Best way to organize list of suggestions

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
ColleenMc

Post by ColleenMc » December 1st, 2020, 2:27 pm

I got a wonderful bibliography of books by women novelists 1890-1920 a while back, and I wanted to use it to make suggestions of possible recording projects, by looking up the books and finding which ones were included in our typical sources (PG, IA, Hathi, google books) and adding excerpts of book descriptions from the bibliography.

I made an initial post here: viewtopic.php?t=83785

So my two questions are:

1) is this a useful project? Are people interested in such suggestions? Should I continue?

2) what would be the best way to organize the posts so they aren’t everywhere? I thought about editing the original post to add more until whatever time the ability to edit times out, and then start a new post. Or add to the first post via comments, tho that can get unwieldy esp as others make comments as well. I also thought about combining this approach with starting a new post when I hit a new letter of the index, so there would be a post possibly with multiple comments with more suggestions all from the As, then a new post for Bs etc.

I want to make it relatively easy for someone interested in the theme to spot the posts in the Book Suggestions, and also for me to find and keep hem updated as books possibly get adopted and recorded...

I also don’t want to be annoying or fill up the suggestions board with unwanted stuff, so any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » December 1st, 2020, 3:30 pm

Hi Colleen,

First, yes I think your list will be very useful! Second, keeping it all in the same post makes sense to me, but if that gets unwieldly, there is no reason why you couldn't keep a running list in the wiki and post a link in the forum. For example, here is a list of such pages that already exist (I searched the LV wiki for "book suggestions").

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=book+suggestions&go=Go
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman