[Solved]Computer help please - CPU cooler broken

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Hokuspokus
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Hokuspokus » March 26th, 2011, 12:57 am

EDIT: Never mind - Hubby and I just decided that I need a new computer.

The fan of me CPU cooler doesn't move any more. (I'm on another computer now.) I need to buy a new one, I guess, but I have no idea what to look for. There are so many different coolers and I have no idea how to find out which one fits into my computer.

I've removed the cooler to see what's written on the square silver thing beneath. (CPU?)
AMD Sempron
SDA 3600 IAA3CNLFBCF
0744FPMW
1947463 k70398

The coolers I've looked at refer to AMD or AM2. I have no idea what AMD means but I guess that's important, non AMD wouldn't fit?
Is there something else I need to know before I can find the right cooler? and where do I look for it?

I hope someone here can help me. When looking into computer forums, all the say is:"Use the forum search." (Which I would do, if I only had an idea what to look for ...

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » March 26th, 2011, 7:04 am

Hokuspokus wrote:EDIT: Never mind - Hubby and I just decided that I need a new computer.
That's the simplest solution :D
Last time I had a fan go, on the video card I think, I left the side off with a room fan blowing into the case :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

Jc

Post by Jc » March 28th, 2011, 9:31 pm

When that happened to me, i had to put half of my laptop out the window to cool. Luckily it was winter...
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)