Headphone suggestions

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
missfreudianslit

Post by missfreudianslit » February 7th, 2021, 2:32 pm

I'm new to this and I have most of my equipment ready but I don't know what the community thinks in regards to certain headphones over others. Should I be using noise cancelling? What's your favorite headphones as VO people?

k5hsj

Post by k5hsj » February 8th, 2021, 12:06 am

You might check out the discussion at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=75065&p=1591111. :D
Winston
Be kind. Be interesting. Be useful. Morality ain't hard.--Jack Butler, Living in Little Rock with Miss Little Rock

anneflebari

Post by anneflebari » February 8th, 2021, 4:52 am

I find a lot are designed for music listening, so are very heavy on the bass..not a realistic sound for the spoken voice. Try recording yourself speaking onto your phone or tablet then take it with you when trying out headphones and see if it still sounds ok! I have a basic, non-wireless, reasonably inexpensive Sennheiser set (now discontinued) which are getting pretty tatty but I know that what I hear is a fairly accurate reproduction of my voice...for better or worse! Anne F

sjmarky

Post by sjmarky » February 8th, 2021, 12:48 pm

I use AKG K240's. They are comfortable, don't squeak, and are semi-open, over-ear design so you can still hear.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page

missfreudianslit

Post by missfreudianslit » February 8th, 2021, 3:35 pm

thanks so much for everybody's response, I really appreciate it. I have a pair of older sennheiser headphones, and wanted to make sure that I was using the right equipment! And I promise I did use the forums search to try to find this information, but a lot of threads come up when you search for "headphones" or "headphones suggestions" :lol: