[NOT LV] Reader Wanted for Audible.com Novel(s)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
cstanley

Post by cstanley » June 18th, 2019, 4:12 pm

I'm exploring the possibility of creating an audio version of a novel that I've written and listing it on Audible.com. My wife and I are regular LibriVox listeners, and I know from that experience that there are some great readers in the LibriVox community. I'm relatively ignorant about what might be entailed in recording a rather long novel or what it might cost, but I'd be happy to hear from anyone who might be interested in working with me. E-mail me at [the email given in the link below]

I should note that the genre of the novel is historical fiction--it's part of a trilogy that takes place in first-century Asia Minor (i.e., the Roman world). I'm an academic scholar with expertise in that area, and my aim is to depict with meticulous accuracy what life was really like for ancient citizens of the Roman Empire. To find learn more about me and my academic publications, see my faculty page at https://www.sbu.edu/about-sbu/people-of-sbu/faculty-profiles/stanley-christopher.

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » June 18th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Hi there and welcome!

I have removed your email from the post above, best not to have it out there too often. People can still find it over the link you have given.

A few questions to help people along a bit:
- how long are the novel(s) (a word count is best to see how much work this would take)
- would you be ready to share a short sample for people who are interested?
- any payment involved and any time frame for completion?
- why not try find readers via audible? I understand they have some sort of audition procedure there?
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 19th, 2019, 12:41 pm

The essential question, Professor, is this: How do you pronounce Caesar? (Wink.)
E agora, José?

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » June 20th, 2019, 4:20 pm

I'd suggest posting it as a project to ACX - you'd have to pay (not sure how much) but I think this would fit your brief a lot better than LV. There you would get to choose your narrator, pay them, and have your project finished by a defined date. If this book is as long as it sounds, I think it's going to be difficult to find LV readers with that much time.

cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » June 21st, 2019, 11:25 am

cstanley wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 4:12 pm
I'm exploring the possibility of creating an audio version of a novel that I've written and listing it on Audible.com. My wife and I are regular LibriVox listeners, and I know from that experience that there are some great readers in the LibriVox community. I'm relatively ignorant about what might be entailed in recording a rather long novel or what it might cost, but I'd be happy to hear from anyone who might be interested in working with me. E-mail me at [the email given in the link below]

I should note that the genre of the novel is historical fiction--it's part of a trilogy that takes place in first-century Asia Minor (i.e., the Roman world). I'm an academic scholar with expertise in that area, and my aim is to depict with meticulous accuracy what life was really like for ancient citizens of the Roman Empire. To find learn more about me and my academic publications, see my faculty page at https://www.sbu.edu/about-sbu/people-of-sbu/faculty-profiles/stanley-christopher.
I would recommend using acx.com its audibles audiobook publishing. The time to narrate a whole book and edit it and proof listin to it is quite the take and I highly doubt you’ll find Anyone to do it for free. If money is a issue acx has a option to spilt the royalties.

Hope that is helpful!!
~Luke Castle
Due to school I am much busier then in the summer. Please bear with me as I work through my PL backlog.

Projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother