Physiotherapy Audio Description Exercises

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
MariaFarnden

Post by MariaFarnden » June 5th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Hi, I am a third year Physiotherapy student and for our final project we have been tasked with creating an innovation project. I am looking to create audio description versions of exercises we regularly give out in practice to be used by those who are visually impaired. I would be providing scripts for these exercise descriptions and would need volunteers to read them out. I am not looking to create these currently, only to form the idea and check it would be feasible for future! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you :D

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 5th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Sounds very interesting. PM me when you're further along and I will see if I can help in someway.
E agora, José?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » June 5th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Welcome!

You can ask for volunteers here, but we won't host the files; you'd need to find somewhere else to host and/or coordinate the project.

You can see other such projects in this Off-Topic forum; their titles have [NOT LV] at the start of them.

(Several years ago, my mom had some PT stretching exercises to do. I made an audio loop that had "Change positions now.... aaaand, stretch!" every X seconds, and once in a while a "Don't forget to breathe!" reminder. I can't recall if she offered it to the PT place for others to use. :))
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Report of the President's Commission on Immigration and Naturalization (1953)
Working the polls Monday, Oct 21, all day and night. Canadians: go vote!

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » June 5th, 2019, 4:20 pm

I may be interested. Let me know, when you start looking for volunteers in earnest.