag is a really large file size. :hmm:

I think I'll retire from cover-making. Yours are spectacular. :lol:
Oh my bad. I'll change it to 'one'.
And thanks a lot. I'm enjoying making them. Sadly there's no more to claim.
Sanved

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 50975
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » April 29th, 2021, 8:53 am

I didn't really look at the specs of the files. Here's a full run-down:

one_fool_makes_many_2104 is 2519x2519 but should be 300x300.
one_fool_makes_many_2104_itemimage is 800x800 but should be 300x300.
one_fool_makes_many_2104_thumb is 300x300 but should be 150x150.

The PDF file looks OK to me.
By John Muir: Our National Parks
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
New York scenes, 1897: Darkness and Daylight
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5

sanved23
Posts: 25
Joined: April 26th, 2021, 10:55 am
Location: India
Contact:

Post by sanved23 » April 29th, 2021, 9:37 am

TriciaG wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 8:53 am
I didn't really look at the specs of the files. Here's a full run-down:

one_fool_makes_many_2104 is 2519x2519 but should be 300x300.
one_fool_makes_many_2104_itemimage is 800x800 but should be 300x300.
one_fool_makes_many_2104_thumb is 300x300 but should be 150x150.

The PDF file looks OK to me.
Thanks for that. I corrected all the mistakes.
Sanved

sanved23
Posts: 25
Joined: April 26th, 2021, 10:55 am
Location: India
Contact:

Post by sanved23 » April 29th, 2021, 9:37 am

TriciaG wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 8:53 am
I didn't really look at the specs of the files. Here's a full run-down:

one_fool_makes_many_2104 is 2519x2519 but should be 300x300.
one_fool_makes_many_2104_itemimage is 800x800 but should be 300x300.
one_fool_makes_many_2104_thumb is 300x300 but should be 150x150.

The PDF file looks OK to me.
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/One_fool_makes_many.zip
Sanved

Newgatenovelist
Posts: 3683
Joined: February 17th, 2015, 7:22 am

Post by Newgatenovelist » April 29th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Thank you to Availle for the cover for Hawaiian Hilltop! It's a really nice use of the cover illustration.
Erin

Post Reply