Future Platform for Narrators and Listeners?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
HarryJang

Post by HarryJang » October 23rd, 2019, 10:34 pm

Hi all, I've only found out about this forum a few days ago and I'm glad that I found such a community.
A high school friend of mine and I have started a tech company recently and we're trying to see if there's demand from the narrator side.
I've already carried out a similar survey for listeners and there's definitely demand from them.
We've only chosen the most essential questions so that I don't waste your time.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B8PJ8DB

In essence, our startup aims to be an open social-media platform for audiobooks and recordings, sort of like YouTube for audio. There are many other neat features such as live-reading in mind but we're just focusing on getting it started first. Our short-term goal is to at least have some sort of upload and stream feature along with a baseline category for the first several users.

For narrators, we hope to ultimately provide you with your creative freedom through monetization and advertisements. Ultimately opening up potentials for a career as a content creator/entrepreneur.
I appreciate any responses to the survey and interest in this platform :) Excited to be an active user on this forum, although I might be occupied with my university exams for the next several days :roll: Have a great day!

EDIT: Got 5 responses already, I appreciate you all!
Last edited by HarryJang on October 24th, 2019, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » October 23rd, 2019, 11:58 pm

It's up to readers what they do, but I'd just like to make something quite clear from the start. We don't support or endorse or advertise anything that has ads or charges or any other way of making money.

Anne

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 24th, 2019, 6:32 am

Interesting idea. I, personally, don't promote myself as a reader. I've had enough negative reviews elsewhere to know that I'm an acquired taste. :roll: And I do this to get these books out there for others to listen to, not for the notoriety or for money.

Originally I came to LV as a listener; free audiobooks to listen to while on road trips! Yay! Then I discovered that my favorite authors were underrepresented in the LV catalog, so I jumped on board to record. That's still my primary motivation: to get books out there that people can enjoy for free.
Hatfields & McCoys Sensationalist Account: An American Vendetta
Humor: Maxims of Methuselah about women

KevinS

Post by KevinS » October 24th, 2019, 7:11 am

I think it's cute when children ask for a commercial break during bedtime readings.

DACSoft

Post by DACSoft » October 24th, 2019, 11:19 am

KevinS wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 7:11 am
I think it's cute when children ask for a commercial break during bedtime readings.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HarryJang

Post by HarryJang » October 24th, 2019, 8:32 pm

TriciaG wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 6:32 am
Interesting idea. I, personally, don't promote myself as a reader. I've had enough negative reviews elsewhere to know that I'm an acquired taste. :roll: And I do this to get these books out there for others to listen to, not for the notoriety or for money.

Originally I came to LV as a listener; free audiobooks to listen to while on road trips! Yay! Then I discovered that my favorite authors were underrepresented in the LV catalog, so I jumped on board to record. That's still my primary motivation: to get books out there that people can enjoy for free.
That's an amazing story. I respect that

HarryJang

Post by HarryJang » October 24th, 2019, 8:34 pm

annise wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 11:58 pm
It's up to readers what they do, but I'd just like to make something quite clear from the start. We don't support or endorse or advertise anything that has ads or charges or any other way of making money.

Anne
Yes of course.
To keep it clear, I'm grateful that LibriVox has provided us with this opportunity and their rules do not affiliate with what we try to do
Last edited by HarryJang on October 26th, 2019, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ej400

Post by ej400 » October 25th, 2019, 10:03 pm

I really like your idea, and yes, I have taken the survey :wink:

HarryJang

Post by HarryJang » October 26th, 2019, 12:08 am

ej400 wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 10:03 pm
I really like your idea, and yes, I have taken the survey :wink:
Thank you! Got two new responses overnight :thumbs: