Logic Puzzles [FORUM GAME]

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » April 17th, 2019, 5:10 pm

... but I suppose you can take the time to count the directors before making your first firing... :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » April 17th, 2019, 7:53 pm

What it does assume is that the directors are held firmly in their seats while this is going on until they are meekly allowed to leave :D
But puzzles are not meant to be for philosophers or lawyers, they are meant to have only one answer :D

Anne

Foon

Post by Foon » April 18th, 2019, 1:13 am

Ahhh they're in a circle. That would have been useful to know. I assumed they were in a row....
Foon

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 18th, 2019, 6:18 am

Guys they don't need to be in a circle I don't think. That's just a way of visualizing it. All it's saying is do what your colleague does, mirror his actions. Then when it gets down to it, look at how many are left. For example, if there are 4 left and he pulls 1, you pull 2. If my logic is correct, if you keep doing what he does, there will always be an even number left, and when you get down to the 4 or so left you can be strategic there. Hope that makes sense.
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 18th, 2019, 8:40 am

tovarisch wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 5:05 pm
That answer assumes that it's possible at a glance to know where the middle is and whether to fire one or two in order to split the table into two "equal segments". Such ability is not in the description.
Hmm... Well, in an office or something, I think the people would all be sitting down or something, in a relatively orderly fashion. I don't imagine they would all be walking around while the firing was going on, right? I'd think that they would be sitting down at least. And if they are sitting down in an office/whatever, it'd be either in rows or a circle. (Or around a table, as they probably wouldn't just sit in a circle for the fun of it.)
tovarisch wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 5:10 pm
... but I suppose you can take the time to count the directors before making your first firing... :)
Yeah. Some of this stuff is assumed- but don't blame me, I got it out of an old book so it wasn't my typographical error (did I use that word right?).
annise wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 7:53 pm
What it does assume is that the directors are held firmly in their seats while this is going on until they are meekly allowed to leave :D
But puzzles are not meant to be for philosophers or lawyers, they are meant to have only one answer :D

Anne
:lol: I think that's the "logical" thing to assume, right? Because in an ordinary situation of this sort, that's what they would normally do.

Yes, Campbell, you're absolutely right! I think the original question just gave a simple visualization to aid the puzzle-decoder, because a visual aid is always more helpful than just description. Yeah, I think your logic is absolutely right! That makes sense, too...I never thought of it that way. :)
~Rachel
~John 3:16
Want DRs? Elijah, Campbell and I have got you covered! Next DR coming soon!

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 » April 18th, 2019, 5:03 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 12:36 pm
Twinkle88 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 5:30 pm
I can't even get past the first question!
:lol: :lol: OK, I'll give you what I was supposed to type:

Reading left from right, can you supply the next two letters of this simple mnemonic?
O T T
F F S
S _ _
(cover your screen and see if you can figure it out first. Then look way down for the answer.)

(E)ight (N)ine. The first letters are the numbers 1-7, i.e., (O)ne, (T)wo, (T)hree...you get the picture. Now you see why I can't trust my faulty memory- I made the puzzle WAY too easy in the first place! :lol:
:lol: :lol: No, you didn't make it too easy for me! I still couldn't do it! My guess was "OO"??? :lol: